I think I somehow have 2 Xbox Gamertags associated to my primary E-Mail address and that is ...

Discus and support I think I somehow have 2 Xbox Gamertags associated to my primary E-Mail address and that is ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, So, a while ago I changed the E-Mail associated with my gamertag to a new E-Mail. Since then I have not been receiving any E-Mails regarding Xbox,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by XB92AI, Jan 14, 2016.

1. XB92AI
    XB92AI Guest

I think I somehow have 2 Xbox Gamertags associated to my primary E-Mail address and that is ...

Hi,

So, a while ago I changed the E-Mail associated with my gamertag to a new E-Mail. Since then I have not been receiving any E-Mails regarding Xbox, Xbox Live, Xbox Rewards or Xbox Ambassadors.

I sometimes get E-Mails regarding a different Xbox Live Account, not my primary one. I am not sure how this has happened but I believe there are 2 gamertags associated to my one E-Mail address and that may be why I am not receiving any E-mails.

THIS Is my main Gamertag, is the one I use and have always used.

Thank you for any help.

:)

XB92AI, Jan 14, 2016
  2. PaulKemp
    PaulKemp Guest
    changing email associated with gamertag..

Good news everybody! I finally managed to change the e-mail associated with my gamertag! I will describe how it was done.

My problem:

I had one original gamertag that was used on my xbox and had achievements and purchases assigned to it. The e-mail address however was old and not in use. Then, due to Windows 8 and a random sign in to xbox.com, I had a 2nd gamertag, this one had nothing
    assigned to it, BUT it was assigned to my preferred, primary, e-mail account. Googling this issue led me nowhere, solutions I saw was "make a 3rd e-mail account, move gamertag to that, them move to the first etc."

Solution:

This solution is based on changing whats regarded as the primary alias to your Microsoft ID. Your MS ID is also whats used for xbox.com and the xbox.

1. Log into https://account.live.com/. Look at overview. Here, add a primary alias. Create a new at @outlook.com address. Note that this will be the login for this account in the future!

2. After you have added the alias, make that alias primary.

3. Then, remove the old e-mail you want freed. The e-mail address you want to use on the other Microsoft ID.

Then, we move on to the MS ID you want to use. In my case, this MS ID was associated to an old expired e-mail account.

1. Log into https://account.live.com/. Look at overview. Here, add a primary alias. Use the e-mail you freed on the other account.

3. Remove the expired old e-mail address.

PaulKemp, Jan 14, 2016
  3. Xbox Linked Account

Hello,

For whatever reason I have two linked xbox accounts. My original gamertag of ; which I don't use anymore. is associated with my current e-mail address. My current gamertag of is associated with a secondary e-mail address that
    I don't really use. Is there a way I can switch, so that my current gamertag of is associated with my current e-mail, so I can 2FA with xbox and other games?

Thanks!

Sean

iamtheoneuwant, Jan 14, 2016
  4. iNb4 Ownage
    iNb4 Ownage Guest

Hey there!

Thanks for the support message.

You will actually need to change your contact email address. To do this, go to
    http://account.microsoft.com/ and sign into your account; go to "Payment & Billing>Billing info>Edit Billing profile. Change the email there to an email you want to receive notifications to.

Cheers!

iNb4 Ownage, Jan 14, 2016
  5. XB92AI
    XB92AI Guest
    Hey all,

I was going to make a new thread regarding this issue but noticed I had posted before. Here is still elaborate more:

Hi,

I will try make this spas short and as simple to understand as possible, as it may get complicated.

the Email address that is currently attached to this Gamertag, , used to be attached to a different gamertag a long time ago. This different Gamertag was one created by accident - it was created when my browser automatically logged me in to Xbox.com
    with my email address, before it was attached to this account.

so eventually, this was all sorted out and the email that was accidentally used to create a Gamertag I did not want, is now attached to . Because of this, i am still receiving Xbox Live Rewards emails from the OLD Gamertag and I have no way to fix
    it. I have ensured in every possible place that I am signed up to receive emails, rewards emails and Xbox promotional emails. I have checked on my Microsoft account and on the Xbox website.

i have no possible way to log in to the old account as the old accounts email, is now attached to this Gamertag. As such, I can't receive any rewards emails. Is there any way to fix this as it is incredibly annoying and frustrating. I'm not even sure how
    the old Xbox account that was created by mistake can even still exist.

Also, for example, I don't even receive emails when I get a reply to my forum posts, despite having the box checked.

Thank you!

XB92AI, Mar 14, 2016
  6. having the same kind of situation.

My year subscription expired today and I attempted to log in and purchase it again, but some sort of "ghost" Gamer tag is coming up, and not the one that is on my console that I play all of my games as. I don't know what to do. I don't want to buy a subscription
    for this FearfulWaters gamer tag when I use a different one. I don't know how this one was even created?

It won't let me renew on my console either. What should I do?

FearfulWater661, Oct 31, 2018
  7. PaulKemp Win User

changing email associated with gamertag..

Good news everybody! I finally managed to change the e-mail associated with my gamertag! I will describe how it was done.

My problem:

I had one original gamertag that was used on my xbox and had achievements and purchases assigned to it. The e-mail address however was old and not in use. Then, due to Windows 8 and a random sign in to xbox.com, I had a 2nd gamertag, this one had nothing
    assigned to it, BUT it was assigned to my preferred, primary, e-mail account. Googling this issue led me nowhere, solutions I saw was "make a 3rd e-mail account, move gamertag to that, them move to the first etc."

Solution:

This solution is based on changing whats regarded as the primary alias to your Microsoft ID. Your MS ID is also whats used for xbox.com and the xbox.

1. Log into https://account.live.com/. Look at overview. Here, add a primary alias. Create a new at @outlook.com address. Note that this will be the login for this account in the future!

3. Then, remove the old e-mail you want freed. The e-mail address you want to use on the other Microsoft ID.

Then, we move on to the MS ID you want to use. In my case, this MS ID was associated to an old expired e-mail account.

1. Log into https://account.live.com/. Look at overview. Here, add a primary alias. Use the e-mail you freed on the other account.

8. PaulKemp Win User

Changing GamerTag Emails

My problem:

Solution:

This worked for me today! Without using the xbox or the horrible games for windows live client. Good luck!
  9. FearfulWater661 Win User

I think I somehow have 2 Xbox Gamertags associated to my primary E-Mail address and that is why I am not receiving any E-mails.

having the same kind of situation.

My year subscription expired today and I attempted to log in and purchase it again, but some sort of "ghost" Gamer tag is coming up, and not the one that is on my console that I play all of my games as. I don't know what to do. I don't want to buy a subscription
    for this FearfulWaters gamer tag when I use a different one. I don't know how this one was even created?

It won't let me renew on my console either. What should I do?
  10. XB92AI Win User

I think I somehow have 2 Xbox Gamertags associated to my primary E-Mail address and that is why I am not receiving any E-mails.

Hey all,

I was going to make a new thread regarding this issue but noticed I had posted before. Here is still elaborate more:

Hi,

I will try make this spas short and as simple to understand as possible, as it may get complicated.

the Email address that is currently attached to this Gamertag, , used to be attached to a different gamertag a long time ago. This different Gamertag was one created by accident - it was created when my browser automatically logged me in to Xbox.com
    with my email address, before it was attached to this account.

so eventually, this was all sorted out and the email that was accidentally used to create a Gamertag I did not want, is now attached to . Because of this, i am still receiving Xbox Live Rewards emails from the OLD Gamertag and I have no way to fix
    it. I have ensured in every possible place that I am signed up to receive emails, rewards emails and Xbox promotional emails. I have checked on my Microsoft account and on the Xbox website.

i have no possible way to log in to the old account as the old accounts email, is now attached to this Gamertag. As such, I can't receive any rewards emails. Is there any way to fix this as it is incredibly annoying and frustrating. I'm not even sure how
    the old Xbox account that was created by mistake can even still exist.

Also, for example, I don't even receive emails when I get a reply to my forum posts, despite having the box checked.

Thank you!
  11. iNb4 Ownage Win User

Hey there!

Thanks for the support message.

You will actually need to change your contact email address. To do this, go to
    http://account.microsoft.com/ and sign into your account; go to "Payment & Billing>Billing info>Edit Billing profile. Change the email there to an email you want to receive notifications to.

Cheers!
Thema:

1. I think I somehow have 2 Xbox Gamertags associated to my primary E-Mail address and that is ... - Similar Threads - somehow Gamertags associated

2. My son has somehow created a new xbox account using the same email address so lost all of...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son has somehow created a new xbox account using the same email address so lost all of...: I don't know what he has done or how he has done it but he had an xbox account. He is now logged in with the same email but different gamer tag snd none of his previous info is linked. So no...
  3. Somehow created a second xbox profile for the same microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Somehow created a second xbox profile for the same microsoft account: Hey Guys, So i wanted to changed by primary email of my microsoft account, i did that and than i wanted to login into minecraft but instead of beginng logged in i got prompted a new gamer tag...
  4. How do I change the birthday on an account? My son's birthday is on my profile somehow and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change the birthday on an account? My son's birthday is on my profile somehow and...: My son's birthday is on my profile and now I can't change anything on any of the accounts. How can this be changed? dbe6047c-99fe-4401-845e-f55a222abe1a
  5. Is there any way i can somehow get back into my account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there any way i can somehow get back into my account?: A year or 2 ago whenever i tried to sign into my account, it repeatedly asked for my password but whenever i put it in, it would kick me out and ask again. I removed the account from my xbox but i...
  6. Can I get the dynamic backgrounds on PC somehow?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I get the dynamic backgrounds on PC somehow?: The dynamic backgrounds available on the Xbox Series X/S consoles look really cool. Is there any way to obtain them and use them on PC? 4f140e05-71ca-411a-8dd8-fe4fab7a17b0
  7. I have overwritten my fifa career mode by accident in my Xbox One X . Can I restore it somehow?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have overwritten my fifa career mode by accident in my Xbox One X . Can I restore it somehow?: Dear all, I was on my player career mode on FIFA 23 and I wanted to switch to my manager career mode. I accidentally saved my player career mode into my manager career mode save file. Is there a...
  8. I've never changed my gamertag, but somehow they still charge me if I want to change it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've never changed my gamertag, but somehow they still charge me if I want to change it...: I've created my xbox account back in the day just to play Minecraft. I never thought I would buy an Xbox, so I just took a stupid name. Yet here we are, I've bought an xbox like a year ago and now...
  9. Xbox Live Account - 1 GamerTag Will Not Let Us Play It Is Locked Somehow

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Live Account - 1 GamerTag Will Not Let Us Play It Is Locked Somehow: We have 1 Xbox Live Account and we have 3 people. So we added 2 more members so we could all have our own gamertags and play together. The main account and 1 additional gamertag account work...
  10. New to Xbox and somehow received an offensive Gamertag! I have to pay to change??? BS!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    New to Xbox and somehow received an offensive Gamertag! I have to pay to change??? BS!!!: First time with xbox and signing in. I never used this before and have a gamertag that I never set up and feel is extremely offensive! I want to change it but it is telling me I have already used...