I think I fried it...

Discus and support I think I fried it... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I went to watch some videos on Youtube and I got disconnected and it said that YouTube had an update. I downloaded the update and as it was signing me... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Gdsmson The 2nd, Jan 3, 2014.

1. I think I fried it...

I went to watch some videos on Youtube and I got disconnected and it said that YouTube had an update. I downloaded the update and as it was signing me back in to XBL ...it froze. So I shut it off and went to turn back on my system...now my system keeps telling
    I have an update to download but when I go to download it - it tells me that I don't have a storage device. When I go to the storage, it tells me it must be formatted. What do I do?!

:)

Gdsmson The 2nd, Jan 3, 2014
  2. Mister Cizl
    Mister Cizl Guest
    I think my PSU is fried

Hey Ahmed Dawod! Check out the information
    here
    under the "Electrical Safety" section. Thanks!

Mister Cizl, Jan 3, 2014
  3. Ahmed Dawod
    Ahmed Dawod Guest
    I think my PSU is fried

I bought my Xbox One in the US but this week I traveled to Egypt. I completely forgot about the fact that Egypt uses 220V electricity system. So when I connected the 100V PSU directly to the outlet smoke came out of it (the PSU). So I removed it quickly.

I was not sure if everything was destroyed so I bought a power transformer that transforms the 220v to 110v. I tested it and to my surprise the Xbox worked. But when I try to play anything the power cuts off completely.

Also, on the side of the PSU I noticed a liquid coming out of it. At first I thought maybe someone spilled water in this area but when I smelled it it smelt weird.

Anyway, I just want to make sure if all this means that only the PSU got damaged or I need to repair something in the console itself.

Ahmed Dawod, Jan 3, 2014
  4. skys7
    skys7 Guest

I think I fried it...

Do you have the option for auto download on ?

If so turn it off and try if that helps.

skys7, Jan 4, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

I think I fried it...