I still cant open my minecraft launcher despite trying everything

Discus and support I still cant open my minecraft launcher despite trying everything in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Every time I try to open the new minecraft launcher it always gives me the error "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Xman5kirby, Sep 4, 2023.

1. Xman5kirby
    Xman5kirby Guest

Every time I try to open the new minecraft launcher it always gives me the error "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." And every time I check, I do in fact have the correct permissions and I attempt to troubleshoot it using videos or searching and nothing is helping. (image below)

I still cant open my minecraft launcher despite trying everything [​IMG]

I have already attempted to repair and reset the app, restarted my pc, reinstalled windows, ran msreset, and running the app as administrator.

System information:

:)

Xman5kirby, Sep 4, 2023
  2. Mae Sev. Win User

Hello Xman5kirby,

We appreciate you for sharing your concern with us and welcome to Xbox Forums.

We understand that you're having trouble opening your Minecraft launcher. I know how frustrating it can be when you've tried everything and nothing seems to work. Let's see if we can get this issue resolved for you.

Based on the error message you're receiving, it seems like there is a possibility that the issue is with a permissions issue with the Minecraft launcher or on the access on your device itself. Here are a few steps you can try to resolve this issue:

Note: You can skip the steps you have done and proceed next.

1. Check your antivirus software: Sometimes, antivirus software can interfere with the proper functioning of applications. Try temporarily disabling your antivirus software and see if that resolves the issue.

2. Run the launcher as an administrator: Right-click on the Minecraft launcher icon and select "Run as administrator". This will give the launcher the necessary permissions to run properly.

3. Check your user account permissions: Make sure that your user account has the necessary permissions to access the Minecraft launcher. You can check this by going to the folder where the launcher is installed, right-clicking on it, and selecting "Properties". Then, go to the "Security" tab and make sure that your user account has the necessary permissions.

4. Reinstall the launcher: If none of the above steps work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Minecraft launcher. Make sure to download the latest version from the official Minecraft website.

Once done, kindly proceed checking on this link "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file" error when you try to install, update or start a program or file - Microsoft Support. Be sure to follow the steps provided on the link provided.

After applying the steps, kindly check to see if the issue persists.

If none of these steps work, please let me know.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Mae Sev. Win User

Hello Xman5kirby,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a new discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. MUHAMMAD MAAZ 6 Win User

so signing in with my Microsoft account gives me error (all the apps i try to log in either Minecraft or Microsoft store etc)

well i did everything now everything is worse i cant downloads the Minecraft launcher because it shows error when i try to.
  5. EKbaddabing Win User

Minecraft

Thanks Francia J.

I did as you suggested. When I use the newly installed launcher (for WIndows 7/8) I can logon with my Microsoft account but it then says that Minecraft is 'incompatible with Launcher'.

When I try to open Minecraft without the launcher, I still get the 'Renew Gold' message.

Best,
  6. Nick tom. Win User

Minecraft Dungeons

The problem is, I still can't open the one through the mojang launcher...

When I click "Minecraft Dungeons" through the Minecraft launcher, it still makes me open up my microsoft account... and the game was purchased through the Mojang account... So when I try that, it stills directs me to buy the game.

I'm just a bit confused as to how this works and it appears I'm not the only one...

Thanks,
Thema:

1. I still cant open my minecraft launcher despite trying everything - Similar Threads - still cant open

2. Im still having this problem cant play a game of cod any fixes yet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im still having this problem cant play a game of cod any fixes yet?: series x keeps crashing on numerous br cant even play c.o.d d23f1d63-d163-4e5e-a7a1-e82fe542be82
  3. it is 2023 almost 2024 and we still cant move a xbox live account to a different Microsoft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    it is 2023 almost 2024 and we still cant move a xbox live account to a different Microsoft...: tens of thousands of parents created a xbox live account for their children on Christmas day so they could play as soon as possible. nobody at microsoft thought maybe those kids grow up and would...
  4. STILL cant' access multiplayer games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    STILL cant' access multiplayer games: I can't access multiplayer games. I've followed the instructions for changing the settings for my account in Microsoft. I have selected "Allow" for each item instructed to and clicked submit. I...
  5. I have an xbox series s and i cant use voice chat in roblox. My age is verified but i still...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have an xbox series s and i cant use voice chat in roblox. My age is verified but i still...: I verified my age on roblox but i still cant use voice chat on my xbox series x 4ceab9b2-9085-4d35-9d46-f3ac5156e7bf
  6. Nat unavalible and teredo not working ive done no joke everything i can and still cant...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Nat unavalible and teredo not working ive done no joke everything i can and still cant...: Nat unavalible and teredo not working ive done no joke d5f845bc-d771-445c-a7f3-2008ddb81a0a
  7. Even when I’ve restarted my xbox and have signed out of my account i still cant seem to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Even when I’ve restarted my xbox and have signed out of my account i still cant seem to...: When switching to my account after switching it to a adult i cant change my profile picture even after changing my settings and resetting my account and xbox nothing seems to work....
  8. I have an OPEN NAT but I still cant party chat with my friend.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an OPEN NAT but I still cant party chat with my friend.: Every once and a while when I plug my headset into my controller my friend will hear a ton of static but thats it. I did the port forwarding thing to get my NAT setting to go from moderate to open...
  9. Wireless, Open NAT, UPNP enabled, ports forwarded, no double NAT, STILL CANT CONNECT TO XBL!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless, Open NAT, UPNP enabled, ports forwarded, no double NAT, STILL CANT CONNECT TO XBL!: I'm so unbelievably annoyed with XBL and this awful connection issue I'm having. I have gone through the entire post located here:...
  10. Nat Type: OPEN still cant get online and play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Nat Type: OPEN still cant get online and play: Day 2 of having Xbox Live issues Nat Type: Open The following service is experiencing issues: Purchase and Content Usage Any update on this? Or is this something i can take care at my end?...