I started using my mother's account when I was a child do I have to keep using it forever...

Discus and support I started using my mother's account when I was a child do I have to keep using it forever... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I started using my mother's account when I was a child do I have to permanently use it or is there a way to seperate it... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by BEN Z hggghh, Jan 6, 2024.

1. BEN Z hggghh
    BEN Z hggghh Guest

I started using my mother's account when I was a child do I have to keep using it forever...

I started using my mother's account when I was a child do I have to permanently use it or is there a way to seperate it

:)

BEN Z hggghh, Jan 6, 2024
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

I started using my mother's account when I was a child do I have to keep using it forever or can I move all Xbox purchases and what not

Hi Ben! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Mom's Microsoft account.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to transfer purchased games/addons and saved data progress from one account to another.

You can try to create a new Microsoft Xbox account and start a new progress then have your mom's account set as home Xbox to share all the games purchased under her account by signing her account on your console > press the Xbox menu button > go to settings > personalization > my home Xbox > make this my home Xbox.

By doing so, all the games that were purchased under her account will be shared with all of the accounts that will be using your console.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. Smwutches Win User

Adulting

The only way to keep everything is by continuing to use the account he is using. If it was created using his mother's email, etc. instead of her creating a child account for him, then it would have to keep her information since it's technically her account. If he creates a new one, he will have to start over. Nothing can be transferred between accounts.
  4. ClausReich Win User

Email change, with old email staying active

What you've mentioned is the correct way of doing things! You can set the Home Xbox on the mother's account, which will then allow the child to play all of Game Pass games from the mother's account subscription.

If you have any other questions, make sure to contact us again and start a new thread!

Thank you for your contact and I hope that all of yours questions have been solved!
  5. MisterSwitch Win User

Do I HAVE to use it??

Hello.

Can you elaborate on your question please?
  6. Awesome 80s Kid Win User

Do I HAVE to use it??

Can I hook up the Xbox 1 straight into the tv and not through my cable box and just play it straight and keep my cable TV separate?
Thema:

1. I started using my mother's account when I was a child do I have to keep using it forever... - Similar Threads - started using mother's

2. Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...: Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game or navigate the xbox dashboard xbox series x f85ab271-550a-4efe-b42c-9616c1392b7f
  3. I am using cloud gaming and my controller randomly started freezing up and not working for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am using cloud gaming and my controller randomly started freezing up and not working for...: I ran a stick drift test and it has none so it is something to do with cloud gaming. Anyone have any clue on what's going on and how to fix it? d13755ae-ae21-4815-9147-b9d6e76b5e39
  4. The controller thinks that its plugged in when im using batteries, and starts randomly...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The controller thinks that its plugged in when im using batteries, and starts randomly...: I was trying to play with my controller plugged in to the wall but randomly the controller wasn't getting anymore power, so i decided to get some batteries after putting them in the controller...
  5. Today my xbox took my progress and started me back to level 1.I cant use any of my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Today my xbox took my progress and started me back to level 1.I cant use any of my...: My XBOX has an error Status store and subscriptions. My progress isn't showing on the game it is set back to level 1. I've been playing but with all basic load outs. The XBOX STATUS Shows a...
  6. I want to start streaming but I want to use an actual camera instead of a webcam, how would...

in XBoX on Windows
    I want to start streaming but I want to use an actual camera instead of a webcam, how would...: I want to start streaming but I want to use an actual camera instead of a webcam, how would I go about that to hook the camera up to my Xbox? 78739a90-a828-476b-80f4-cbed23175d58
  7. I wanted to get a used Xbox one start fresh and I wanna to know if I could get banned for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I wanted to get a used Xbox one start fresh and I wanna to know if I could get banned for...: My brother owns a Xbox Series S and I was wondering if I get a Xbox and play with him online if could I get banned by association my brother violates the code of conduct by telling people thare ip...
  8. I use the xbox s to stream netflix. It starts to blink. Sound is not affected, only video.

in XBoX on Windows
    I use the xbox s to stream netflix. It starts to blink. Sound is not affected, only video.: I use the xbox s to stream netflix, amazon, hulu, max and disney. It is connected to a denon s740H and a samsung ks800D. after watching for about 30 or more minutes, the video from any streaming...
  9. Can't screenshot, alt-tab or use windows key to open start menu while being fullscreen in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't screenshot, alt-tab or use windows key to open start menu while being fullscreen in...: I've had this issue for a while with my PC and I thought it was a problem with a few specific games, until I bought a laptop. While playing the games on my laptop, I am able to screenshot, alt-tab...
  10. Purchased xbox x controller to use on PC xbox app press start to play does nothing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased xbox x controller to use on PC xbox app press start to play does nothing: I recently purchased an xbox x controller by ApowerA because it had a usb connection. I figured it was plug and play. It works fine with some of my emulators as i could map the controller to any...