I spilt water into my Xbox one S fan, what should I do?

Discus and support I spilt water into my Xbox one S fan, what should I do? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Long story short, I went to get up think my water cup was empty but it turned out it had water in it. In which the water got into the consoles fan or... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Shadow2455, Jun 7, 2024.

1. Shadow2455
    Shadow2455 Guest

Long story short, I went to get up think my water cup was empty but it turned out it had water in it. In which the water got into the consoles fan or vent area and on surface of the console, it instantly cut off after a few seconds. I tried turning it on a few times but it would instantly cut off every time I tried to turn it on. What should I do now, and is there still a chance I can get it to work again?

(I cleaned up as much water as I could access)

:)

Shadow2455, Jun 7, 2024
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi Shadow2455. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Thank you for posting on the Xbox Communities Forum. I'm very sorry to hear your Xbox has been water damaged.

Unfortunately, when electronics are damaged with water it is very difficult and expensive, or even impossible to fix. Especially if the device was powered on when the water damage occurred, and you attempted to power it on while water was still in the console. Doing this has likely damaged many of the console's components, replacing these components would be very expensive and Microsoft does not offer repairs for Xbox One systems any more. So in this case, I'm afraid all I can advise is purchasing a new console.

Please reach back if you have further questions.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  3. Georges C. Win User

Water spilt on my Xbox one, what should I do?

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello 爪ㄩ丂卄尺ㄖㄖ爪, I'm sorry about what happened to your console, but if it doesn't turn on, the ideal thing would be to send it under warranty.

If it's out of warranty and it's the new Series S/X models, you can take advantage of Microsoft's paid repair service.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...

If you have one of the previous models, they have already been discontinued and you will have to take your console to a technical assistance.
  4. Tezzerrific Win User

Water spilt on my Xbox one, what should I do?

too late, may be turned off when it happened but still power running though it, will cause instant corrosion around components and may have causes significant damage already, i would not connect it again and i would either take to a local repair shop for them to check or buy another one, microsoft won't repair it even paid as it is physical damage.
  5. Internet Expert Win User

I spilt water on my Xbox one S

6. XBF Ezra G Win User

Spilt water

Hi Hing567,

Thank you for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with your Xbox One S not powering on. To troubleshoot this, please check out this article:

Xbox One console won't turn on

I hope this helps!
Thema:

1. I spilt water into my Xbox one S fan, what should I do? - Similar Threads - spilt water fan

2. I spilt water on my controller and now LB is constantly being pressed even while the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I spilt water on my controller and now LB is constantly being pressed even while the...: I accidentally spilt water on my controller and now when i play any-games or even navigate through the xbox menu the button “LB” is being pressed even with nothing clicking/holding the button....
  3. I accidentally spilt water on my series and now is zoomed out and has black border around...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I accidentally spilt water on my series and now is zoomed out and has black border around...: Yesterday i spilt water on my series s and didn’t turn on for a while but now it has turned on but the screen is zoomed out and has a black border around the home screen?...
  4. I want to play non-spilt screen multiplayer with my girlfriend in the same room.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I want to play non-spilt screen multiplayer with my girlfriend in the same room.: I want to be able to play non-split screen multiplayer games, owned or on the gamepass, with my girlfriend in the same room. HARDWARE: I have an Xbox series x and an Xbox One. I'm going to buy a...
  5. Water spilt on my Xbox one, what should I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Water spilt on my Xbox one, what should I do?: Okay, my cat spilt water on my Xbox one but it was already turned off for like maybe two hours. I made sure to unplug the all the cords from the Xbox and clean up as much water as I could. Now...
  6. spilt coke into left side of Xbox one x and blue tint to graphics after booting game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    spilt coke into left side of Xbox one x and blue tint to graphics after booting game.: My Xbox has already lots of problems due to me neglecting it getting cleaned due to being a bit too short on money, but a few hours ago i spilt some coke into the left side of it when it was...
  7. I have just spilt apple juice on my sons console- urgent help required please

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have just spilt apple juice on my sons console- urgent help required please: PLease can someone advise what best to do? LIquid cleared off Asap but it entered teh vent and is now turned upside down. WE tried to turn back on and it does power up but immediately turns off....
  8. Soda spilt in xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Soda spilt in xbox one: Hi , Soda got spilt in the of my Xbox one console through the cooling vent , but it I think it still works but the problem I'm having with it is that when I turn it on it stays on for about 1...
  9. Spilt water

in XBoX on Consoles
    Spilt water: I spilt tea on my xbox 1 s fan but not a lot. I turned it upside down and drained all the liquid i could. Turned xbox back on and it would give me the loading screen for 10 seconds then shut back...
  10. I spilt water on my Xbox one S

in XBoX on Consoles
    I spilt water on my Xbox one S: 2 days ago I spilt water on my Xbox one s it was on when I spilt water on it I quickly unplugged the Xbox and poured all the water out I left it upside down so all the water could get out now when...