I said something pretty dumb not gonna lie. But this man was trying to get my IP address. I...

Discus and support I said something pretty dumb not gonna lie. But this man was trying to get my IP address. I... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; If a man on Xbox tries to send me a link that will expose my I. P and I say something Pretty vulgar back Does that deserve a two day suspension on my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Hunter ✔, Nov 17, 2023.

1. Hunter ✔
    Hunter ✔ Guest

I said something pretty dumb not gonna lie. But this man was trying to get my IP address. I...

If a man on Xbox tries to send me a link that will expose my I. P and I say something Pretty vulgar back Does that deserve a two day suspension on my account I shouldn't have said what I said but the man was harassing me like crazy. I swear to you you can look at the chat that man was trying to expose my IP address and you know what I popped off and said something I shouldn't have but Dang it. Why am I the one getting the Suspension Gamertags: [mod removed] Longstrike77 is mine I guarantee you if you look at the chats. I swear to God. This is happened to me multiple times I guess I need to invest in a VPN or something. people are threatening to get my IP all the time. And sometimes my internet goes out and I have to call my internet company I don't know how many times I've had to get this fixed

:)

Hunter ✔, Nov 17, 2023
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

I said something pretty dumb not gonna lie. But this man was trying to get my IP address. I don't even want to click the link on my X Box to find out

You shouldn't need a a VPN. If you're in a game with multiple users, there is no way to find your I.P as the snooping software can not differienciet I.P addresses and Xbox Gamertags.

Now, unless the Live system has changed recently, the only way for someone to get your I.P was for them to get you to join their party. If there were only two in the party it would be pretty straight forward for I.P snooping to figure out what your I.P is.

No matter what is said or what threats are made, do not interact with these people. Just block and report them. As Stuart has already said, contact your ISP about your Internet outages as DDoS attacks are not done via Xbox Live.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

I said something pretty dumb not gonna lie. But this man was trying to get my IP address. I don't even want to click the link on my X Box to find out

The best thing to do in a scenario like this, is to just report and block, and don't talk back, otherwise you will get the suspension, and they won't.

As for the internet going out, that could be down to you getting a denial-of-service attack, which Xbox cannot do anything about, as it is aimed at your IP address, and you need to contact your internet provider to sort it out.
  4. MuKz7 Win User

Xbox Live Connection problems since 03/10/11

Not gonna lie but it was lowkey me

the issue was first resolved with a static IP for myself but the issue was on the microsoft end and i managed to talk then through and get this resolved
  5. MELegendN7 Win User

1st Impressions of Platinum...

pretty excited not gonna lie
  6. CMUchippewa Win User

Did I get a Limited Edition XBONE or is there something seriously wrong with my XBONE??

Not gonna lie, that looks pretty cool.
Thema:

1. I said something pretty dumb not gonna lie. But this man was trying to get my IP address. I... - Similar Threads - said something pretty

2. Series X randomly Shut off. Said it overheated, but wasn't hot.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X randomly Shut off. Said it overheated, but wasn't hot.: Playing DayZ. Twice in a row, about an hour into playing it randomly went straight to black. Thought it hard crashed and pushed me to the menu. But no. Right off. Turned it back on, got the...
  3. I joined my friends Xbox part and it said ⚠ party encountered an error [0x8924000d] what do...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I joined my friends Xbox part and it said ⚠ party encountered an error [0x8924000d] what do...: What shall I do it is very confusing please reply over tryed joining another party, restarting my Xbox but nothing works please help me What do I do?? e1776a11-b598-4b53-8e55-71f86a941232
  4. Why cant i stream on my xbox one X? I have contacted Twitch they said it has to do with...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i stream on my xbox one X? I have contacted Twitch they said it has to do with...: I can't stream on my xbox one X, I have tried to logging out of my twitch and my xbox account on my xbox, it didn't work 97eeeb71-4d6c-46f5-8043-5867f8452a39
  5. As this other person said I wish U could look at your old profile pictures as I would love...

in XBoX Accessibility
    As this other person said I wish U could look at your old profile pictures as I would love...: I hope this really does happen 27301770-5608-4b09-bd41-71ed6fd7e114
  6. Why would I get 3 calls n a row from xbox but nothing said ??

in XBoX on Windows
    Why would I get 3 calls n a row from xbox but nothing said ??: I received 3 calls one minute apart òn my home landlines phone. Picked it up and nothing was communicated 035c46cc-0418-4c68-ac94-1e6f3b61c511
  7. Ban [mod removed] he said he was gonna kill me irl and cussing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ban [mod removed] he said he was gonna kill me irl and cussing: Ban [mod removed] he is cussing and talking about killing 6ca2dd2b-697f-46ad-b968-8bc8e2ec7283
  8. why am I not unsuspended for something I said I didn't know

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    why am I not unsuspended for something I said I didn't know: I am super mad my mom made this account when I was 7 in 2017 and now I get suspended for a gamer pic I didn't know was inappropriate I appealed for it, and guess what denied I can't believe it I...
  9. I have had trouble with the Microsoft link for Minecraft Legends where it said something...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have had trouble with the Microsoft link for Minecraft Legends where it said something...: I'm just trying to get to code page with the link the Minecraft legends game offers for signing in and when I put in the link it doesn't bring me to the correct page...
  10. I refunded something and Microsoft said I can’t get a refund please I really need this money.

in XBoX on Windows
    I refunded something and Microsoft said I can’t get a refund please I really need this money.: Please I really need this refund as soon as possible I need this for the bills please help. cfbadd80-7476-42e7-931d-3519db9f4ea7