I restarted my Xbox and accidentally turned it off and don’t now my screen is all black and...

Discus and support I restarted my Xbox and accidentally turned it off and don’t now my screen is all black and... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I restarted my xbox and accidentally turned it off and now when I click on the off Byron it stays on and my screen is black if anyone can help that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by sarah wright2, Oct 2, 2023.

1. I restarted my Xbox and accidentally turned it off and don’t now my screen is all black and...

I restarted my xbox and accidentally turned it off and now when I click on the off Byron it stays on and my screen is black if anyone can help that would be great

:)

sarah wright2, Oct 2, 2023
  2. AndrewCranford1 Win User

Update

All I see right now is my Xbox one Consol Xbox symbol lighting up and turning off as it would regularly doing a restart. But my screen is completely black and hast even started up
  3. Mae Sev. Win User

I restarted my Xbox and accidentally turned it off and don’t now my screen is all black and the Xbox stays on even though I clicked on the off button

Hello sarah wright2,

Thank you for sharing this with us and welcome to Xbox Forums.

Based on the information you provided, it appears that you're experiencing issues with your Xbox. Let's try a few troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve the issue.

First, let's try a hard reset of your Xbox. To do this, please follow these steps:

• Press and hold the power button on the front of the Xbox for 10 seconds.
    • Wait for the Xbox to turn off completely.
    • Unplug the power cable from the back of the Xbox and wait for 10 seconds.
    • Plug the power cable back in and turn on the Xbox.

If the hard reset doesn't work, let's try resetting the display settings on your Xbox. To do this, please follow these steps:

• Press and hold the power button on the front of the Xbox for 10 seconds to turn it off.
    • Press and hold the power button and the eject button on the front of the Xbox at the same time until you hear a second beep.
    • Release the buttons and wait for the Xbox to restart.

If the above steps don't work, it's possible that there may be an issue with your HDMI cable or your TV. Please try using a different HDMI cable or connecting your Xbox to a different TV to see if the issue persists.

If any case the concern still exists, try to do force shut down.

• Press and hold the power button until you hear two beeps.
    • Then, let go of the power button and wait for 20 minutes while the Xbox console cools down.

It would be a great help for you checking on this link for more details: Troubleshooting a blank TV screen or monitor while your Xbox is on

If none of the above steps work, please let me know.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community
  4. Mae Sev. Win User

I restarted my Xbox and accidentally turned it off and don’t now my screen is all black and the Xbox stays on even though I clicked on the off button

Hello sarah wright2,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a new discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. CRob2 Win User

Xbox One FIX!, black screen after update 2021!

In the same boat as the above poster. Tried all methods as latest update black screened my Xbox one (original). What is going to be done or what to do in this event? Says I need to sign in from guide but screen stays black after Xbox start up screen. Only can pull up turn off restart options.
  6. NolanAeron Win User

xbox one power issues

The xbox screen will pop up and go to black. If I hold the button on the controller, I get the option screen for turn off controller, turn off console, restart
Thema:

I restarted my Xbox and accidentally turned it off and don’t now my screen is all black and...

1. I restarted my Xbox and accidentally turned it off and don’t now my screen is all black and... - Similar Threads - restarted accidentally turned

2. My Xbox one is stuck at 86% on an update. I have restarted it multiple times and the update...

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox one is stuck at 86% on an update. I have restarted it multiple times and the update...: I don't have a computer to reset it using a USB none of the solutions I have seen online have worked submitted by /u/Mias_mandibles [link] [comments]
  3. Avatar wont update even after restart of console

in XboX Insiders
    Avatar wont update even after restart of console: I would love a rework on the avatars program as it never updates and this is very frustrating . submitted by /u/Tough_Recording_3176 [link] [comments]
  4. I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...: Won't connect after I just bought it and I have already done the basics, could it not be getting enough power? a1ef56d7-a2ae-434d-abab-b74dac6e2515
  5. When preforming an offline update xbox shuts off completely and doesn't restart

in XBoX on Consoles
    When preforming an offline update xbox shuts off completely and doesn't restart: When I do a offline update my xbox shuts off midway through the verfying process and doesn't restart to continue. 4f3b165f-a760-483d-9702-9b93a1fb61d0
  6. My original Xbox one doesn’t restart properly after a recent update. I have tried updating...

in XBoX on Windows
    My original Xbox one doesn’t restart properly after a recent update. I have tried updating...: My adapter died a few months ago and I’ve only just replaced it, and when I turned it on for the first time there was an update. I started the update and the Xbox turned off at the end without...
  7. I have to restart my Laptop anytime I want to go into an xbox party.

in XboX Insiders
    I have to restart my Laptop anytime I want to go into an xbox party.: Just as the title says, I have to restart my laptop every time I want to go into an Xbox party. after I restart my laptop, it'll allow me to go into xbox parties but after a while of not using the...
  8. Why does my Xbox look like this? Changed hdmi ports on the TV, hard restarted the console,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox look like this? Changed hdmi ports on the TV, hard restarted the console,...: [img] here is a photo of what it looks like bb1e3daf-04bc-4be3-9fd6-114ba54710be
  9. Why isnt my recently played with list not updating? Ive restarted my console hoping it...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why isnt my recently played with list not updating? Ive restarted my console hoping it...: Why isnt my recently played with list not updating? Ive restarted my console hoping it would help. It’s only showing me from 8 hours ago. I need to see whom i just played with...
  10. I can't sign in to xbox live. I've restarted and everything is connected

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't sign in to xbox live. I've restarted and everything is connected: I can't sign in to xbox live. I've restarted and everything is connected 544fa0c7-940c-4556-9c52-8cac307a4299