I reset my xbox and don't remember my email or password

Discus and support I reset my xbox and don't remember my email or password in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hey There This problem has probably happened to the best of us but earlier this year we were having trouble with our internet and during the transfer... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by DaleNeill, Nov 24, 2018.

1. DaleNeill
    DaleNeill Guest

Hey There

This problem has probably happened to the best of us but earlier this year we were having trouble with our internet and during the transfer process I accidentally reset my xbox. Now like everyone else I don't know what my email address was or password.
    When I go through the microsoft account recovery it always says I have not provided enough information?????? I certainly do provide a lot of information. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

DaleNeill, Nov 24, 2018
  2. Forgot email

I Forgot my password for my xbox 360, the problem was that i suddently had to sign in with the password to play xbox live, and then i didn't know it. i can't reset it because if i try to get it emailed it will email it to the account i can't remember the
    password of and i don't remember the anwser for the security question.

ScarceArtist50, Nov 24, 2018
  3. Can't access account

I came home today and went to turn on my console for XBL and recieved a message that said I had to relogin with my password. Some sort of security protocol? Unfortunately, I don't remember my password to gain access, and not only that, I don't remember the
    password for the email address I made for the account because I didn't use it other than that one time. I tried to reset the password for the email account but Google denied it. I'm not sure why Xbox did this but I only want access to my account, otherwise
    I will have to make another profile, I guess, and pay for Xbox Live again. This is ridiculous. Shame on me for not remembering this stuff but is there a way around this? Can't somebody with Xbox just reset it?

WorldlierChart7, Nov 24, 2018
  4. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest

M3tal Daz3, Nov 24, 2018
  5. CrazY1985
    CrazY1985 Guest
    contact official support.

Maybe they can help you out.

First question that comes up on my side is "How can someone forget his emailadress?"

I use my mail on a daily base so I can't understand how someone would forget his/her mailadress..

As said, contact official support and provide them your info.

Maybe they can help you out on getting to know your emailadress.

CrazY1985, Nov 24, 2018
  6. DaleNeill
    DaleNeill Guest
    Thank you for your reply. My issue is however I go through the account recovery process and add all information required and correct might I add and all I get back is some less than helpful unmonitoured email saying I haven't provided enough information.
    Now I know microsoft wants to keep peoples information protected but this is just plain stupid.

DaleNeill, Nov 24, 2018
  7. DaleNeill
    DaleNeill Guest
    Hey there

Thanks for that. And yes you may question how can anyone forget their email address. I don't as a rule but when setting up xbox live I just used the default email given and haven't given it a second thought since then.

DaleNeill, Nov 6, 2018
  8. DaleNeill Win User

Hey there

Thanks for that. And yes you may question how can anyone forget their email address. I don't as a rule but when setting up xbox live I just used the default email given and haven't given it a second thought since then.
  9. CrazY1985 Win User

contact official support.

Maybe they can help you out.

First question that comes up on my side is "How can someone forget his emailadress?"

I use my mail on a daily base so I can't understand how someone would forget his/her mailadress..

As said, contact official support and provide them your info.

Maybe they can help you out on getting to know your emailadress.
  10. M3tal Daz3 Win User

11. DaleNeill Win User

Thank you for your reply. My issue is however I go through the account recovery process and add all information required and correct might I add and all I get back is some less than helpful unmonitoured email saying I haven't provided enough information.
    Now I know microsoft wants to keep peoples information protected but this is just plain stupid.
  12. FearedNightmare Win User

Don't remember password/can't reset password.

You could try and call Xbox Support and maybe they can help you out
Thema:

1. I reset my xbox and don't remember my email or password - Similar Threads - reset don't remember

2. Latest update has crashed my Xbox, when factory resets and offline updates don't work,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Latest update has crashed my Xbox, when factory resets and offline updates don't work,...: After a system update my Xbox one S has been unusable. It would switch on but nothing would load. I followed the steps for an offline reset, this worked for a few days, then the same problem...
  3. My xbox won't connect to my Internet but it will on my phone and I don't want to reset the xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox won't connect to my Internet but it will on my phone and I don't want to reset the xbox: I'm trying to contact my xbox in a different house and It won't work I have tried most of the things it says to do and it works on all my other devices and I don't want to have to reset the xbox...
  4. For some reason my xbox has reseted itself and I don't know what to do please help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    For some reason my xbox has reseted itself and I don't know what to do please help: For some reason my xbox series s has reseted itself and u don't know what to do please help. 78f5aee3-c0b1-444c-9e6e-8d6236f597bc
  5. My game keeps crashing and I don't know how to fix it, I don't want to factory reset...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My game keeps crashing and I don't know how to fix it, I don't want to factory reset...: Tom clancy's rainbow six siege always kickes me from the game and I don't want to factory reset because I need more details. 38bc83e9-d165-463a-be0c-a81ce9dc25c0
  6. Reset xbox 360 console. Don't know pass code or security answer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Reset xbox 360 console. Don't know pass code or security answer: How to reset xbox 360 console. Don't know the pass code or security answer as I bought the console 2nd hand f7406eb7-4cd8-4333-8afc-5da9f8ea0fc9
  7. I need to reset xbox 360 console but don't remember my passcode or secret question answer

in XBoX on Windows
    I need to reset xbox 360 console but don't remember my passcode or secret question answer: Need to do a total reset of console without passcode or security question. How would this be possible e2d97f99-9cf4-4f49-8ce1-33c967b3a51d
  8. some Xbox 1 games saying I don't own them after reseting and keeping games and apps

in XBoX Games and Apps
    some Xbox 1 games saying I don't own them after reseting and keeping games and apps: On Xbox 1. Several games said that I needed to restart to solve a problem (with no problem code). A restart didn't help so I used the * reset and keep games and apps* button. After setting...
  9. I don't know how to reset my password.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I don't know how to reset my password.: I don't have the phone number or the xbox or the outlook account if anyone wants to help you can please and help would be great. d123d0a9-d62c-4a08-b92a-493d0078dca2
  10. tried to reset password to many times and now have to wait 24 hours -don't want to do that...

in XBoX Accessibility
    tried to reset password to many times and now have to wait 24 hours -don't want to do that...: want to move account from xbox one to xbox series and i tried all night to reset the password which iv'e had the account awhile and dont remember the password but it has locked me out for 24 hours...