I refunded some games but I changed my payment method where will the money go?

Discus and support I refunded some games but I changed my payment method where will the money go? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I refunded some games but I changed my payment method where will the money go? c39da3c8-53a5-4c35-b5db-a6561b690066 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jonathan Gilley, Jan 11, 2024.

1. I refunded some games but I changed my payment method where will the money go?

:)

Jonathan Gilley, Jan 11, 2024
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

The refund will always go back to what was used, so if it was a credit card, the refund would go there. If it was your Microsoft Account balance, it would go back on there, etc, etc.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

MW2 Preorder fail

Refunds always go to the payment method used originally

If you have a new card but the bank is the same. Some banks refund the money on the new card

You may need to reach them to see how they're going to refund the money to you
  4. [EX] Win User

I asked for a refund on a digital game but didn't get all my money back

Ah, I see where i got confused. My problem is that I got some of the money but not all of it. I'm missing about £4.99 of my £24.99 perchase. Apologies on my behalf of not adding enough detail
    Could it be, that you've paid with 2 different payment methods ?

For example 20£ with credits from your Xbox account and the rest with PayPal. Because different

payment methods have different refund times !
  5. Buachaill Dona Win User

Xbox live region problem

Hi there,

I would recommend contacting the seller and either ask for a code that works where you are or a refund. Or I would contact my payment method for a refund.
  6. KindGryphon Win User

Can my refund be put on my microsoft account?

I used a non relodable card upon purchase and when i had to refund the money didnt refund onto the card because it wont reload, is it possible to be refunded the money on my microsoft account?
    No. Refunds are always sent to the original payment method.

Even nonreloadable cards can be reloaded when it comes to something being refunded. I know from experience.

That being said some prepaid cards can take up to 60 days for a refund to appear
Thema:

1. I refunded some games but I changed my payment method where will the money go? - Similar Threads - refunded games changed

2. I recently refunded a game and it says I cant play it but when I go to my revolute account...

in XBoX on Windows
    I recently refunded a game and it says I cant play it but when I go to my revolute account...: Here is the Revolut message 6dd93ab6-f3ba-42c2-92eb-468690d1d368
  3. I need help refunding a game

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help refunding a game: I’m trying to refund an Xbox game I bought and it declined my refund saying I reached my refund limit and This is the first game I’m refunding and I don’t understand why it says I reached my...
  4. Bought a game for a friend and it can't be redeemed or refunded

in XBoX on Windows
    Bought a game for a friend and it can't be redeemed or refunded: Bought a game for a friend and it can't be redeemed. It said because it's from another region which is weird because we're in the same city. We checked every possible accounts regions which was...
  5. What do I do if a game was refunded and I didnt know

in XBoX on Windows
    What do I do if a game was refunded and I didnt know: I was playing GTA V Online then it said I don’t own it so when i want to go see what happened it says that the game was refunded. I got my money back but since it was at discount at the time i...
  6. Cancel PC Game Pass - not offered refund option

in XBoX on Windows
    Cancel PC Game Pass - not offered refund option: My latest PC Game Pass renewal email said 'You will receive a refund of your most recent recurring billing charge if you cancel your subscription and request a refund within 30 days after being...
  7. How do I get a refund for the game pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get a refund for the game pass: I don’t remember buying the game pass and I have been charged for it today and I would like a refund 430c4316-5f5b-4640-823e-5f573045ef5b
  8. Let me refund my game that I don’t want

in XBoX Accessibility
    Let me refund my game that I don’t want: Let me refund and give me my money back you can’t just denied my request that is illegal and just let me refund whatever I want and you can’t denied bcf72c62-06f3-454a-883c-017b2e3d1357
  9. Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played

in XBoX on Windows
    Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played: Gifted a friend a game not compatible with their Xbox. Tried to get a refund, denied because the game has been "played or consumed" it hasn't due to my friend not even being able to access it...
  10. Earlier today I requested a refund on a game and i changed my mind about it can I cancel it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Earlier today I requested a refund on a game and i changed my mind about it can I cancel it?: Earlier today I requested a refund on a game and i changed my mind about it can I cancel it? 80a751a0-3160-46d7-a473-c714cbc9db2f