I refunded a game but I didn’t get my money back, but it says they did, do I just wait longer

Discus and support I refunded a game but I didn’t get my money back, but it says they did, do I just wait longer in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I refunded a game but I didn’t get my money back, but it says they did, do I just wait longer ? 7e2ac95b-d535-458a-a819-95314ad47866 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Nic ., Nov 22, 2023.

1. Nic .
    Nic . Guest

I refunded a game but I didn’t get my money back, but it says they did, do I just wait longer

I refunded a game but I didn’t get my money back, but it says they did, do I just wait longer ?

:)

Nic ., Nov 22, 2023
  2. Gerardo CG Win User

Hi there Nic, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

Please take in mind that the time it takes for refunds to be reflected typically ranges from 3 to 5 business days (Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays are non-business days).

You can verify this information for yourself through the following link in the "Games & apps" tab:

https://support.microsoft.com/accou...r-refund-81629012-aa4f-f48b-2394-8596f415072b

[​IMG]

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  3. Gerardo CG Win User

So I got a game refund approved, but I didn’t get my money back. Is there a wait time for my money to be back??

Hi there SkoomaDog, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

Please take in mind that the time it takes for refunds to be reflected in your bank account after the refund is approved is generally between 3 to 5 business days (Saturdays, Sundays and holidays are non-business days). This time may vary depending on each bank, some of them may take longer to process the refund money and others may process them faster.

You can confirm this information by going to the following link under the "Games & apps" section:

https://support.microsoft.com/accou...r-refund-81629012-aa4f-f48b-2394-8596f415072b

[​IMG]

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  4. Darhyl Amizola Win User

I refunded a add on from a game and it says refund accepted but I didn’t get my money back

Hi Ana! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your refund request.

This seems to be an ongoing issue and a lot of gamers were also complaining about the same refund problem.

Since your request has been granted by the refund webform team, you will receive a confirmation via email and it will take 3 - 5 business days (excluding weekends) to have the refunded amount reflected on your payment method depending on your bank.

If you haven't received your refund on the 7th day (Excluding weekends), you may contact your bank/payment provider regarding your refund follow-up.

Just in case they refer you to Xbox Support, you may contact them for further escalation through this link:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us/

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  5. ngocphi Win User

I did not get my money back. Refund.

Well two things first if you check https://accounts.microsoft.com and the refund is issued

This is how it works

First ms approves a refund then 72hours later it is issued

However this is key it depends ehat you used

Ms currency is paid direxrly back onto the account instantly

Creditcard or debit depends where you are in the world vs the us

So if you arent in us or canada it can take upto 90days depending on when your bank handles international transactions

Computer time (mainframe) isnt cheap.and thousands of punch cards have to be proccessed at a time they dont carry a single card its a waste of computer time

Less rhen 30 days for north american transactions

Now paypal is completely different

As per thier refund policy it can take 90 days for refunds to be issued to your creditcard and yes that is a paypal policy
  6. EggsBoxJuan Win User

I did not get my money back. Refund.

Check whatever payment method you used to make the original purchase as refunds are applied to that payment method ( Credit/Debit card/Paypal account etc ) If you used your account balance the refund should have been applied to that.

If nothing is showing up then by all means contact support as suggested by denis97g or even maybe reply to the email you received confirming the refund detailing that you haven't received the refund.

It's also worth checking here https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/ to see if the refund shows up.
Thema:

1. I refunded a game but I didn’t get my money back, but it says they did, do I just wait longer - Similar Threads - refunded game didn’t

2. I recently refunded a game and it says I cant play it but when I go to my revolute account...

in XBoX on Windows
    I recently refunded a game and it says I cant play it but when I go to my revolute account...: Here is the Revolut message 6dd93ab6-f3ba-42c2-92eb-468690d1d368
  3. I need help refunding a game

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help refunding a game: I’m trying to refund an Xbox game I bought and it declined my refund saying I reached my refund limit and This is the first game I’m refunding and I don’t understand why it says I reached my...
  4. Bought a game for a friend and it can't be redeemed or refunded

in XBoX on Windows
    Bought a game for a friend and it can't be redeemed or refunded: Bought a game for a friend and it can't be redeemed. It said because it's from another region which is weird because we're in the same city. We checked every possible accounts regions which was...
  5. What do I do if a game was refunded and I didnt know

in XBoX on Windows
    What do I do if a game was refunded and I didnt know: I was playing GTA V Online then it said I don’t own it so when i want to go see what happened it says that the game was refunded. I got my money back but since it was at discount at the time i...
  6. Cancel PC Game Pass - not offered refund option

in XBoX on Windows
    Cancel PC Game Pass - not offered refund option: My latest PC Game Pass renewal email said 'You will receive a refund of your most recent recurring billing charge if you cancel your subscription and request a refund within 30 days after being...
  7. How do I get a refund for the game pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get a refund for the game pass: I don’t remember buying the game pass and I have been charged for it today and I would like a refund 430c4316-5f5b-4640-823e-5f573045ef5b
  8. Let me refund my game that I don’t want

in XBoX Accessibility
    Let me refund my game that I don’t want: Let me refund and give me my money back you can’t just denied my request that is illegal and just let me refund whatever I want and you can’t denied bcf72c62-06f3-454a-883c-017b2e3d1357
  9. How do i get a refund on in game purchases because the purchase on content didn’t pop up...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i get a refund on in game purchases because the purchase on content didn’t pop up...: I tried to purchase 20 dollars of in game content one time and it bought it twice and a 5 dollar one and i want a refund for all of it because none of it even popped up but it still charged me...
  10. Would I be abusing the Microsoft refund system if I bought a game, played it, didn’t like...

in XBoX on Windows
    Would I be abusing the Microsoft refund system if I bought a game, played it, didn’t like...: For some time now, I’ve been experimenting with games, finding them to be unpleasant or just not working, and refunding them, but I am now wondering if this is abusing Microsoft’s refund system....