I recently bought an XONE S but due to the upcoming next gen i am worried. Should i return my ...

Discus and support I recently bought an XONE S but due to the upcoming next gen i am worried. Should i return my ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Title says most of it. I recently got the Xbox One S (Before MS' E3 presentation) and after E3 i realised that Project Scarlett will come out in around... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ErikCT3, Jun 18, 2018.

1. ErikCT3
    ErikCT3 Guest

I recently bought an XONE S but due to the upcoming next gen i am worried. Should i return my ...

Title says most of it. I recently got the Xbox One S (Before MS' E3 presentation) and after E3 i realised that Project Scarlett will come out in around 2020, i am mad and worried about my purchase. I feel like i wasted 245 euro on nothing, especially considering
    that PS fanboys keep boasting about how the PS4 has had many great exclusives. Should i return my Xbox One S or is it worth keeping? Thanks for reading.

:)

ErikCT3, Jun 18, 2018
  2. Resolution Does Matter. Don't Kid Yourself It Doesn't.

Next gen should be able to do 1080p.

I'm worried that the One can't seem to achieve this like the PS4 can. I am am XBox fangirl but it's getting hard for me to stay cheery. I fear the Xone is underpowered and the gap between it and the PS4 will grow even larger I recently bought an XONE S but due to the upcoming next gen i am worried. Should i return my ... :(

Pinbot Fembot 1, Jun 18, 2018
  3. Battlefield 4 - Xbox One

Hy, i bought an xbox 360 2 years ago and 2 months ago a xbox one. 2 years ago, I also bought "battlefield 4" game, and now i wanted to play it on next gen ( one ), since Dice, Ea and Microsft said that you could play xbox 360's games on next gen for FREE.
    But when i try to play it on next gen i got some issues, so I need your help please

EarthMercury105, Jun 18, 2018
  4. Shaggy2000
    Shaggy2000 Guest

That's up to you, whatever console you buy now will only be superseded in 2020.

From what people have been speculating though I wouldn't worry too much about it, Microsoft knows that at the launch of a new console backwards compatibility is a major feature and as long as they stick with AMD (and it looks like they are) there is no reason
    why when you get the next Xbox (lets called it Xbox 2) you wont be able to just put your current games into it and carry on playing.

So its up to you really, do you want to return your Xbox One S and lose some money and buy a PS4, or do you want to keep your Xbox One S and play the games that we have.

Your choice, but I know what I would do.

Something else to consider, the Xbox One was released in 2013, only now have you upgraded to the Xbox On S. What makes you think that when the Xbox 2 gets released you'll buy it straight away?

Shaggy2000, Jun 19, 2018
  5. J.R.G.
    J.R.G. Guest
    You bought the S instead of the X, so having the newest technology doesn't seem to be high on the priority list. Enjoy what you have now, there is always something "better" on the horizon; "Project Scarlett" isn't the end game.

J.R.G., Jun 19, 2018
  6. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    This. If you constantly worry about what's coming out next, you'll never upgrade and not be able to enjoy what's already available.

Smwutches, Jun 19, 2018
  7. The obvious answer is to keep your Xbox One S. There is already a huge selection of games available and you've got two years worth of games coming out before the new console is even released.

I wouldn't bank on backwards compatibility at launch though. I suspect that they'll want to get the games for the new console working as best they can first given the 900p fuss of this generation's launch, and the backwards compatibility will come out at a
    later date, maybe six months down the line.

Oh and a point about hardware, just because the hardware comes from the same company doesn't mean that it will be compatible with games. After all Mass Effect on the PC famously developed the black pixel glitch on AMD processors when they ditched the 3DNow
    instruction set. Sure there are often software workaround but they can impact performance and possibly introduce issues of their own.

Zen Like Calm, Nov 3, 2018
  8. Zen Like Calm Win User

I recently bought an XONE S but due to the upcoming next gen i am worried. Should i return my One S?

The obvious answer is to keep your Xbox One S. There is already a huge selection of games available and you've got two years worth of games coming out before the new console is even released.

I wouldn't bank on backwards compatibility at launch though. I suspect that they'll want to get the games for the new console working as best they can first given the 900p fuss of this generation's launch, and the backwards compatibility will come out at a
    later date, maybe six months down the line.

Oh and a point about hardware, just because the hardware comes from the same company doesn't mean that it will be compatible with games. After all Mass Effect on the PC famously developed the black pixel glitch on AMD processors when they ditched the 3DNow
    instruction set. Sure there are often software workaround but they can impact performance and possibly introduce issues of their own.
  9. Shaggy2000 Win User

I recently bought an XONE S but due to the upcoming next gen i am worried. Should i return my One S?

That's up to you, whatever console you buy now will only be superseded in 2020.

From what people have been speculating though I wouldn't worry too much about it, Microsoft knows that at the launch of a new console backwards compatibility is a major feature and as long as they stick with AMD (and it looks like they are) there is no reason
    why when you get the next Xbox (lets called it Xbox 2) you wont be able to just put your current games into it and carry on playing.

So its up to you really, do you want to return your Xbox One S and lose some money and buy a PS4, or do you want to keep your Xbox One S and play the games that we have.

Your choice, but I know what I would do.

Something else to consider, the Xbox One was released in 2013, only now have you upgraded to the Xbox On S. What makes you think that when the Xbox 2 gets released you'll buy it straight away?
  10. J.R.G. Win User

You bought the S instead of the X, so having the newest technology doesn't seem to be high on the priority list. Enjoy what you have now, there is always something "better" on the horizon; "Project Scarlett" isn't the end game.
  11. Smwutches Win User

Enjoy what you have now, there is always something "better" on the horizon;
    This. If you constantly worry about what's coming out next, you'll never upgrade and not be able to enjoy what's already available.
  12. Pinbot Fembot 1 Win User

Resolution Does Matter. Don't Kid Yourself It Doesn't.

Next gen should be able to do 1080p.

I'm worried that the One can't seem to achieve this like the PS4 can. I am am XBox fangirl but it's getting hard for me to stay cheery. I fear the Xone is underpowered and the gap between it and the PS4 will grow even larger :(
Thema:

1. I recently bought an XONE S but due to the upcoming next gen i am worried. Should i return my ... - Similar Threads - recently bought XONE

2. Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor: Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor but when i go in my Xbox settings and i aply the 120 refrech rate i have an black screen for second and return to 60refrech rate...
  3. I recently bought Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 and I have no idea where...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I recently bought Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 and I have no idea where...: I read about WindowsApp but it's full of complicated named files and no game file. Why is this even a thing? ba22ca33-1a93-465d-919f-e70856918031
  4. I recently requested a refund and it got approved but what i bought was off of a xbox gift...

in XBoX on Windows
    I recently requested a refund and it got approved but what i bought was off of a xbox gift...: I recently requested a refund and it got approved but what i bought was off of a xbox gift card will it be credited to my microsoft acc a6751400-b184-412e-8653-1efedb53ebad
  5. I recently bought Skyrim Anniversary Edition online but a lot of the Creation Club content...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I recently bought Skyrim Anniversary Edition online but a lot of the Creation Club content...: I can see the backpacks and fishing but Goldenhills Plantation and Bloodchill Manor are nowhere to be found on the map. On the menu it states that all Creation Club content is installed. I have...
  6. I recently bought gta 5 online for x/s and it says it’s not compatible for my Xbox series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I recently bought gta 5 online for x/s and it says it’s not compatible for my Xbox series S: I recently bought gta 5 online for x/s and it says it’s not compatible for my Xbox series S f6ba6680-a7e3-4754-8c97-7a67b932a17a
  7. I recently bought Minecraft but the Java version only works on Windows 7/8.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I recently bought Minecraft but the Java version only works on Windows 7/8.: I have downloaded both minecraft launchers, but each launcher seems to be with a different account. Both accounts link back to the same Microsoft account. I was wondering if there is a way to link...
  8. I recently bought Modern warfare 2 blackcell bundle and it is not reflecting in game asking...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I recently bought Modern warfare 2 blackcell bundle and it is not reflecting in game asking...: [img] Hello I recently purchased the blackcell bundle with season 6 battle pass and I received a skin and the points but never received anything else, and it tells me I need to purchase blackcell...
  9. Cannot download my recently bought PC games nor can I see it in my libary

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot download my recently bought PC games nor can I see it in my libary: I just bought Halo Chief Edition and Halo 5 on X Cloud Gaming. But, it doesn't allow me to download it and doesnt appear in my Xbox Installer App Libary. 2e3e6f35-a0b6-4551-9091-533ebbea590f
  10. I just recently bought a game for a couple friends of mine, Ghost Recon: Breakpoint Deluxe...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just recently bought a game for a couple friends of mine, Ghost Recon: Breakpoint Deluxe...: It was telling the friend of mine whose code didn't work that the code was damaged repeatedly. And we don't know why that is. 53279453-dd42-4c77-bc7b-4a7ebe0ba896