i recently bought an external storage expansion for my xbox series s but it keeps crashing.

Discus and support i recently bought an external storage expansion for my xbox series s but it keeps crashing. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; around a month ago i had just gotten a new xbox series s but noticed it lacked storage. so i found a external storage expansion and when it arrived it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jake Erne, Aug 5, 2023.

1. Jake Erne
    Jake Erne Guest

i recently bought an external storage expansion for my xbox series s but it keeps crashing.

around a month ago i had just gotten a new xbox series s but noticed it lacked storage. so i found a external storage expansion and when it arrived it work perfectly fine up until around 2 weeks ago. i was playing some games i had downloaded on it when they crashed and when i tried to get back into it it said “you don’t have this installed” so i tried reinstalling it but i kept canceling. then i restarted my xbox and it worked for around a week then happened again. now it happens just everyday and i have no idea how to stop it.

:)

Jake Erne, Aug 5, 2023
  2. Rishabh0067 Win User

Hi
    My name is Rishabh an Independent Adviser, I hope you are doing great out there.

Experiencing crashes after connecting an external storage expansion to your Xbox Series S can be frustrating. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue:

1. Compatibility Check:
    Make sure the external storage expansion you purchased is compatible with the Xbox Series S. The storage should meet the Xbox's requirements for USB 3.0 or later and the minimum storage capacity.

2. Reconnect and Power Cycle:
    Try disconnecting the external storage expansion, turning off your Xbox Series S, then reconnecting the storage, and turning on the console again. This simple step might help establish a stable connection.

3. Update Firmware:
    Check if the external storage expansion has any available firmware updates. Manufacturers sometimes release updates to improve stability and compatibility.

4. Test on Another USB Port:
    If you have multiple USB ports on your Xbox Series S, try connecting the external storage to a different port. This can help determine if the issue is related to a specific port.

5. Check for Drive Errors:
    Connect the external storage to a computer and run a disk check to identify and fix any potential errors on the drive.

6. Format the Drive:
    If possible, format the external storage using the Xbox Series S itself. Make sure to back up any important data before formatting.

7. Test Without External Storage:
    Disconnect the external storage and see if your Xbox Series S functions normally without it. This can help determine if the storage is causing the crashes.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks and regards
    Rishabh Sohal
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Hello, my question is what's all the ssd expansion card I can use for xbox series x. Thanks

4. Verified ✅9 Win User

What do I do if my Xbox won’t let me have no more then 4. Games and I have a external storage but it keeps making me move all my games

series s and x games can only run from the internal storage or official (rip off) expansion card. only xbox one and 360 bc games can run off the external hdd.
    So I cannot download GTA Xbox series s/x edition on my external hardware?
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Why can I not install game pass games on the USB external hard drive?

6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series S

Hi,

Yes you can use it. You can use any external storage that the Xbox One supported on the Series X and S. However, external storage can only be used to play Xbox One games and BC Xbox 360 and original Xbox games.

Series X and S titles need to be run either from the internal SSD or the optional expansion card.
Thema:

1. i recently bought an external storage expansion for my xbox series s but it keeps crashing. - Similar Threads - recently bought external

2. Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor: Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor but when i go in my Xbox settings and i aply the 120 refrech rate i have an black screen for second and return to 60refrech rate...
  3. I recently bought Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 and I have no idea where...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I recently bought Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 and I have no idea where...: I read about WindowsApp but it's full of complicated named files and no game file. Why is this even a thing? ba22ca33-1a93-465d-919f-e70856918031
  4. I recently requested a refund and it got approved but what i bought was off of a xbox gift...

in XBoX on Windows
    I recently requested a refund and it got approved but what i bought was off of a xbox gift...: I recently requested a refund and it got approved but what i bought was off of a xbox gift card will it be credited to my microsoft acc a6751400-b184-412e-8653-1efedb53ebad
  5. I recently bought Skyrim Anniversary Edition online but a lot of the Creation Club content...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I recently bought Skyrim Anniversary Edition online but a lot of the Creation Club content...: I can see the backpacks and fishing but Goldenhills Plantation and Bloodchill Manor are nowhere to be found on the map. On the menu it states that all Creation Club content is installed. I have...
  6. I recently bought gta 5 online for x/s and it says it’s not compatible for my Xbox series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I recently bought gta 5 online for x/s and it says it’s not compatible for my Xbox series S: I recently bought gta 5 online for x/s and it says it’s not compatible for my Xbox series S f6ba6680-a7e3-4754-8c97-7a67b932a17a
  7. I recently bought Minecraft but the Java version only works on Windows 7/8.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I recently bought Minecraft but the Java version only works on Windows 7/8.: I have downloaded both minecraft launchers, but each launcher seems to be with a different account. Both accounts link back to the same Microsoft account. I was wondering if there is a way to link...
  8. I recently bought Modern warfare 2 blackcell bundle and it is not reflecting in game asking...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I recently bought Modern warfare 2 blackcell bundle and it is not reflecting in game asking...: [img] Hello I recently purchased the blackcell bundle with season 6 battle pass and I received a skin and the points but never received anything else, and it tells me I need to purchase blackcell...
  9. Cannot download my recently bought PC games nor can I see it in my libary

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot download my recently bought PC games nor can I see it in my libary: I just bought Halo Chief Edition and Halo 5 on X Cloud Gaming. But, it doesn't allow me to download it and doesnt appear in my Xbox Installer App Libary. 2e3e6f35-a0b6-4551-9091-533ebbea590f
  10. I just recently bought a game for a couple friends of mine, Ghost Recon: Breakpoint Deluxe...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just recently bought a game for a couple friends of mine, Ghost Recon: Breakpoint Deluxe...: It was telling the friend of mine whose code didn't work that the code was damaged repeatedly. And we don't know why that is. 53279453-dd42-4c77-bc7b-4a7ebe0ba896