I put a dvd in my series x and controller wont work with blu ray disk player

Discus and support I put a dvd in my series x and controller wont work with blu ray disk player in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; updated everything my series x is up to date i launch blu ray disc player and on dvd menu i cant scroll to anything like for instance an 90s dvd you... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by james kane1, Dec 15, 2023.

1. james kane1
    james kane1 Guest

updated everything my series x is up to date i launch blu ray disc player and on dvd menu i cant scroll to anything like for instance an 90s dvd you have dvd menu scenes features etc or most important play movie any button i hit gives a big red circle with line through it now i cant watch dvds it used to work now it doesn't

:)

james kane1, Dec 15, 2023
  2. Hughes 12 Win User

Blu Ray Player

Yea i have that all installed and everything, i put in Dead Rising and that worked right away, then i put in CoD and it says it couldn't read disk so i cleaned it and it work right away, but it still won't read blu ray movies. It will read DVD movies but
    every time i put in a blu ray movie it says it can't read it and to put in an Xbox one disk, blu ray disk, or DVD disk.
  3. cn boda Win User

4. Hoskayra Win User

Hello, James my name is Oskayra I am an independent advisor and player like you I hope I can help solve your problem today

I understand your frustration with your Xbox Series X's Blu-ray player not working with DVDs. It's definitely a bummer when you can't enjoy your movies! Let's explore some potential causes and solutions:

Possible Causes:

Software Glitch: A temporary glitch in the Blu-ray app or system software might be causing the controller malfunction.
    Controller Pairing Issue: Your controller might not be properly paired with the console.

DVD Compatibility Issue: Some DVDs, especially older ones, might not be compatible with the Xbox Series X's Blu-ray Player.

Disc Damage: Scratches or damage on the DVD itself could be preventing it from reading properly.

Troubleshooting Steps:

Restart your Xbox Series X: This can often resolve temporary glitches. Hold the power button for 10 seconds until it shuts down completely. Wait for 30 seconds and then turn it back on.

Re-pair your controller: Turn off your controller and then press and hold the Xbox button for 10 seconds. Turn on your console and press the Xbox button on your controller again.

Uninstall and reinstall the Blu-ray app: Go to My games & apps > Blu-ray & DVD Player > Manage game > Uninstall. Then, reinstall the app from the Microsoft Store.

Try a different DVD: If you have another DVD, try playing it to see if the issue is specific to the first disc.

Clean the DVD: Gently wipe the DVD with a microfiber cloth to remove any dust or fingerprints.

Check for system updates: Ensure your Xbox Series X is fully updated to the latest system software version.

Additional Tips:

Make sure the disc is inserted correctly in the console.
    Try playing the DVD from the disc menu instead of launching it from the My games & apps section.
    Check if the Xbox Series X DVD region matches the region of your DVD.

Note: Some of the information, which were gained from this answer, were received in a thread on the Microsoft forum by Microsoft agent Moderator Lavenia A. , and it seemed a good idea, to share this information with you. Source of information (credits) :

https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/0bcf41f3-8dbb-4752-b096-84c562a1c565

Through the following links that I will provide you can see more detailed information regarding the solutions I gave you in case you want to be sure that my information is correct, keep in mind that I specified the information to help you in a more personalized way to your problem.

https://www.gamerevolution.com/guid...x-dvd-and-blu-ray-not-working-4k-black-screen

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

I hope the information I gave you has been useful, have a happy day.
  5. james kane1 Win User

It actually seem to be the disc im trying to play if i put another dvd in it works fine which is strange iv tried several discs and they all work apart from this one and if i put that disc in my pc it works fine but it used to work on my xbox one x before i got my series x its not the disc as it works on my pc and actual old dvd player
  6. JWSpeed Win User

Who here still has a HD-DVD player?

The Blu-ray disk uses the same technology as the CD/DVD
    disk
    , the difference is the paths used to store all the 1 & 0 is narrower on a BR disk. So in being better all it does is store more information. The differences are in the drive and player, if you installed a DVD drive in a blu-ray player it would
    put out the same picture but be limited in length because of the amount of storage available on the DVD disk. So really this disk technology is really old and out dated, time for something new!

I also own a HD-DVD player for playing DVD movies so I could save wear and tear on my 360 drive. IMO, my 360 DVD play back looks just as good as my PS3 and Samsung Blu-ray player.

The main reason HD-DVD lost was because it didn't have the backing like Blu-ray, money helped the movie companies make up there mind which way to go.
Thema:

1. I put a dvd in my series x and controller wont work with blu ray disk player - Similar Threads - put dvd series

2. I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...: I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso Because I spilled water on it and I forgot to put the service request number on the outside of the box, it’s a little pinkish box and ups says it...
  3. there’s no way to put the password in because no keyboard will show up to pick the letters...

in XBoX on Consoles
    there’s no way to put the password in because no keyboard will show up to pick the letters...: I’m sorry if this is repeat itself but I just finally got my son and Xbox one SO digital edition and I’m trying to tell her set it up and it won’t let me connect to the network because it won’t...
  4. Would anyone know to resolve this issue of me having issues putting my payment info on my...

in XBoX on Windows
    Would anyone know to resolve this issue of me having issues putting my payment info on my...: When I put in the info and try to continue it give my status code: 8c250005 and I’m not sure how to fix this I wanna try and buy some things before the store shuts down and I would greatly...
  5. whenever I put my "default communications output" to any of my headphones the sound turns...

in XBoX on Consoles
    whenever I put my "default communications output" to any of my headphones the sound turns...: I mean ANY headphone wired or wireless... 9ce98c79-f058-4b23-87f3-60829fdbc7b5
  6. After removing my Xbox insides to clean it out I’ve forgotten to put back 2 out of 8 screws...

in XBoX on Consoles
    After removing my Xbox insides to clean it out I’ve forgotten to put back 2 out of 8 screws...: cleaning out my Xbox and I forgot to screw back in 2 nails. I should be fine with just 6 holding it in place right? 821dfc9d-ef83-4f2c-b71e-f12bd13f4a36
  7. How I can put on UPnP ?

in XBoX on Windows
    How I can put on UPnP ?: I was on a ticket and the guy says to check the router and disable nat and put again on, but in the router site I can't do that, what I should to do? e6a0ed20-cf30-4e37-8981-11ade85b5d4d
  8. When I put in a Xbox 360 disc my Xbox Series X disc drive beeps

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I put in a Xbox 360 disc my Xbox Series X disc drive beeps: When I put in the [slightly damaged] disc, it's spins, does stage normal sounds that I hear and then it's a quiet beeeeep then it goes back to the sounds and it repeats, any ideas why?...
  9. Can I put a warranty on my Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I put a warranty on my Xbox One S: I have the start of air and I really trying to get a repaired can I put a warranty on my Xbox One S if not what do I have to do 629a9539-4eaa-4527-883f-3258df76eede
  10. had my console banned after i was put into danger after xbox did nothing about it

in XBoX on Consoles
    had my console banned after i was put into danger after xbox did nothing about it: can someone help me get my console ban overturned because my family was put into danger by a hacker who watches me on youtube and twitch and the hacker console banned me...