i put $15 in my childs account, now the microsoft store wont let him buy the pc game pass....

Discus and support i put $15 in my childs account, now the microsoft store wont let him buy the pc game pass.... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; when my child tries to purchase the pc game pass it keep saying that parental approval is needed, but that they have no way to contact me and there are... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by frankruben1, Jul 30, 2023.

1. frankruben1
    frankruben1 Guest

i put $15 in my childs account, now the microsoft store wont let him buy the pc game pass....

when my child tries to purchase the pc game pass it keep saying that parental approval is needed, but that they have no way to contact me and there are other ways like asking for it. the whole purpose of the childs account is that they can make purchases on their own as i already aproved the amount that i put in their account. i cant find a way to use the $15 in my childs account, not through my account or my childs. basicly i got ripped of as there is no refunds either. this is purely false advertising. on the website it clearly states that this way the child can make their own purchases but it will not let them. i hope you can find a solution for this promptly

:)

frankruben1, Jul 30, 2023
  2. Belle B Win User

i put $15 in my childs account, now the microsoft store wont let him buy the pc game pass. what do i do?

It's always a pleasure! Glad it worked for you.

Take care!
  3. frankruben1 Win User

i put $15 in my childs account, now the microsoft store wont let him buy the pc game pass. what do i do?

thank you so much, that actually worked. I have seen that a lot of people had the same issue, but no solution that worked. I appreciate you took the time to solve this problem.
  4. Belle B Win User

Hi frankruben1

Sorry to hear about that and I definitely understand how you feel about this. However, since we're on the forums, you might need to reach out to the support in order for them to check your accounts. Though you have a lot of options you could try.

You can try buying a redeemable Xbox game pass for PC code from any eligible retailer near you, https://www.xbox.com/where-to-buy so your child can redeem it on his/her account and your child can use the gift card for any game/add-on he might want to get in the future.

Or, you can do what I did with my child's account by turning off the approval first. Sign in to your Family Safety settings here: https://account.microsoft.com/family/home > Click the 3 dots above next to your child's name > Click Go to Overview > On the left panel, click Spending > You will see "Require approval for every purchase" under credit cards and turn it off.

Once done, switch to your child's account and purchase the subscription here: https://www.xbox.com/xbox-game-pass/pc-game-pass to join. Additionally, you may need to add a valid payment method since this is a subscription that would recur.

Then, go back to your Family Safety settings again and turn on the "Require approval for every purchase" again to prevent unauthorized purchases in the future and switch over to your child's profile and turn off the recurring billing by signing in at account.microsoft.com/services, and remove the payment method you've just added if you did by signing in again at https://account.microsoft.com/billing/payments while you're still signed in using your child's account.

You can also purchase the subscription on your account and share it with your child if you prefer, once you purchased the subscription, sign in on the Xbox app using your child's account > On the Xbox app, click the gamertag above > Go to Settings > Account > You will see "View Order History, Request a refund, Change my Microsoft store account" > Click on "Change my Microsoft store account". The Microsoft store app will show up, and sign in using your own account, ensure you set up a pin for purchases to help prevent any authorized purchases as well. By going to your Microsoft store app > Click your profile picture above > Click Settings > "Purchase sign-in" and turn it on.

For your reference, you can check it here:

Sharing subscription on PC: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...

Setting up a pin on your Microsoft store app: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

How to approve child's purchases: https://support.xbox.com/help/family-online-saf...

Purchase settings for child: https://support.xbox.com/help/subscriptions-bil...
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

Microsoft balance can not be used to pay for subscriptions, that's the root of your problems.
  6. S20Boominator Win User

My child spent some MS Points...

When you buy content , it says at the bottom "no refunds" so you wont get the points back. a way to prevent this in the future is to put a passcode on your account what you will remember and your child wont know or you could create a account for him/her.
Thema:

1. i put $15 in my childs account, now the microsoft store wont let him buy the pc game pass.... - Similar Threads - put $15 childs

2. I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...: I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso Because I spilled water on it and I forgot to put the service request number on the outside of the box, it’s a little pinkish box and ups says it...
  3. there’s no way to put the password in because no keyboard will show up to pick the letters...

in XBoX on Consoles
    there’s no way to put the password in because no keyboard will show up to pick the letters...: I’m sorry if this is repeat itself but I just finally got my son and Xbox one SO digital edition and I’m trying to tell her set it up and it won’t let me connect to the network because it won’t...
  4. Would anyone know to resolve this issue of me having issues putting my payment info on my...

in XBoX on Windows
    Would anyone know to resolve this issue of me having issues putting my payment info on my...: When I put in the info and try to continue it give my status code: 8c250005 and I’m not sure how to fix this I wanna try and buy some things before the store shuts down and I would greatly...
  5. whenever I put my "default communications output" to any of my headphones the sound turns...

in XBoX on Consoles
    whenever I put my "default communications output" to any of my headphones the sound turns...: I mean ANY headphone wired or wireless... 9ce98c79-f058-4b23-87f3-60829fdbc7b5
  6. After removing my Xbox insides to clean it out I’ve forgotten to put back 2 out of 8 screws...

in XBoX on Consoles
    After removing my Xbox insides to clean it out I’ve forgotten to put back 2 out of 8 screws...: cleaning out my Xbox and I forgot to screw back in 2 nails. I should be fine with just 6 holding it in place right? 821dfc9d-ef83-4f2c-b71e-f12bd13f4a36
  7. How I can put on UPnP ?

in XBoX on Windows
    How I can put on UPnP ?: I was on a ticket and the guy says to check the router and disable nat and put again on, but in the router site I can't do that, what I should to do? e6a0ed20-cf30-4e37-8981-11ade85b5d4d
  8. When I put in a Xbox 360 disc my Xbox Series X disc drive beeps

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I put in a Xbox 360 disc my Xbox Series X disc drive beeps: When I put in the [slightly damaged] disc, it's spins, does stage normal sounds that I hear and then it's a quiet beeeeep then it goes back to the sounds and it repeats, any ideas why?...
  9. Can I put a warranty on my Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I put a warranty on my Xbox One S: I have the start of air and I really trying to get a repaired can I put a warranty on my Xbox One S if not what do I have to do 629a9539-4eaa-4527-883f-3258df76eede
  10. Just bought a $15 gift card and it say its already redeemed when i put the code in

in XBoX Accessibility
    Just bought a $15 gift card and it say its already redeemed when i put the code in: How doi redeem my gift card that My mother just bought for me & my brother a piece and when we put the code off the receipt in the game system it says already redeemed but we just got it please...