I purchased Xbox Live Gold, but can’t play online

Discus and support I purchased Xbox Live Gold, but can’t play online in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently purchased a yearly Xbox Live Gold subscription on my Xbox One. It’s been two days since my purchase, and I can’t play online multiplayer... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by thunderking50, Apr 29, 2018.

1. I purchased Xbox Live Gold, but can’t play online

I recently purchased a yearly Xbox Live Gold subscription on my Xbox One. It’s been two days since my purchase, and I can’t play online multiplayer games. Whenever I try to join an online game, a message appears on the screen saying ‘This account cannot
    play online. To change this, edit your privacy and online safety settings.” I’ve repeatedly changed these settings so that I can play online. I’ve also tried signing in and out of my account, restarting my Xbox, and rebooting my WiFi. I’ve tried everything,
    but I am still unable to play online. Does anyone know how to fix this?

:)

thunderking50, Apr 29, 2018
  2. Xbox live gold isn’t working

Something is wrong with my Xbox Live Gold. I can download Xbox live gold free games but I can’t play online with other players. I tried restarting my Xbox but that doesn’t work what do I do?

assasinater1423, Apr 29, 2018
  3. DeloBihh
    DeloBihh Guest
    xbox 360

Uhmm i just bought an xbox live gold membership on my xbox 360 and I still can’t play online.

DeloBihh, Apr 29, 2018
  4. WPAK
    WPAK Guest

Hi there,

please double check http://account.microsoft.com/services to see if the subscription is showing there.

If the subscription shows, try the following steps

1. Remove profile from the console (Make sure you know the account credentials for the account, since you will need them later)
    2. Perform the manual power cycle steps like mentioned on the following link, be sure to wait at least 60 seconds before powering on again:
      Restart or Power Cycle Xbox One Console
    3. Redownload your profile

If these steps fail, then its best to contact Xbox Support (via Phone or Microsoft Support Chat) at
    Contact Us | Xbox Support

Let us know the results

5. ANFenix2005 Win User

Não consigo jogar Online

I purchase a Xbox live gold subscription for 12 Months :(

And i played online with it(I think on the begginig of March),but some days later i can’t play online again!

It appears to me i can pick up the games and play the Xbox one games FROM gold,but i don’t can play online :(
  6. DeloBihh Win User

xbox 360

Uhmm i just bought an xbox live gold membership on my xbox 360 and I still can’t play online.
  7. AveryKuo Win User

Gamesharing subscription but cant play online

Yes the home xbox was set and no specific error message. Just can’t play online games that require xbox live gold
  8. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

please double check http://account.microsoft.com/services to see if the subscription is showing there.

If the subscription shows, try the following steps

1. Remove profile from the console (Make sure you know the account credentials for the account, since you will need them later)
    2. Perform the manual power cycle steps like mentioned on the following link, be sure to wait at least 60 seconds before powering on again:
      http://support.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-one/console/power-cycle-console
    3. Redownload your profile

If these steps fail, then its best to contact Xbox Support (via Phone or Microsoft Support Chat) at
    http://support.xbox.com/contact-us

Let us know the results
  9. Paul Scism Jr Win User

COD Vanguard won’t allow my profile to play multiplayer

It is just my sons and I. We are all on the Microsoft family together. We have never had a gold membership. My living room Xbox still allows all 3 of us to play online games (Fortnite, vanguard, halo, etc.). My basement Xbox won’t allow us to play anything online without purchasing a game pass or gold membership. Once we decline to buy it says our profile can’t play online
Thema:

1. I purchased Xbox Live Gold, but can’t play online - Similar Threads - purchased Live Gold

2. I cannot connect to xbox live after purchasing card from Best Buy and entering it in my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot connect to xbox live after purchasing card from Best Buy and entering it in my...: I cannot connect to xbox live after purchasing a 12 month card at Best Buy I sent all card information to my email address. Please help. I spent over an hour yesterday with a representative and...
  3. Xbox live and in game purchase share

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live and in game purchase share: I pay for xbox live and have bought in-game items but my son doesn't have them on his Xbox. I am signed in on his Xbox. Please help. b319df8c-13fb-42b8-abdf-ca79a3f26537
  4. Hey, I've purchased xbox gamepass live, but I am not able to play Call of Duty online with...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hey, I've purchased xbox gamepass live, but I am not able to play Call of Duty online with...: Hey, I've purchased xbox gamepass live, but I am not able to play Call of Duty online with it. Although on xbox page it says I should be able to play but I cannot. Can anybody please help me out...
  5. Do I have to purchase Xbox Live to play Microsoft Flight Simulator?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I have to purchase Xbox Live to play Microsoft Flight Simulator?: Would I need to purchase Xbox Live to play Microsoft Flight Simulator on Xbox Series S? 5788a0a9-819b-4eba-826d-901e62ade6db
  6. I purchase an Xbox Live card and the digits in the back is not working

in XBoX on Windows
    I purchase an Xbox Live card and the digits in the back is not working: I purchase an Xbox Live card and the code in the back is not working how can I get a new code cf64668f-5723-4763-b727-ff6025af4806
  7. Purchased a xbox off someone but its blocked for xbox live and passcoded! How do i go about...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Purchased a xbox off someone but its blocked for xbox live and passcoded! How do i go about...: I purchased a xbox off someone, who ensures it was fully wiped. The xbox is not wiped and xbox live is blocked. Its pass-coded and i cant access it to factory reset it. What can i do?...
  8. Purchased COD Black ops can not get into to live I sign in gi e me code 80154002 please...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Purchased COD Black ops can not get into to live I sign in gi e me code 80154002 please...: Purchased COD Black ops can not connect to xbox live I have gamepass ultra it is so frustrating I havd reinstalled the hame 7 tines cleared xbox 360 cache on my series S I tried logging into xbox...
  9. Purchased xbox live gold by mistake and then purchased xbox game pass which my son wanted.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased xbox live gold by mistake and then purchased xbox game pass which my son wanted.: Xbox live gold membership dissapeared. Is there a way to get that licence back - can it be reused at a later time or be refunded? It wasn't used at all. d05871e6-f802-4da7-b281-3d4a587a418a
  10. Having problems purchasing Minecraft Java and Bedrock for a relative who lives abroad in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having problems purchasing Minecraft Java and Bedrock for a relative who lives abroad in...: I'm living in Spain, but have relatives in the Philippines, I'm trying to buy Minecraft Java and Bedrock for my younger cousin in the Philippines, and for that I've gone to:...