i preordered a game but it was declined a few days age and i was still charged the day I...

Discus and support i preordered a game but it was declined a few days age and i was still charged the day I... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So a few months I preordered a game, I bought it and it was all done, money gone from my account. A few days ago I got a notis that the payment was... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NickeP1800, Oct 5, 2023.

1. NickeP1800
    NickeP1800 Guest

i preordered a game but it was declined a few days age and i was still charged the day I...

So a few months I preordered a game, I bought it and it was all done, money gone from my account. A few days ago I got a notis that the payment was denied and now that the game is released I can’t play it and I didn’t get the money back from when I bought it either.

What can I do to either get my money back or get the game?

:)

NickeP1800, Oct 5, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

i preordered a game but it was declined a few days age and i was still charged the day I bought it

I appreciate the response!

In this case, it would best to reach out to Microsoft Xbox Support for further assistance as they have the tools and resources to properly investigate this case. You may contact them using the link below:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us

It is possible that you may need to provide them with a screenshot of your billing statement as proof that you have been charged for the declined pre-order.

I hope this information helps!

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. NickeP1800 Win User

i preordered a game but it was declined a few days age and i was still charged the day I bought it

Hi there! I'm more than happy to help you! Kindly confirm if the purchase is showing on your account by signing on to account.microsoft.com > Payment and Billing > Order History. If the status shows as "charged" under Order History, try to remove, power cycle, and re-add your Xbox account on your console then check if you will be able to install the game. If it still doesn't work, try to request a refund for the game by signing your account and follow the instructions on the Refund web form using the link below: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/subscriptions-billing/buy-games-apps/refund-orders Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else. Best Regards, Darhyl
    When I go to refund the game it won’t even come up as an option to click on. Is there anything else I can do?

Are you absolutely sure you got charged because if you preordered via a credit/debit card or paypal then they dont actually charge you until around 10 days before the game is released.

You might have seen a pending "test" charge for the same amount of the game but thats only to make sure you actually have the money at the time of preorder and would disappear after a couple of business days.

[​IMG]
    I just checked and in my order history it said it saw declined and I’m my back no money from the time I ordered it was gone. Is there any way I can pay for it now or do I have to buy a different version of the game? I have it downloaded but it has that triangle warning sign In the corner
  4. KindGryphon Win User

Hi there! I'm more than happy to help you! Kindly confirm if the purchase is showing on your account by signing on to account.microsoft.com > Payment and Billing > Order History. If the status shows as "charged" under Order History, try to remove, power cycle, and re-add your Xbox account on your console then check if you will be able to install the game. If it still doesn't work, try to request a refund for the game by signing your account and follow the instructions on the Refund web form using the link below: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/subscriptions-billing/buy-games-apps/refund-orders Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else. Best Regards, Darhyl
    When I go to refund the game it won’t even come up as an option to click on. Is there anything else I can do?

Are you absolutely sure you got charged because if you preordered via a credit/debit card or paypal then they dont actually charge you until around 10 days before the game is released.

You might have seen a pending "test" charge for the same amount of the game but thats only to make sure you actually have the money at the time of preorder and would disappear after a couple of business days.
  5. NickeP1800 Win User

6. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi there! I'm more than happy to help you!

Kindly confirm if the purchase is showing on your account by signing on to account.microsoft.com > Payment and Billing > Order History.

If the status shows as "charged" under Order History, try to remove, power cycle, and re-add your Xbox account on your console then check if you will be able to install the game.

If it still doesn't work, try to request a refund for the game by signing your account and follow the instructions on the Refund web form using the link below:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/subscriptions-billing/buy-games-apps/refund-orders

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
Thema:

1. i preordered a game but it was declined a few days age and i was still charged the day I... - Similar Threads - preordered game was

2. I preordered game months before release...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I preordered game months before release...: I preordered game months before release I've been playing game since release an I took Xbox over to my sister's house an said I needed to purchase again an is still saying that.., the transaction...
  3. why isn't my call of duty recognizing i already own mw3 but still saying to preorder the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why isn't my call of duty recognizing i already own mw3 but still saying to preorder the game: why isn't my call of duty recognizing i already own mw3. it is still saying to preorder the game. everything says locked. i bought the vault edition. its also past the release date so when am i...
  4. I preordered MW3, but now it tells me that i need to pre order like if i dident. Game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I preordered MW3, but now it tells me that i need to pre order like if i dident. Game...: I preordered MW3, but now it tells me that i need to pre order like if i dident. Game launches tomorrow! Please help! 1c6ce6a8-ea69-4964-b032-e184aafbb5ba
  5. Refund a preorder game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refund a preorder game: Is it possible to refund a game that is currently early access for people who have preordered? I'd like to refund Forza Motorsport as this game plays horribly and is not something I will continue...
  6. If I preorder a game and gift it after it releases, will the recipient receive the preorder...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I preorder a game and gift it after it releases, will the recipient receive the preorder...: Just like the title says, and I'm only considering the Microsoft store because I want the rewards points from buying the game 201930f7-6997-4f63-aa32-e094d2b0b14c
  7. Trying to purchase/preorder a game with both my Microsoft points and credit card but the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to purchase/preorder a game with both my Microsoft points and credit card but the...: Trying to purchase/preorder a game with both my Microsoft points and credit card but the store doesn't accept Microsoft points. Is there something wrong or do I have to wait until the game...
  8. Hello, My Xbox account have India as the country. Can I buy/preorder games from the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello, My Xbox account have India as the country. Can I buy/preorder games from the...: Hello, My Xbox account have India as the country. Can I buy/preorder games from the Microsoft/Xbox US store and play it on my console? 9532b63e-e156-4b77-8d1c-e14a6806ee25
  9. How do i a preorder a game with my cashapp card or can i use gift cards?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i a preorder a game with my cashapp card or can i use gift cards?: Hey I’m trying to preorder Mortal Kombat 1 ultimate edition however it won’t let me use my cashapp card. I was wondering if I would be able to buy gift cards and preorder the game instead. If not...
  10. how do I preorder a game with my cashapp card or can I use gift cards

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do I preorder a game with my cashapp card or can I use gift cards: Hey I’m trying to preorder Mortal Kombat 1 ultimate edition however it won’t let me use my cashapp card. I was wondering if I would be able to buy gift cards and preorder the game instead. If not...