I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.

Discus and support I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I play on my Xbox Series X and I recently bought the Turtle Beach Recon Chat and while I can hear Xbox parties and fortnite voice channels, I can't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Pyrmd bldr, Apr 11, 2024.

1. Pyrmd bldr
    Pyrmd bldr Guest

I play on my Xbox Series X and I recently bought the Turtle Beach Recon Chat and while I can hear Xbox parties and fortnite voice channels, I can't hear any game audio so I was wondering if there was a way to fix this.

:)

Pyrmd bldr, Apr 11, 2024
  2. Unstable Chimp Win User

Will XBox Series X support external DAC/Amp hardware via USB?

There are multiple articles stating audio compatibility via USB. If optical is necessary, there are various HDMI to optical devices available which you may need to add.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/02/designed-for-xbox-new-look-continuous-compatibility/

"Some gaming headsets that utilize an optical cable may require a firmware update to support game and chat audio over USB on Xbox Series X. Soundbars and headsets that do not receive updates may be connected
    directly to your televisions optical port."

https://wccftech.com/xbox-series-x-audio-usb/

"Xbox Series X to Support Wireless Audio and Voice Chat Over USB, Astro Gaming Confirms"
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

4. PhysEdFuel Win User

Trying to get digital assistant to work but screen shows mic is turned off do I need a headset or is there one built in

Unfortunately, there is no built-in mic on the Xbox Series X and no bluetooth support if you're thinking to go that route.

You will need to attach a headset with a mic to the Xbox Series X controller. The Xbox Series X controller uses a standard 2.5mm audio connection for Xbox Live, you can use any standard headset. (It does not have to be something fancy or expensive.)

I hope this helps. Merry Christmas to all!
  5. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Xbox Series X - no dedicated digital sound output

I'm in a similar situation...

I use astro a50 gen 2 headset for my audio through optical port, without the optical port on the Series X my £299 astro headset is useless, just had order and spend another £299 for the astro a50 gen 4 to work with the Series X,

I would have rather have paid an extra £5-£10 more for the Series X console for it to have an optical port than having to pay out £299 for a new headset

I use a 4K monitor but it has no speakers, so I'm stuck with no audio at all for the Series X until I get my new headset.
  6. KhajiBower34 Win User

Party/game audio mixer greyed out Xbox series x

Hello Bex V, My name is Khaji I am the independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

If the audio mixer settings on your Xbox Series X are greyed out, and you're unable to adjust the game audio volume while using your Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen 2 headset, here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Ensure that your Turtle Beach headset is running the latest firmware version. Visit Turtle Beach's official website and download any available firmware updates specifically designed for your headset model. Follow the provided instructions to update the firmware.

2. Confirm that your Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen 2 headset is fully compatible with the Xbox Series X. While the headset may have worked fine with your previous Xbox One S, it's essential to verify its compatibility with the newer console. Check Turtle Beach's website or contact their support to confirm compatibility.

3. Perform a full power cycle of your Xbox Series X. To do this, hold down the power button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it fully shuts down. Afterward, unplug the power cord from the back of the console, wait for a few minutes, then reconnect the power cord and turn on the Xbox again. This can help clear any temporary software glitches.

4. On your Xbox Series X, go to the Settings menu. Navigate to "General" > "Volume & audio output." Check the audio settings and ensure that the correct audio output device (your Turtle Beach headset) is selected. Make any necessary adjustments to the audio settings, such as enabling or disabling features like Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos.

5. In the Xbox settings, go to "General" > "Volume & audio output" > "Headset audio." From there, select "Reset headset audio options" to reset the audio settings specific to your headset. This can help resolve any conflicting settings that may be causing the issue.

6. If you're using a wireless Xbox controller with your headset, make sure it has the latest firmware version. Connect the controller to your Xbox Series X using a USB cable and follow the on-screen prompts to update the controller's firmware.

7. If possible, test your Xbox Series X with a different headset to see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the problem lies with the headset or the console itself. If the audio mixer settings work fine with another headset, it suggests an issue with your Turtle Beach headset.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
Thema:

1. I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset. - Similar Threads - play Series game

2. Why is my Xbox Series X game called HAUNTED HOUSE saying to play Haunted House you'll need...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X game called HAUNTED HOUSE saying to play Haunted House you'll need...: Why is my Xbox Series X game called HAUNTED HOUSE saying to play Haunted House you'll need to transfer it to a storage expansion card or the consoles internal storage ....
  3. Can you play games off an external HDD on Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you play games off an external HDD on Series X?: When I first got my XSX I tried playing games off my external seagate 2tb and after a period of time it would give me error (0x87e1001f), I just got a 5tb WD Black and my friend said he plays his...
  4. What games can xbox one original and series x not play together?

in XboX Insiders
    What games can xbox one original and series x not play together?: What games can xbox series x and xbox one original not play together? submitted by /u/TheHeffmeister [link] [comments]
  5. Series s can't play any games online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series s can't play any games online: I've had an issue like this before. It was because some old privacy settings on my old account. I'm on a new account now. I've tried reseting my console both keeping games and a full reset. I've...
  6. Is it possible to play Xbox 360 games on the Xbox series x if the series has a Xbox 360...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to play Xbox 360 games on the Xbox series x if the series has a Xbox 360...: I'm really curious if I can replace the Xbox series x hard drive with the Xbox 360 hard drive to play Xbox 360 games 6f9f477b-cc97-4697-af8b-5c4827b1134a
  7. i just bought a series s today, have downloaded one game and now everytime i try and play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i just bought a series s today, have downloaded one game and now everytime i try and play...: i just bought a series s today, have downloaded one game and now everytime i try and play said game, i get a message saying that my xbox is overheating and it turns off. this is ridiculous...
  8. Xbox series x internet problem when playing game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x internet problem when playing game: My xbox series x console gets very slow connection or disconnects from internet when playing game. It happens only on wifi connection, it works well with wired connection. On the idle screen, or...
  9. I'm trying to play backwards compatible games on my xbox series S, but it keeps saying...

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm trying to play backwards compatible games on my xbox series S, but it keeps saying...: I'm trying to play backwards compatible games on my xbox series S, but it keeps saying theirs either a "sign-in issue" or "Can't connect to internet" it wasn't doing this a few month ago. any...
  10. Games won’t play external SSD Xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    Games won’t play external SSD Xbox series s: I am trying to play games on my external SSD however they won’t run I know Xbox series x/s spec games don’t work and have to be run off the internal but the games I’m trying to play are older...