I paid for my Gamertag change and it still hasn't changed

Discus and support I paid for my Gamertag change and it still hasn't changed in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been waiting for more than 24 hours for my Gamertag to be changed in the games and still nothing, I need urgent help, I don't want to lose my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by mellow_x541, Oct 16, 2023.

1. mellow_x541
    mellow_x541 Guest

I have been waiting for more than 24 hours for my Gamertag to be changed in the games and still nothing, I need urgent help, I don't want to lose my money.

If anyone knows anything please tell me, what can I do, I'm pretty desperate.

:)

mellow_x541, Oct 16, 2023
  2. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

It is always a pleasure to help, and I am very happy that the problem has now been solved.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  3. mellow_x541 Win User

You are an angel, this was the solution to my problem. Thank you so much!
  4. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi Mellow_x541! I hope you are well, delighted to be able to offer you my help!

It happened to me a while ago.

I tried restarting the Xbox and if it still hasn't changed, I clicked on the change gamertag option, entered my new name, and it changed it immediately without asking for another payment.

I think it bought the gamertag change, but now it wants you to enter the same name to use it.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  5. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Paid for gamertag change gamertag still hasn't updated

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, an Independent Advisor. I'm sorry you are experiencing this on your purchased gamer tag. I am here to help.

I understand that you are having problems with your newly purchased gamer tag. This issue can sometimes occur due to a delay in the Xbox Live Server updating your profile information. Kindly try to perform the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Sign out of your Xbox account and restart your console.

2. Sign in again and go to Settings > Personalization > My profile > Customize profile.

3. Select your gamertag and press A to edit it.

4. Confirm your gamertag and press B to save it.

5. Launch any game and check if your gamertag is updated.

You can also try to sign in to social.xbox.com to see if your gamer tag has been updated. If the old gamer tag is still showing up, try to proceed if you can change your gamer tag for free. Do not proceed if it will charge you.

If it doesn't work, please reach out to Microsoft Xbox Support as they have the tools and resources to access your account and possibly fix your gamer tag on their end. You can contact them through this link:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us

Thank you for your time. I hope you have a great day!

Reference link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/....
  6. Yanyannnn Win User

PAID to change my gamertag over a month ago. It still hasn't changed.

Hello Seth_195,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your gamertag change. I understand how frustrating this can be. Please note that it may take up to 24 hours for the gamertag change to take effect. However, if it has been more than 24 hours and your gamertag still hasn't changed, I recommend contacting Xbox Support directly for further assistance. They will be able to look into your account and help resolve the issue so there is nothing to worry about.

Please follow the steps below to reach out to our live support team:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the lists.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you be encountering issues contacting support, you may try InPrivate Window of your browser, other browser, different device/s or connect to different network.

Hope I helped! Please do not hesitate to ask if you have further concerns. I will be waiting for you and I would be more than glad to assist you further.

YanYannn
    Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

1. I paid for my Gamertag change and it still hasn't changed - Similar Threads - paid Gamertag change

2. My Xbox gamertag didn't change but I paid?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox gamertag didn't change but I paid?: Hi; question is in the title. I had my username but I really didn't like it. So I changed it for $9.99 and thought everything was good. But when I looked to see if it changed, I saw that it...
  3. I changed my gamertag and I paid for it but the change is not reflected, it is still what...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag and I paid for it but the change is not reflected, it is still what...: I changed my gamertag and paid for it (money has been taken etc) but the change is not reflected- it's still what it was before. 3f37bd1d-e022-4591-9ca3-d241b1a9d888
  4. I paid for a gamertag change and in some areas it applied but in others it hasnt

in XBoX Accessibility
    I paid for a gamertag change and in some areas it applied but in others it hasnt: On October 2nd I paid for the gamertag change. In some areas like the microsoft store the name was changed however in the xbox store and site where you request a name change it has not been...
  5. My gamertag changed back after I paid for it to be changed?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gamertag changed back after I paid for it to be changed?: I paid the (ridiculous) $10 fee to change my gamertag and it updated briefly, however upon restarting my Xbox hours later it has changed back to my old one and the new one I chose is appearing as...
  6. I've paid to change my gamertag and it's still the same. I've viewed the transaction and it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've paid to change my gamertag and it's still the same. I've viewed the transaction and it...: I've paid to change my gamertag and it's still the same. I've viewed the transaction and it was completed. Whats the deal? 403afaa3-1e91-47f6-a538-8e5d7e0d6aff
  7. I paid for a gamertag change, and it changed, except it didn’t. Please, what else can I do?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I paid for a gamertag change, and it changed, except it didn’t. Please, what else can I do?: Hello, I recently paid to change my gamertag, and after some time it has only partially taken effect. The new gamertag correctly appears: In most games Everywhere on xbox.com, and other...
  8. Paid for gamertag change gamertag still hasn't updated

in XBoX Accessibility
    Paid for gamertag change gamertag still hasn't updated: Gamertag still hasn't updated almost a day later 800a9ee0-03fe-421e-868b-01f92c7b2f43
  9. Recently changed gamertag to something that was completely unique and paid the $10 fee, yet...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recently changed gamertag to something that was completely unique and paid the $10 fee, yet...: As the title says. Wanted to change my username to "" and i did some looking up and found that it was not taken by another account, after I paid the fee I found that it still added the numbers...
  10. I paid for the gamertag, but it didn't change.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I paid for the gamertag, but it didn't change.: Hello, I paid the amount of 10 euros to change my gamertag, but it did not change. Order number: [mod removed] Acquisition date: Thursday, June 8, 2023 The email address of the account...