I paid for a gamertag change, and it changed, except it didn’t. Please, what else can I do?

Discus and support I paid for a gamertag change, and it changed, except it didn’t. Please, what else can I do? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I recently paid to change my gamertag, and after some time it has only partially taken effect. The new gamertag correctly appears: In most... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Radical Highway, Oct 12, 2023.

1. I paid for a gamertag change, and it changed, except it didn’t. Please, what else can I do?

Hello,

I recently paid to change my gamertag, and after some time it has only partially taken effect. The new gamertag correctly appears:

• In most games
    • Everywhere on xbox.com, and other Microsoft services
    • Everywhere on the Xbox 360
    • On third party websites that have my Xbox account linked
    However, the old, undesired gamertag still appears:

• In a small number of games
    • Everywhere in the Xbox Series X interface, including sign-in, parties, messages, posts, comments, and my profile page
    • In the Xbox mobile app
    Upon viewing my profile in the Xbox app and Series X console, my new gamertag does show up, but underneath the old gamertag, which is displayed more prominently. Attached are some examples—note how both gamertags and my account name are visible to me:

I paid for a gamertag change, and it changed, except it didn’t. Please, what else can I do? [​IMG]

I paid for a gamertag change, and it changed, except it didn’t. Please, what else can I do? [​IMG]

Here is my new gamertag correctly appearing in-game (Forza Horizon 5).

I’ve seen reports of a “double gamertag” due to connection issues, or a “transition period”, but I don’t believe this is the case. I have taken the following steps to force my gamertag to update:

• Waiting ten (10) days
    • Repeatedly signing out and back in on my Series X console
    • Removing the associated Microsoft account from my Series X and re-downloading it
    • Clearing persistent storage on my Series X
    • Physically power cycling my Series X
    • Ensuring my connection to the Xbox network is stable and secure
    The change was done on an Xbox 360. At the time of payment, it was indicated to me that I would receive a replacement gamertag, as opposed to an additional gamertag. After reviewing the “Account & profile” support pages, and the gamertag FAQ, I strongly believe this is not intended behavior. Are there any other avenues I can take to resolve this issue? If not, is it possible for a support member to manually access my account details and remove any reference to the old, undesired gamertag, ensuring that the gamertag change is correctly reflected on my Xbox profile? I’ve confirmed that other players can see the inconsistent nature of my gamertag, and I don’t want to cause any further confusion to others in the community.

Thank you for your time.

:)

Radical Highway, Oct 12, 2023
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

I paid for a gamertag change, and it changed, except it didn’t. Please, what else can I do?

Hi Radical. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Note that this is a community forum, and unfortunately we don't have access to your account details to assist with this.

Please contact Xbox Support for help: https://support.xbox.com/contact-us

Thanks,
    Kyle
  3. NonZeroSum Win User

Paid to Change GamerTag and it didn’t change

Hi cemeterycorpse,

If your Gamertag has still not updated to the one you paid for, please contact Xbox Support so they can assist you. They'll be able to confirm the charge for the Gamertag change and confirm whether or not it actually changed.

Regards,

4. Sportsmans12 Win User

Gamertag change

I've purchased a gamertag change using prepaid tokens.

I was unable to change my gamertag on Xbox One as any other gamertag name didnt work except for the name I originally had.

Thus I've been charged for Changing the gamertag to exactly what it was before i attempted to change it.

What can I do about this?
  5. d050311a-ffce-4b98-8 Win User

Can I change the capitalization of my gamertag or make it available for use on another Microsoft account with the capitalization that I want?

Basically what you would have to do is change your GT twice. First change it to something else to free up what you have now. Then change it a second time to re-claim the GT using your preferred spacing an capitalization.

Deleting the MS account will not free up the GT so I would avoid doing that.
    Oh, I understand. But can I change the capitalization of the gamertag using the paid name-change?
  6. Smwutches Win User

My Xbox GT Was All Changed To Caps

It's a known glitch that happens every now and then. Unfortunately there is no fix for it except to change your gamertag to something else and then change it back to what you had.
Thema:

1. I paid for a gamertag change, and it changed, except it didn’t. Please, what else can I do? - Similar Threads - paid gamertag change

2. My Xbox gamertag didn't change but I paid?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox gamertag didn't change but I paid?: Hi; question is in the title. I had my username but I really didn't like it. So I changed it for $9.99 and thought everything was good. But when I looked to see if it changed, I saw that it...
  3. I changed my gamertag and I paid for it but the change is not reflected, it is still what...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag and I paid for it but the change is not reflected, it is still what...: I changed my gamertag and paid for it (money has been taken etc) but the change is not reflected- it's still what it was before. 3f37bd1d-e022-4591-9ca3-d241b1a9d888
  4. I paid for a gamertag change and in some areas it applied but in others it hasnt

in XBoX Accessibility
    I paid for a gamertag change and in some areas it applied but in others it hasnt: On October 2nd I paid for the gamertag change. In some areas like the microsoft store the name was changed however in the xbox store and site where you request a name change it has not been...
  5. My gamertag changed back after I paid for it to be changed?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gamertag changed back after I paid for it to be changed?: I paid the (ridiculous) $10 fee to change my gamertag and it updated briefly, however upon restarting my Xbox hours later it has changed back to my old one and the new one I chose is appearing as...
  6. I've paid to change my gamertag and it's still the same. I've viewed the transaction and it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've paid to change my gamertag and it's still the same. I've viewed the transaction and it...: I've paid to change my gamertag and it's still the same. I've viewed the transaction and it was completed. Whats the deal? 403afaa3-1e91-47f6-a538-8e5d7e0d6aff
  7. I paid for my Gamertag change and it still hasn't changed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I paid for my Gamertag change and it still hasn't changed: I have been waiting for more than 24 hours for my Gamertag to be changed in the games and still nothing, I need urgent help, I don't want to lose my money. If anyone knows anything please tell...
  8. Paid for gamertag change gamertag still hasn't updated

in XBoX Accessibility
    Paid for gamertag change gamertag still hasn't updated: Gamertag still hasn't updated almost a day later 800a9ee0-03fe-421e-868b-01f92c7b2f43
  9. Recently changed gamertag to something that was completely unique and paid the $10 fee, yet...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recently changed gamertag to something that was completely unique and paid the $10 fee, yet...: As the title says. Wanted to change my username to "" and i did some looking up and found that it was not taken by another account, after I paid the fee I found that it still added the numbers...
  10. I paid for the gamertag, but it didn't change.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I paid for the gamertag, but it didn't change.: Hello, I paid the amount of 10 euros to change my gamertag, but it did not change. Order number: [mod removed] Acquisition date: Thursday, June 8, 2023 The email address of the account...