I paid for a gamertag change and in some areas it applied but in others it hasnt

Discus and support I paid for a gamertag change and in some areas it applied but in others it hasnt in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; On October 2nd I paid for the gamertag change. In some areas like the microsoft store the name was changed however in the xbox store and site where you... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Tony00237, Nov 22, 2023.

1. Tony00237
    Tony00237 Guest

I paid for a gamertag change and in some areas it applied but in others it hasnt

On October 2nd I paid for the gamertag change. In some areas like the microsoft store the name was changed however in the xbox store and site where you request a name change it has not been applied. What gives?

:)

Tony00237, Nov 22, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question?

Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello Tony00237,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your gamertag change. It's possible that the change may take some time to fully propagate across all Microsoft services. However, if it has been more than a few days since you made the change and it still hasn't updated in certain areas, I recommend contacting Xbox Support directly for further assistance. They will be able to investigate the issue and help you resolve it.

On your console you may try to remove and re-add your profile and see if this fixes the issue.

Add or remove an Xbox profile | Xbox Support

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I appreciate your cooperation and understanding. Have a great day!
  4. ZER0G360 Win User

Gamertag problem

basically im saying even though it changed the gamertag on the 360 and the forum it hasnt changed it in other places like the xbox one and the website for some reason there still listed as LeadRaptor25787 when it should be which is my current gamertag
    after the free change i dont know why it hasnt changed just felt like i had to explain myself better now im just gonna wait and see if i get any help
  5. wi7bit Win User

Gamertag hasnt changed

Hi rotzz Rei

It does take a while to filter through the system (it's not instant). There is no set time, you just have to wait but it will eventually change.

Try signing out of the system and sign back in. That may help.
  6. Hoskayra Win User

Gamertag hasnt changed

Hello Rotzz R, my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox, so we do not have access to any user account or check anything from the forum. All users help each other with common problems.

Note: This is a public forum therefore, I suggest you not share your personal information.

I am very sorry for the problem you are going through, with the intention of being able to help you, I did an internal search on the Microsoft forum and found a publication by Gerardo C., an independent advisor, where he mentions important information about the Gamertag change, which you should take into account. :

The process of changing the Gamertag in all games and in the entire Xbox ecosystem may take a couple of days to completely change, I recommend you wait a little longer and it should change automatically soon.

Information Source (Credits): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/06315dee-17c3-4a3b-8ea1-2568d912ca0e

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
Thema:

1. I paid for a gamertag change and in some areas it applied but in others it hasnt - Similar Threads - paid gamertag change

2. My Xbox gamertag didn't change but I paid?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox gamertag didn't change but I paid?: Hi; question is in the title. I had my username but I really didn't like it. So I changed it for $9.99 and thought everything was good. But when I looked to see if it changed, I saw that it...
  3. I changed my gamertag and I paid for it but the change is not reflected, it is still what...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag and I paid for it but the change is not reflected, it is still what...: I changed my gamertag and paid for it (money has been taken etc) but the change is not reflected- it's still what it was before. 3f37bd1d-e022-4591-9ca3-d241b1a9d888
  4. My gamertag changed back after I paid for it to be changed?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gamertag changed back after I paid for it to be changed?: I paid the (ridiculous) $10 fee to change my gamertag and it updated briefly, however upon restarting my Xbox hours later it has changed back to my old one and the new one I chose is appearing as...
  5. I've paid to change my gamertag and it's still the same. I've viewed the transaction and it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've paid to change my gamertag and it's still the same. I've viewed the transaction and it...: I've paid to change my gamertag and it's still the same. I've viewed the transaction and it was completed. Whats the deal? 403afaa3-1e91-47f6-a538-8e5d7e0d6aff
  6. I paid for my Gamertag change and it still hasn't changed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I paid for my Gamertag change and it still hasn't changed: I have been waiting for more than 24 hours for my Gamertag to be changed in the games and still nothing, I need urgent help, I don't want to lose my money. If anyone knows anything please tell...
  7. I paid for a gamertag change, and it changed, except it didn’t. Please, what else can I do?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I paid for a gamertag change, and it changed, except it didn’t. Please, what else can I do?: Hello, I recently paid to change my gamertag, and after some time it has only partially taken effect. The new gamertag correctly appears: In most games Everywhere on xbox.com, and other...
  8. Paid for gamertag change gamertag still hasn't updated

in XBoX Accessibility
    Paid for gamertag change gamertag still hasn't updated: Gamertag still hasn't updated almost a day later 800a9ee0-03fe-421e-868b-01f92c7b2f43
  9. Recently changed gamertag to something that was completely unique and paid the $10 fee, yet...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recently changed gamertag to something that was completely unique and paid the $10 fee, yet...: As the title says. Wanted to change my username to "" and i did some looking up and found that it was not taken by another account, after I paid the fee I found that it still added the numbers...
  10. I paid for the gamertag, but it didn't change.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I paid for the gamertag, but it didn't change.: Hello, I paid the amount of 10 euros to change my gamertag, but it did not change. Order number: [mod removed] Acquisition date: Thursday, June 8, 2023 The email address of the account...