I own a game digitally for xbox one. Why does the game not appear as purchased on my Series...

Discus and support I own a game digitally for xbox one. Why does the game not appear as purchased on my Series... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought master chief collection when it first came out. Now it says I don’t own the game when I try to install it on my Series S when I try to find it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Tishaan Punit, Dec 2, 2023.

1. I own a game digitally for xbox one. Why does the game not appear as purchased on my Series...

I bought master chief collection when it first came out. Now it says I don’t own the game when I try to install it on my Series S when I try to find it in store. it prompts me to buy the game again despite the fact that I am using the same account from my XboxOne on my Series S.

:)

Tishaan Punit, Dec 2, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

I own a game digitally for xbox one. Why does the game not appear as purchased on my Series S console?

Hello Tishaan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

As Halo: The Master Chief Collection is an optimized game for Xbox Series X|S. You should be able to play it on your Xbox Series S. However, it's possible that the game is not appearing as purchased on your Series S console due to a syncing issue between your console and your Microsoft account.

To resolve this issue, please try the following steps:

Before anything else, make sure you are accessing the correct account that purchase the game, please visit this link and sign into your account - Microsoft account | Order history.

1. Make sure that you are signed into your Microsoft account on your Series S console.

2. Go to the "My games & apps" section on your Series S console.

3. Select the "Full library" tab.

4. Scroll down to the "Ready to install" section and look for the game you purchased.

5. If the game is not listed, select the "All owned games" tab and look for the game there.

6. If you still can't find the game, try resetting your console by holding down the power button for 10 seconds until it turns off, then turn it back on and check again.

Let us know how it went.

If you have other clarifications about this matter, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Tezzerrific Win User

MW2 crossgen bubdle

series x has disc drive and the series s does not

smart delivery is so it downloads the content for the specific console

hence why the game case has series x and xbox one advertised on it. the disc can be used in series x and xbox one consoles, the series s does not have a drive therefore requires digital purchase.
  4. MAXIMUS SUPREMO Win User

Bought Xbox game not appearing on Xbox mobile app and Others pop up instead

Thank you for your response XBF. I already checked to see that the gamertag and email that was on my Xbox console matched the one that was on my Xbox app. However, when you say that Halo MCC is available on Xbox One and Series X does that mean that even though it does not work on the app if I sign on another Xbox One or get my own Series X the game will appear? I hope this is the case as I can live with MCC being on console alone, but if it does not appear when I upgrade to Series X then I'm going to have a problem. Is there another library other than the app I can use to confirm the presence of Halo MCC among my owned games.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Re-buying games on the Series S already installed on an External Hard Drive

Hi,

When you run a game on either an Xbox One or Series X/S it first looks to see if you own the licence (digital). If you don't own a digital license the console will check for a disc. But as the Series S has no optical Blu-ray Drive it will display a message
    and the game will not run.

Other installed games - regardless of how they got on the storage device - that also can be purchased from the Xbox Store won't need to downloaded again. Purchasing an already installed game will convert it to a digital license.

But you will have to buy any pre-installed games if you don't own them digitally.
  6. cooperklebba Win User

Can I buy Cyberpunk 2077 on Xbox series S digitally on launch?

Thank you for the responce! Does this mean all other games i purchased digitally on Xbox One can be played on the Series S as well?
Thema:

I own a game digitally for xbox one. Why does the game not appear as purchased on my Series...

1. I own a game digitally for xbox one. Why does the game not appear as purchased on my Series... - Similar Threads - own game digitally

2. Can I get call of duty black ops 6 on its own with game pass without getting call of duty hq

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I get call of duty black ops 6 on its own with game pass without getting call of duty hq: I have got Xbox game pass ultimate and I want to download call of duty black ops 6 when it releases can I get it on game pass on its own without getting call of duty hq is there anyway when black...
  3. I own a game and it wont let me play because i don't have game pass?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I own a game and it wont let me play because i don't have game pass?: I own Halo mater chief collection but i cant play it because i don't have a game pass subscription. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? I bought the game fare and square why cant i play it...
  4. Can 2 people play the same game at the same time if they both own it but they have game...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can 2 people play the same game at the same time if they both own it but they have game...: My friends Xbox live ran out so I want to game share with her so she can play online what I’m wondering is can we both play the same game at the same time I’ve came across this before but it was...
  5. Digital game redeemed, but not showing up on owned games..

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digital game redeemed, but not showing up on owned games..: A couple of hours ago I redeemed a digital game (forza horizon 2) and it said everything looks good after I redeemed it.. But then when I went to my "owned" games, nothing showed up. Also when I...
  6. Why cant i play my previously owned digital games after my 2 year gamepass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant i play my previously owned digital games after my 2 year gamepass?: For several years i have owned Halo The Master Chief Collection (and DLC) Plants Vs Zombies Castle Crashers Battle Block Theater and recently after my 24 month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate...
  7. Error code 0x803f800c on a digital game I OWN

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x803f800c on a digital game I OWN: Hi, today I tried to open Forza Horizon 4, a game I owned for about 3 years through the xbox home thinghy and a friend of mine. My xbox is set up as the xbox home. However a notification said i...
  8. Can I transfer a Digitally owned Xbox 360 copy of Fall of Cybertron to my Gaming Laptop...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I transfer a Digitally owned Xbox 360 copy of Fall of Cybertron to my Gaming Laptop...: Heyo! I am looking to do something, but i'm not 100% sure on how to go about it. I'm not one of these people that will bottle neck the rules, to get what I want. My aim is to take the files from...
  9. Game pass expiry won’t allow me to play owned digital copy of game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game pass expiry won’t allow me to play owned digital copy of game: I am currently unable to play minecraft on my Xbox because it states my game pass has expired. I own the game digitally and it states on the Microsoft store that I own it. My game pass expired in...
  10. When I try the 25 digit code, the system says I already own the game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I try the 25 digit code, the system says I already own the game...: Hello, The system say I already own PUBG, but I never installed, even the free version. How can I redeem my 25 digit code? The game don't start the download...Thanks!...