I own a game and am being told to purchase it again

Discus and support I own a game and am being told to purchase it again in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I own Borderlands 2 the Handsome Edition for the xbox one on a physical disc, but after I install it and try to run it on my console, I am redirected... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CrazierSpade474, May 10, 2021.

1. I own a game and am being told to purchase it again

I own Borderlands 2 the Handsome Edition for the xbox one on a physical disc, but after I install it and try to run it on my console, I am redirected to the Microsoft store so that I can buy it there. This hasn't happened with any other games I own a physical copy of. Has this happened to anyone else and how can it be fixed? I don't want to have to buy it twice since I clearly own it if it's a physical copy.

:)

CrazierSpade474, May 10, 2021
  2. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

On your Xbox go to Settings>network settings>advanced>Alternate MAC Address>Clear. Your Xbox will have to restart then try again. However, if the issue still persists, Please access this link Xbox Support to perform a reset to your console. This should solve your issue.
  3. JoshuaPrice5 Win User

I had a old account an games i bought digital?

*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***

Ninokappin is my page name

Joshua Price birthday is September 10, 1988
  4. Georges C. Win User

Why am I being told to purchase MW2 again?

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Cisco, there are some issues related to the game and pre-sales.

Click the link below to make sure the game is completed in your purchase history.

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders

If it’s declined status, it means that Microsoft was not able to get the charge for the game and you may need to purchase the game.

[​IMG]
  5. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Own Oblivion DLC but being told to purchase again

Hello Dragonlord0501, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support!

I highly recommend following the troubleshooting steps here:

After each step try to see if the issue is fixed!

First, please select System > Settings > account > remove accounts and then select your account and select Remove to confirm.

Then, hold down the power button for about 10 seconds, until the console shuts off, then unplug the power cord and wait for 2-3 minutes before plugging it back in and turn on the Xbox.

If the issue persists, please select System > Settings > devices and streaming > blue ray > persistent storage > clear three times > restart console.

If you are still encountering the same issue, please select System > Settings > System > Console info > Select Reset console > Choose Reset and keep my games and apps.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  6. Dragonlord0501 Win User

Own Oblivion DLC but being told to purchase again

Yeah so none of that helped, the problem is even on my computer it says I do not own the dlc, on the Microsoft website. I’m not purchasing a DLC for the second time
Thema:

1. I own a game and am being told to purchase it again - Similar Threads - own game being

2. Why is Starfield now being shown as not purchased or unavailable in my owned games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is Starfield now being shown as not purchased or unavailable in my owned games: I bought the premium upgrade for starfield to have early access but now the game doesn't show it was purchased or shows in My owned library. 46b024dc-ba64-4634-8f95-1219510cb7f4
  3. How to fix not being able to play games I own from current gen on next gen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix not being able to play games I own from current gen on next gen: So I have 2k23 on my Xbox One and I recently purchased a Series X, and I'm downloading 2k23 on my series X but it will not let me play it saying I need to buy it again, is there any fix because I...
  4. Why am I being prompted to buy a game i own and installed?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I being prompted to buy a game i own and installed?: I reinstalled COD Cold War. I installed all 5 parts (campaign, online, etc) plus 2 bonus content packs. Everytime I go to enter and play it i am prompted to buy the game again for $60. I own the...
  5. Can a childs own game be shared upwards to my home xbox account and to their siblings?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can a childs own game be shared upwards to my home xbox account and to their siblings?: I have a family group and also Game Pass Ultimate with two childrens accounts under it. Alls well with that arrangement and the games I own/install can be played by the kids where age appropriate....
  6. Can game add-ons that I own on my PC be downloaded on my Xbox One S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can game add-ons that I own on my PC be downloaded on my Xbox One S?: I got FH4 (Forza Horizon 4) on my Xbox One S recently and I have some add-ons on my pc. Is it possible for me to download those add-ons on my Xbox One S or would I have to get them again?...
  7. will there be a rick and morty on xbox in a game of there own

in XboX Insiders
    will there be a rick and morty on xbox in a game of there own: will there ever be a rick and morty game for xbox i know lots of people will buy it and it seems more of a good idea but every one whants to know if there is a rick and morty game for xbox idea...
  8. I need to be online or own a copy of the game to playof the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need to be online or own a copy of the game to playof the game: Recently changed over to the new gen console xbox series x and ever since I've been having an issue loading up my games . I keep receiving an error saying I either have to own the game to play or...
  9. Flight Sim 2020 cant be authenticated - own on game pass

in XboX Insiders
    Flight Sim 2020 cant be authenticated - own on game pass: [IMG] submitted by /u/davejr17 [link] [comments]
  10. I own Game Pass Ultimate & Gold, but Jump Force cannot be strarted

in XBoX on Consoles
    I own Game Pass Ultimate & Gold, but Jump Force cannot be strarted: I didn't find the purchase button to get JUMP FORCE for free on the store of the console. Even though I've owned game pass ultimate& gold. Then, I went to the website for downloading. I made it....