I no longer own the minecraft (java) copy after a 6-month break

Discus and support I no longer own the minecraft (java) copy after a 6-month break in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; OS: Windows 10 & 11 Minecraft version: Java I purchased the full game, migrated from Mojang to Microsoft back in November 2021, and was able to play... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Artuga9737, Sep 18, 2022.

1. Artuga9737
    Artuga9737 Guest

Minecraft version: Java

I purchased the full game, migrated from Mojang to Microsoft back in November 2021, and was able to play minecraft just fine. Then I took a break since around March 2022, logged back in, and now my game is gone. As in I no longer own this game as far as I can tell, from the launcher or from the website. Figured I would ask here since google didn't give anything relevant.

:)

Artuga9737, Sep 18, 2022
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hi Artuga9737,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand that you are having an issue with your Minecraft/Mojang games. As per post description, you have migrated the account to Microsoft since last November 2021. Let us check on this together and sort this out. We will do to the best in our capability to assist you with your concern and help you back to gaming.

We can suggest these steps for basic troubleshooting. Please follow the instruction below,

If you don't have another Launcher on your computer or have already deleted:

• Open Minecraft Laucher;
    • If you are already logged in, click on your image and Gamertag in the upper left corner of the screen and then on "Logout";
    • If you are already logged out or not logged in to your account, delete all accounts
    • Registered in Launcher by clicking on the "X" next to each account;
    • In Minecraft Launcher, enter the email and password of your Microsoft account!
    We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know. We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hello Artuga9737,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will be considering your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss those concerns as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. shredder2080 Win User

Can't play the java Minecraft even though I have bedrock

I purchased the bedrock console version and I own the digital copy of Minecraft for windows but can't claim the java edition
  5. Vicente Girona Win User

Link the Mojang and Microsoft account?

Hello, welcome to Xbox forums.

Unfortunately it is no longer possible to get a free copy. April 20th was the last day to obtain it.

I quote below a text from https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/ancient-java-players--you-attention-please-

• If you did buy Minecraft: Java Edition before October 19th, 2018, then you might not be aware that you’re entitled to a FREE copy of the Windows 10 version. It’s an offer that we ended a couple of Octobers ago, but you still have some time to redeem your
      free copy if you bought Java Edition way back when! After Monday, April 20th, 2020, customers who purchased Minecraft Java Edition before October 19th, 2018 will no longer be able to redeem their free version of Minecraft for Windows 10 token code. Until then,
      players who bought Minecraft: Java Edition before October 19th, 2018 can still receive a token for Minecraft for Windows 10.

I'm so sorry that you can't reedem your free copy anymore. You'll either have to buy a new copy from the Microsoft store or wait for it to be on sale.
  6. wout rogge Win User

i need help

hello microsoft i used to play minecraft allot but deleted it after some months i wanted to reinstall it but the game says i have to rebuy it but ive bought the java and bedrock bundel i could play minecraft some months ago but now it says i sadly dondt own it anymore after i bought it tho
Thema:

1. I no longer own the minecraft (java) copy after a 6-month break - Similar Threads - longer own minecraft

2. Minecraft no longer owned after moving to Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft no longer owned after moving to Series X: I've owned minecraft on my Xbox One S for years now and recently upgraded to a Series X. Just today I tried to install it but noticed it was absent from my library. I checked the Xbox store and...
  3. Microsoft account no longer owns minecraft java edition

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account no longer owns minecraft java edition: I bought minecraft a long time ago and migrated my account on June 30th 2022, but when I tried to log back into my minecraft account through microsoft, it forced me to create a new xbox gamer tag...
  4. No longer owning minecraft after xbox gamepass trial.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No longer owning minecraft after xbox gamepass trial.: Hello. I owned minecraft long before. I migrated my minecraft account to mojang 1 year or 2 ago. 3 months ago i claimed the nitro gamepass sub gift for 3 months with the same email and my...
  5. No longer own Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No longer own Minecraft: At first when the merge happened, everything was fine, but now when I open the Minecraft launcher it says I no longer own Minecraft java when I have owned for nearly 10 years now. This is very...
  6. I own Minecraft java but after migrating to Microsoft my account no longer works and when I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I own Minecraft java but after migrating to Microsoft my account no longer works and when I...: [img] Whenever I go to my accounts it shows me my Mojang account and Microsoft account. My Microsoft account only lets me play the demo and I have literally 0 access to the game I bought. Also...
  7. After migrating my mojang account I no longer own minecraft java edition.

in XBoX Accessibility
    After migrating my mojang account I no longer own minecraft java edition.: I migrated my minecraft account with a minecon cape to a microsoft account a few days ago, everything seemed to be going fine, I got the email that the account migration had been completed, but...
  8. No longer Own Minecraft, but can`t Buy it either

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No longer Own Minecraft, but can`t Buy it either: Ok so recently I felt like playing Minecraft again, so I went to Mojang to redownload it. Had to merge my account with my Microsoft account so I did that. Then it gave me the choice to either...
  9. I Somehow No Longer Own Minecraft After Migrating Account from Mojang to Microsoft,

in XBoX Accessibility
    I Somehow No Longer Own Minecraft After Migrating Account from Mojang to Microsoft,: I finally migrated my account from Mojang to Microsoft and now it's saying I can only play the demo. I was under the Java Edition, but now, after creating the Microsoft account that it was...
  10. I no longer own minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I no longer own minecraft: I bought Minecraft java edition about 1 or 2 years ago and I have just switched computers and I went to download it and it says I no longer own the game. 43a74062-9b8c-42b6-a08f-b37c9886c14a