I no longer own a game that I bought

Discus and support I no longer own a game that I bought in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; A while ago I had the game Subnautica in my Xbox library but one day when I went to reinstall the game I lost it and now I only have below zero and on... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Alex Cs1, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Alex Cs1
    Alex Cs1 Guest

A while ago I had the game Subnautica in my Xbox library but one day when I went to reinstall the game I lost it and now I only have below zero and on my PC it says I can install the game but it wants me to buy it?

:)

Alex Cs1, Jan 1, 2024
  2. Francia J. Win User

I bought a game but it no longer says I own it.

If that's the case, the game may have been shared with you and for you to play it again, you will be needing to re-purchase it.
  3. TomBailey_2 Win User

Hi there, thank you for replying. I have checked all possible accounts an still the game doesnt show up.
  4. Francia J. Win User

Hi TomBailey_2, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

You may have purchased it on a different account of yours because all successful transactions are added to our order history (https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders) and if the game is not visible from there, you may need to check all other possible accounts.
  5. David Wirsching Win User

Xbox says that I no longer own a game that i bought

Hello Duncan G, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

Here are some steps you can take to fix the problem:

Check your account and purchase history: Sign in to your Xbox account and verify that you are using the same account you used to purchase The Crew 2 Gold Edition. Please double-check your purchase history to make sure the game appears as a previous purchase. If you see the purchase in your history, it should indicate that you own the game.

Restore Licenses: On Xbox consoles, license issues can sometimes occur, making games appear as if they are not your property. To resolve this, go to the Xbox dashboard and navigate to Settings > Account > License Transfer. Follow the instructions to transfer licenses, which should restore your ownership of the game.

Check for account or subscription issues: If you have an active Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass subscription, make sure your subscription is up to date and there are no issues with your account. Sometimes subscription or billing issues may temporarily affect game ownership.

Refresh your console: Try power cycling your Xbox console. Turn off the console, unplug the power cord from the back, and wait 10 to 15 seconds. Then, plug the power cord back in and turn on the console. This can help update the system and resolve any temporary issues.

Contact me again if the problem persists.

Best regards.
  6. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Bought game telling me I no longer own it

Hello RyanTessier1, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support!

I highly recommend following the troubleshooting steps here:

After each step try to see if the issue is fixed!

First, please select System > Settings > account > remove accounts and then select your account and select Remove to confirm.

Then, hold down the power button for about 10 seconds, until the console shuts off, then unplug the power cord and wait for 2-3 minutes before plugging it back in and turn on the Xbox.

If the issue persists, please select System > Settings > devices and streaming > blue ray > persistent storage > clear three times > restart console.

If you are still encountering the same issue, please select System > Settings > System > Console info > Select Reset console > Choose Reset and keep my games and apps

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
Thema:

1. I no longer own a game that I bought - Similar Threads - longer own game

2. Xbox says that I no longer own a game that i bought

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox says that I no longer own a game that i bought: A year or two ago I bought the crew two gold edition and I recently redownloaded it but now it says that I no longer own the game e118e54c-0e8e-421d-a950-4ac01ac4e4dd
  3. Microsoft is saying I no longer own a game, is there any way I can get it back?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft is saying I no longer own a game, is there any way I can get it back?: Hi, I downloaded mine craft from a card download that came with my Xbox (I downloaded it on pc). I recently had to factory reset my pc and now my Microsoft store says I no longer own the game. Is...
  4. what happend to the 2 free xbox gold games per month. do i no longer own them?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    what happend to the 2 free xbox gold games per month. do i no longer own them?: every time there are good free games, i buy xbox gold. download them and cancle the subscription. i keep the games and play them .. what the heck just happend. i downloaded blue fire and the drift...
  5. COD: Modern Warfare 2 (2022) says I now no longer own the game on my account?!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    COD: Modern Warfare 2 (2022) says I now no longer own the game on my account?!: So, I was hopping on my Xbox today, 10/27/2022, just before the release of MWII to make sure that my game was pre-loaded before launch tonight. When I went to click on it, it started saying I...
  6. I bought a game but it no longer says I own it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a game but it no longer says I own it.: So back when black ops cold war released i bought the game digitally and the game ran perfectly until around a month ago. Now when i try and launch the game it just tells me to reinstall it. The...
  7. Bought game telling me I no longer own it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought game telling me I no longer own it: Ok so this is really upsetting i bought Assassins Creed Valhalla Ultimate edition. After last nights update (i havent played in a couple weeks) i go to play and it tells me i need to buy the game...
  8. Digital Game says I no longer own it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digital Game says I no longer own it.: The game Age of Wonders: Planetfall I bought digitally back in september of 2019 when it came out and a week ago I tried playing it and it did thr notification of, "do you own this game or app"...
  9. I no longer own a game which I did own previously

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I no longer own a game which I did own previously: So I bought Grand Theft Auto San Andreas a few years back on my xbox 360 and it was the original xbox version of the game Then a few years later I was given a free copy of the Xbox 360 remake of...
  10. how to no longer own a game even if you uninstalled it

in XBoX Accessibility
    how to no longer own a game even if you uninstalled it: i have a question of how to no longer own a game on xbox even if you unistalled it because like i already unistalled roblox bc i found out my account on that game was terminated and i cant log out...