I need to switch my sons gamertag to his own Microsoft account

Discus and support I need to switch my sons gamertag to his own Microsoft account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My son has been on my account since he was 5. Back then, they didnt have child accounts. etc... Anyhow, I need to transfer his gamertag to his OWN... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Paulbouthiller, Nov 15, 2021.

1. I need to switch my sons gamertag to his own Microsoft account

My son has been on my account since he was 5. Back then, they didnt have child accounts. etc...

Anyhow, I need to transfer his gamertag to his OWN Microsoft account. There has to be a way.

:)

Paulbouthiller, Nov 15, 2021
  2. Paulbouthiller Win User

There has got to be a better solution. He will lose 15 years of gaming.
  3. Smwutches Win User

You can create a new child account for him, but it would be brand new. Nothing can be transferred between accounts.
  4. DigitalAssassin Win User

Xbox Locked me out of my gold. No way to retrieve any suggestions?

Hi there, you will need to get the owner of the email account to switch the gamertag to another email of your choosing following the steps here:

support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account

-

As the email associated with the gamertag belongs to him, he basically owns the account so Microsoft won't be able to help you as you can't prove you own that gamertag.
  5. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Setting a microsoft account Password for specific things?

My son has his own account, which is connected to my email...and my other email is strictly work
    It sounds as tho the account, son's (gamertag) setup on the XBox is an adult account using your email assigned to your Microsoft account.

What needs to happen is an adult xbox account (think gamertag) needs to be setup with your adult email used for Microsoft account and then use the family setup and make your childs gamertag on the XBox a child account not an adult account.
  6. TheWonderSquid Win User

Problem updating email on Xbox Live account

Thema:

1. I need to switch my sons gamertag to his own Microsoft account - Similar Threads - need switch sons

2. I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...: I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each other as friends. How do we do that? abf59fe2-900f-42be-b844-f2bb61d7ff3b
  3. I need help. I'm trying to connect to my switch with my Microsoft account but when ever I...

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help. I'm trying to connect to my switch with my Microsoft account but when ever I...: I need help. I'm trying to connect to my switch with my Microsoft account but when ever I finish filling it out it takes me to an Xbox 8aa6ace2-1a33-4507-9e50-62116a14af83
  4. I need to know if there is a way to switch my Xbox/Microsoft accounts Email to a different...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to know if there is a way to switch my Xbox/Microsoft accounts Email to a different...: My Xbox main account was made with someone else's Microsoft email, and unfortunately he's not around anymore and i have been meaning to change the accounts email but i cant get the verification...
  5. I need to know if there is a way to switch my Xbox/Microsoft accounts Email to a different...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to know if there is a way to switch my Xbox/Microsoft accounts Email to a different...: My Xbox main account was made with someone else's Microsoft email, and unfortunately he's not around anymore and i have been meaning to change the accounts email but i cant get the verification...
  6. I need help deleting my xbox account without deleting my microsoft account or switching emails

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help deleting my xbox account without deleting my microsoft account or switching emails: I just need to switch my email on xbox accounts but the email i want to swtich to is reserved to one of my other accounts. is there any possible way that someone can swtich the email on my...
  7. Need help with xbox home switches

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help with xbox home switches: Is there any possibility of obtaining an additional home Xbox switch? I have recently acquired a new Xbox Series S, and unfortunately, I am unable to play the games I own or access Game Pass due...
  8. Need help Xbox series x gets darker switch from game to other apps

in XboX Insiders
    Need help Xbox series x gets darker switch from game to other apps: Hey I have an Xbox series x. Recently I got lies of p and strange enough the screen gets darker when playing from switching from apps. Does anyone else get that problem and have any advice...
  9. I need another Xbox home switch

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need another Xbox home switch: Hello I need another Xbox home switch because I cannot play my game which I have purchased and I the only way I can is if I have a switch for my home Xbox and 7f7a33bc-8939-483d-9bf1-64edb46c6b1f
  10. I need to switch the microsoft account used for minecraft to another one and microsoft has...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to switch the microsoft account used for minecraft to another one and microsoft has...: I need to switch the microsoft account used for minecraft to another one and microsoft has removed the ability to contact them. yeah thats it. 350e80b5-b66b-41db-a7aa-a74ea3f1faee