I need to replace my broken Xbox 360 DVD player

Discus and support I need to replace my broken Xbox 360 DVD player in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, My Xbox 360 DVD player need to be replaced, but I was told you cannot by any Xbox 360 DVD player and install it. (YES - the DVD player is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gamlefar75, Apr 21, 2023.

1. Gamlefar75
    Gamlefar75 Guest

Hi,

My Xbox 360 DVD player need to be replaced, but I was told you cannot by any Xbox 360 DVD player and install it.

(YES - the DVD player is broken)

So, how can I get a DVD player that will work on my Xbox 360 Console?

I have no interest in sending my console to some service center - I can do the replacement myself (I've already taken apart the console a couple of times and reassembled it).

Another option is of course to buy an old Xbox 360 console (I use it for Guitar Hero only with my son)

Any good advice is much appreciated.

:)

Gamlefar75, Apr 21, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

We cannot assist with self-repair.
  3. Naxo021207 Win User

xbox 360 slim

I regret to inform you that Xbox 360 S console cannot play HD DVDs. You still need to have an HD DVD player for you to be able to play HD DVDs. However, Microsoft Xbox does not sell Xbox 360 HD DVD player anymore.
  4. UnitedWeSmoke Win User

broken xbox ?

I had the same thing, my dvd player thing was broken. Bought a new xbox this year, since the old one was out of warranty.
  5. microlink(2) Win User

After Skyrim update, I'm lagging like mad?

Thanks, I think I will try this. Sadly, I'll have to wait to get a replacement Xbox, as my current one has a broken DVD drive. (I will probably get a replacement in 1 or 2 days since the GameStop isn't too far, plus my 360 is still under warranty so I should
    get a new one for free.)

As soon as I get my new one, I will try this and post the results.
  6. DarylBlasi Win User

Xbox One S Won't Ask to Update Xbox 360 Discs that I insert

Hi,

Can you confirm if your console can read DVD discs?

Xbox 360 games are on DVD and Xbox One games are on Blu-Ray. The Xbox One's Blu-ray drive has a separate laser to read DVD's, if it has malfunctioned, Xbox 360 games can't be read and the digital download for BC games won't start.

To test this out, try playing a DVD movie disc. In all likelihood these films won't play and that will confirm drive malfunction. If this is the case you'll need your console repaired/replaced.
    This may be the problem. DVDs aren’t working in the drive. I will see if this can be fixed or if I need to replace the system.
Thema:

1. I need to replace my broken Xbox 360 DVD player - Similar Threads - need replace broken

2. Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5: I used to play Minecraft alot but I needed to get another Microsoft account to go with my updated and new email, so dumbly of Me, when I signed out of Minecraft, I didn't press the unlink button...
  3. Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly

in XboX Insiders
    Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly: Every time I open a game the title screen will load visually but it will stay there and nothing will change but I can hear the audio as if the game did open and is running fine. How do I fix this?...
  4. I can’t login to my account. What do i need to do?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t login to my account. What do i need to do?: Hi my name is Emiliano and i can’t login to my minecraft account. The name is GradientDeer845, I don’t recall the email or password used to login. 13634549-16d1-4ea9-875b-fafd0b7c7491
  5. Is there a fix or should i take it for repairs and what needs repairs.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a fix or should i take it for repairs and what needs repairs.: So my xbox one is running 40fps constantly and it is very unplayable. I havent used more than 50% of my storage, i have done hard and soft resets cleared cashes and more but nothing works. Is...
  6. I ordered a replacement controller and finally got a email saying they need to controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I ordered a replacement controller and finally got a email saying they need to controller...: I ordered replacement controller and finally got a email saying they need to controller back but never been sent a address to send back too I cannot get hold of them it is awful anyone know?...
  7. Need help with controller replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help with controller replacement: I sent my controller for repair and received it back still broken. Tried creating a new repair request but through the Microsoft devices page which doesn’t allow you to select a shipping address....
  8. Need help getting my Elite series 2 controller repaired or replaced.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help getting my Elite series 2 controller repaired or replaced.: I previously sent my controller to be repaired a couple weeks ago as the left bumper was becoming unresponsive. I received it back and the left bumper was working but after a few days of use the...
  9. If I bought an Item off of Xbox.com, can I take it to the local store if I need a replacement?

in XBoX on Windows
    If I bought an Item off of Xbox.com, can I take it to the local store if I need a replacement?: If I bought an Item off of Xbox.com, can I take it to the local store (ex. Walmart, Target, Best Buy) if I need a replacement? I grow tired of sending back my item via postage, UPS. Then happily...
  10. Hi I’m replacing the motherboard in my 1540 model Xbox one do I need to still do the osu1-3...

in XboX Insiders
    Hi I’m replacing the motherboard in my 1540 model Xbox one do I need to still do the osu1-3...: Pretty much what the title says my stepdads Xbox stopped working and I figured it was a logic board issue and I bought a new one and I want to make sure I don’t have to do the update if I have my...