I need to move this Gamer Tag from this old email to my active Microsoft account.

Discus and support I need to move this Gamer Tag from this old email to my active Microsoft account. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I need to move this Gamer Tag from this old email to my active Microsoft account. Both without losing this email or having to wait for the Gamer Tag in... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Dracrius, Dec 11, 2021.

1. Dracrius
    Dracrius Guest

I need to move this Gamer Tag from this old email to my active Microsoft account.

I need to move this Gamer Tag from this old email to my active Microsoft account. Both without losing this email or having to wait for the Gamer Tag in unchosen limbo by paying to chain the name back to another account I own. I am to anxious it would get scooped in some twist of luck and I think it is unreasonable to demand I pay for this change since account migration is a free thing EVERYWHERE else. I am not trying to change my gamer tag I found out why I couldn't pick it when friends asked me to play Halo Infinite and I want it on the account I use daily.

Support acts like there only option is to change the email on the account BUT this is the disclaimer on doing that.
    "NOTE: When removing an email alias that’s a Microsoft domain (such as @Outlook.com, @Live.com, or @Hotmail.com), that email is completely deleted from our systems and can no longer be used to send or receive emails. It won’t be available for use again as an alias on another account. Microsoft does not recycle email addresses, so it may not be reclaimed at a future time."
    So that's not happening. I need this email for this very reason, times I find old accounts that use it as the verification email!

The other options is to pay to remove it from this account and pay to swap it! The fact that this seems to be support only options is absurd. I don't care what management software you are using the support staff had access to both my accounts if they can not edit the Gamer Tag Text field in both without internally triggering fees there's an issue! At the very least they should have jumped at waving the change fees and had me do the changes on the phone.

If I go to start doing what they ask they want to charge me $10 for each change and its going to take at least three name changes. Once to change my main email's tag to something that doesn't match (Because the gamertag search says I already have it if you search without numbers) this is where I saw the charge . Once on the old account to something new and lastly the third time switching the new account to my original Gamer Tag. This is insane. Worst of all support acted like there was no way to help despite the fact that I have many friends who had those fees waved back in the day for situations just like this!

:)

Dracrius, Dec 11, 2021
  2. Dracrius Win User

Worst of all they are shifting all Mojang accounts to Microsoft ones and eventually that will be forced but I wouldn't want that tied to either of my accounts one because it has the wrong user name and the other because it is a legacy email that ONLY has the right Gamer Tag I don't own anything on that account and it has nothing of value on it so I don't want to start adding value to it.
  3. Dracrius Win User

You know what I'd also be fine with deleting both profiles! So fine there is no name change I'd just setup a new profile with the Gamer Tag I want from the first since there is nothing on these xbox accounts but no one thought to suggest that. Guess I'll have to call again and hope there isn't magically no way to delete profile cause I can only find one at the Microsoft account layer not at the Xbox Live account but I need to delete both Xbox accounts without losing the Microsoft accounts they are tied to.
  4. Dracrius Win User

This is not a good option but if it is the only option staff should be ready and willing to wave the fees as I do it on the phone or through a chat because there is no way you can justify a gamer tag transfer as something that should cost $30. At most sure charge me the $10 for one of the changes since you forced me to pick the wrong name but I am changing that Gamer Tag sure but not 3 times. The system will tell me I already have the name if I leave it as #2899 on my main account even if I delete so I need to change that account twice which is a bug at the very least.
  5. SammyVS Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

It is not possible to transfer any content to another account. You will have to change the account's gamertag to be free for your other account to use or delete the account.
  6. ExtantFiend6587 Win User

"Sorry, we can't change your Microsoft account right now"

That's incorrect. It's like this:

A is my main email with the gamer tag I want GONE.

B is my old email with the gamer tag I WANT.

C is a Microsoft account I made to move gamer tag A to.

I just want to understand if I'm doing anything wrong here.

I downloaded both Xbox Live profiles to a 360 quite some time ago and made Microsoft account C around the same time. I'm afraid to use the Xbox One I bought a few weeks ago because I don't want to reset any timers. I'm looking to close old email accounts
    I have, and the one my main gamer tag (B) is attached to is one of them, so I need to move it to my main email (A).

I do not have the time to make phone calls, and the chat system will not work for me due to the issue that's shown in the imgur link.
Thema:

1. I need to move this Gamer Tag from this old email to my active Microsoft account. - Similar Threads - need move Gamer

2. I’m having problems moving Sea of Thieves from my 4TB external drive to my Internal. Need help

in XboX Insiders
    I’m having problems moving Sea of Thieves from my 4TB external drive to my Internal. Need help: I downloaded Sea of Thieves onto my External hard drive, and now I want to play it. So when I go to move it into the Internal Drive it stops moving at 2.18GB and won’t start again. How do I fix...
  3. When I unplug my xbox to move it to a different room why does it need to update. It isn't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I unplug my xbox to move it to a different room why does it need to update. It isn't...: When I unplug my xbox to move it to a different room why does it need to update. It isn't even a couple of minutes a6043f89-fec2-47c0-83d5-0d3bde358e8f
  4. Need help cant move game clips:(

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Need help cant move game clips:(: I am having trouble with moving to OneDrive to be able to save my photos. It won't let me move the ones that say "On the Xbox network". when I try to move it, it doesn't get one in and says...
  5. Need account out of a family org and moved to a new one

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need account out of a family org and moved to a new one: So my account is still technically a child account I believe even though I’m now over 18, but my parents are getting divorced and my account is part of the family of the family member I will no...
  6. Hey, So I am moving to UAE in a few weeks but I bought my Xbox here in Canada do I need to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hey, So I am moving to UAE in a few weeks but I bought my Xbox here in Canada do I need to...: Hey, So I am moving to UAE in a few weeks but I bought my Xbox here in Canada do I need to worry about the Xbox getting too much voltage, because the voltage in Canada is 130v in UAE it’s 220v?...
  7. I downloaded a digital code to live but need it on gamepass. Can i move it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I downloaded a digital code to live but need it on gamepass. Can i move it?: I downloaded a digital code to live but need it on gamepass. Can i move it? 2189ec76-5b0e-41be-9ecf-c21e59727685
  8. account got hacked need to move

in XBoX Accessibility
    account got hacked need to move: this account is under constant attack i need to get rid of this acc but cannot cause i got my minecraft on this one i want to move my games to other account of mine which is safe so far i have...
  9. I'm confused, and need help, tried to move up a ring.

in XboX Insiders
    I'm confused, and need help, tried to move up a ring.: [IMG] submitted by /u/sexy_ostrich [link] [comments]
  10. Need to move my saved game files from one xbox to another

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need to move my saved game files from one xbox to another: Okay, I couldn't be the only person to ever have this problem but I can't find any helpful topics online. I have a launch date xbox one and just purchased a xbox one S. I have game progress in...