i need to know how to change my main acct to another with out deleting the current profile

Discus and support i need to know how to change my main acct to another with out deleting the current profile in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my son has been using my profile and has the profile to pretty high levels on certain games . i need to add a profile and then make it the main profile... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Assassin7654, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Assassin7654
    Assassin7654 Guest

i need to know how to change my main acct to another with out deleting the current profile

my son has been using my profile and has the profile to pretty high levels on certain games . i need to add a profile and then make it the main profile for billing and such. without loosing all the achievements of the current profile .

thank you

Brian

:)

Assassin7654, Dec 26, 2017
  2. Missing secondary profile after deleting/redownloading!

I have 2 profiles on my xbox 360, mine (the main acct) and my childs.. they are both linked to MY email. I had to delete both profiles only and clear the cache because xbox was freezing. now when I download my profiles only the main profile(mine) is showing.
    they were both an the same USB and I never had issues with deleting/downloading before..

please help!

WearyPup4463061, Dec 26, 2017
  3. New Computer, Windows 8, linking Microsoft acct

I purchased a new computer with Windows 8, I created a new Microsoft acct for it because I don't have access to my email originally associated with my Live/MS acct. I managed to then change the live/MS acct email to my current one (and delete the old one,)
    but my computer created a new Xbox profile when I tried to login to my Xbox live acct. So now I have two XBL accts linked to my MS acct, but I can only access the new one on Xbox.com. Is there anyway I can get my old acct to be the one connected to my MS acct
    and get rid of this new one, or am I stuck with a new XBL acct if I want them linked?

AceGoose5749744, Dec 26, 2017
  4. TeeMan69XXX Win User

Gamerscore Gone

It's funny about this. I was renewing my acct. and added a family acct. This happened to my #2 Profile (Son's) acct. only. But #1 #3 and #4 were fine. I didn't like the thought of deleting the Profile. But it worked and all his GS returned.
  5. daniellemason-botsfo Win User

Windows live password Help!

Do you know if your xbox acct is a US one or if it ended up being setup as a British acct?

Support might be able to help you figure out that info if you can verify your acct.

Just a heads up, you can not move an account from one country to another. If it is under a UK account you might have to make a new acct.

But, of course that all depends on if the Xbox acct is a UK one. If it is not, the wlid team might be able to help you change out the region for the email or just change out the wlid or help you reset the password in another way other than a email reset
    link

XBL Prophet your the bomb you know that? lol =-)
  6. WearyPup4463061 Win User

Missing secondary profile after deleting/redownloading!

ok so the 2nd acct did not have live just a profile..but I set up the profile with my main email address. and when trying to redownload i get just my main profile..

very dumb setup msft
  7. TattooMomma1969 Win User

Need help with changing email

Need 2 delete *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** acct, then change my email to the above email address
  8. Danno McK. Win User

Xbox Live Account Question?

[quote user="Backwardz Mann"]Is it possible to delete a Xbox Live account permanently? If so, after you delete it will the gamertag be available again?[/quote]

If you want to reuse your gamertag on another profile, you need to pay 800 Microsoft Points to change away from it on your current profile, making the gamertag available for another profile.
Thema:

1. i need to know how to change my main acct to another with out deleting the current profile - Similar Threads - need change main

2. Need help changing my shipping adress.

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help changing my shipping adress.: I sent my xbox in to be fixed and it should have been delivered on Monday, the currier (UPS) cannot find my address. I have contacted them but they informed me they cannot change the delivery...
  3. How often i what period do I need to change the thermal paste??

in XBoX on Consoles
    How often i what period do I need to change the thermal paste??: How often i what period do I need to change the thermal paste?? Series x 1a187cc7-a1b3-4c56-8f79-5b0135698b17
  4. Unfair communication ban. We need changes!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unfair communication ban. We need changes!: So, one random was harassing me in game, and game chat because I was refusing to engage him. Calling me bad words. Then we moved to xbox messaging, where I told him that he was not a good person...
  5. I need to change the email and phone number connected to my xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to change the email and phone number connected to my xbox account: My best friend gave me his old xbox 1 way back in 2020, I just took over his old acount, he used that xbox from 2014-2018. I went on to spend the next 4 years now buying things and playing on this...
  6. I can’t edit my profile info. It’s blocked from changing it and I need to change my country

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t edit my profile info. It’s blocked from changing it and I need to change my country: When I click on edit profile information all the boxed are dark grey and uneditable. I need to change this from United States to United Kingdom My Microsoft account won’t link with my Xbox...
  7. I need to change email entirely, not just the "alias"

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to change email entirely, not just the "alias": I tried doing the "alias" email in support. But all it did was replace the old email name, with the new one. The new name still logs me into the old emails inbox. That account was hacked and I do...
  8. i accidentally changed the capitalization in my minecraft username and need to change it back

in XBoX Accessibility
    i accidentally changed the capitalization in my minecraft username and need to change it back: hello i just accidentally changed the capitalization in my minecraft username and need to know how to revert this i checked on minecraft.net and it says i have to wait 30 days but i need it asap...
  9. Need help changing my gamerpic

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help changing my gamerpic: Wont let me Change my gamerpic into a custom image I don't have a child's account and i have no strikes, I really need help this has been going on for months and xbox support has BEEN ZERO HELP....
  10. Need to change secondary email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need to change secondary email address: I'm having an issue trying to update my Xbox account. I want to activate two step verification, but it wants to verify that it's actually me. The issue is the secondary email address it wants to...