I need to close an account I don’t have access to because it is paying for Xbox live

Discus and support I need to close an account I don’t have access to because it is paying for Xbox live in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I need to close an account i dont have access to cause it is paying for xbox live c7cce453-1111-4295-826c-744c58995623 Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by willanderson4, Apr 4, 2020.

1. I need to close an account I don’t have access to because it is paying for Xbox live

I need to close an account i dont have access to cause it is paying for xbox live

:)

willanderson4, Apr 4, 2020
  2. LegoNinja187 Win User

I need to close an account I don’t have access to because it is paying for Xbox live

3. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

If you don't have access to the account there's a few options you can take, the first of which would be to try and get into the account through the password reset/account recovery tool. Do not go through that method if you do not own the account. Here's
    the pages for that:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17875/microsoft-account-reset-or-recover-password

https://account.live.com/acsr

If you don't own the account, and need to cancel the subscription, you'll have to take a more direct approach. You may have to call your bank should you not be able to get into the account online or through an Xbox to view your subscriptions services. By
    calling your bank, and telling them that this service shouldn't be charged because you didn't authorize it to be (or something in that vein) everything should be handled on that end. Worst case scenario, you'll have to simply get a new bank card so the subscription
    eventually cancels itself on a card that no longer exists.

I'm recommending you contact Microsoft Support for billing first, then Xbox Support (but I think its one in the same), see about getting it manually canceled should you not have access to the account. While someone renewing that subscription through your
    bank/card is technically fraud/fraudulent activity (if its occurring without your approval,) so is trying to get into an account that's not yours.

Try to get into the account, if it is yours. If you know the person who's been charging that subscription, get them to pull up the subscriptions page online or on the console so that you may remove you billing details/cancel the subscription. If neither
    of those are true, consider contacting support by phone first... and then calling your bank if need be.

Here's the support links.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/

https://beta.support.xbox.com/contact-us
  4. willanderson4 Win User

Its because the email we wanted was incorrect and it signed us out one day and we couldnt get back in, and its charged us for xbox live the past 3 years
  5. SpiffyCorpse Win User

Hi! Why don't you have access to the account? Have you forgotten your password?
  6. FruitKitty Win User

Close my Xbox account I don’t need it

To close your xbox account follow this:

Closing a Microsoft account means you won’t be able to use it to sign in to any Microsoft products or services, including Outlook.com or Hotmail, OneDrive, Xbox, Skype, Office or Microsoft 365, Rewards and Microsoft Certification.

When you close a Microsoft account, for whatever reason, Microsoft wants to make sure of two things:

1. That it's really you, not someone else trying to close your account.
    2. That you're not leaving anything important behind that you're going to need later.

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/account-billing/how-to-close-your-microsoft-account-c1b2d13f-4de6-6e1b-4a31-d9d668849979

Sincerely, .
Thema:

1. I need to close an account I don’t have access to because it is paying for Xbox live - Similar Threads - need close account

2. Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5: I used to play Minecraft alot but I needed to get another Microsoft account to go with my updated and new email, so dumbly of Me, when I signed out of Minecraft, I didn't press the unlink button...
  3. Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly

in XboX Insiders
    Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly: Every time I open a game the title screen will load visually but it will stay there and nothing will change but I can hear the audio as if the game did open and is running fine. How do I fix this?...
  4. I can’t login to my account. What do i need to do?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t login to my account. What do i need to do?: Hi my name is Emiliano and i can’t login to my minecraft account. The name is GradientDeer845, I don’t recall the email or password used to login. 13634549-16d1-4ea9-875b-fafd0b7c7491
  5. Is there a fix or should i take it for repairs and what needs repairs.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a fix or should i take it for repairs and what needs repairs.: So my xbox one is running 40fps constantly and it is very unplayable. I havent used more than 50% of my storage, i have done hard and soft resets cleared cashes and more but nothing works. Is...
  6. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  7. need for speed most wanted 2005 just don't run give me a black screen and close

in XBoX Games and Apps
    need for speed most wanted 2005 just don't run give me a black screen and close: have problem running need for speed most wanted 2005 on my laptop windows 11 it just don't run give me a black screen and close and i tried so many copies of the game same problem...
  8. I need to close an old account which has recurring billing. I don’t have access to the Xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to close an old account which has recurring billing. I don’t have access to the Xbox...: Want to close Xbox account but do not have access to x box or old email. Only have x box username. 997a8cf8-851c-4dba-b59e-664c5e64ac18
  9. Need to close my xbox account

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Need to close my xbox account: Need to close my xbox account Hey Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently experiencing difficulties with being able to use your Xbox...
  10. Need a "Complete" to show which collection is finished. TOO TIME CONSUMING Open/close to check

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need a "Complete" to show which collection is finished. TOO TIME CONSUMING Open/close to check: I am SO ENJOYING collecting and completing the Collections in this game, (yes there is a however) and I think I have half of the collections already. The problem is trying to remember which...