I need to change email entirely, not just the "alias"

Discus and support I need to change email entirely, not just the "alias" in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I tried doing the "alias" email in support. But all it did was replace the old email name, with the new one. The new name still logs me into the old... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by DrunkenDwarf, Dec 21, 2023.

1. DrunkenDwarf
    DrunkenDwarf Guest

I tried doing the "alias" email in support. But all it did was replace the old email name, with the new one. The new name still logs me into the old emails inbox. That account was hacked and I do not receive emails on it. Regardless of the alias change, no emails in or out.

How do I actually change the email, not alias? I even put in my samsung gmail account under alias and would not work. Tried other outlook emails, does not work saying there is already an account.

:)

DrunkenDwarf, Dec 21, 2023
  2. Belen T.C. Win User

Hello Drunken,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with changing your primary email address. I understand that you want to change your email entirely, not just the alias.

The alias is a nickname that you can use to sign in to your Microsoft account, but it does not change the primary email address associated with your account. To change the primary email address, you need to remove the old email address and add a new one.

To do this, please follow these steps:
    1. Go to Microsoft account | Home and sign in with your current email address and password.
    2. Select Your info from the top menu, and then select Manage how you sign in to Microsoft.
    3. Under the Email addresses section, select Add email and follow the instructions to add a new email address. You can use any email address that you own, such as a Gmail or Outlook account (not associated to any gamertag).
    4. After you add the new email address, select Make primary to set it as your primary email address for your Microsoft account.
    5. Under the Email addresses section, select Remove next to the old email address that you no longer want to use. You may need to enter a security code to confirm this action. After you complete these steps, you should be able to sign in to your Microsoft account and Xbox services with your new email address.

Please note that if you want to remove the old email address (which was hacked), you should wait 30 days. During these 30 days, your old email address can help you recover your account if any issues arise.

If you’re still having trouble, I recommend reaching out to Xbox Live Support directly for further assistance. They have the tools and access to more deeply investigate account-related issues. You can reach them on this link: Contact us | Xbox Support. Click on "Contact Us" to chat with Live Support or request a callback.

Remember, it’s important to keep your account information secure and to not share it with anyone. Stay safe!

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Belen T.C. Win User

Hello Drunken,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Tayra87 Win User

Auto created gamertag.

If I understood you wanna yse the Email from the new Xbox account on the old one. If yes you need to change the Email for the new one first to disconnect Email and Xbox account. Then you need to change the Email alias for your old Xbox account on account.xbox.com.
    There you need to first add ne Email and then set it as primary alias for the account.
  5. Ronnieee Win User

Will changing my Microsoft account email effect my other Microsoft apps, Minecraft, Xbox(PC) etc?

No access will be removed if you change the alias. Everything will remain the same, you just need to log in to the new email once changed. 2FA will still be on that same account and yes, everything will be transferred over to the new alias. Once the original alias will be removed, it will no longer be a Microsoft account and none of your data will go with it.
  6. xPortent Win User

"Sorry, we can't change your Microsoft account right now. For more info, go to Xbox.com/AccountSwap."

For the Alias, would I just put anything? Since the alias isn't an actual email I wouldn't need to create a password for it. So then I would just make an Alias for Account 1 and make the Alias my primary and delete the email off of that account, then use
    that email as an Alias for Account 2 so then I would have the email associated with the gamer tag that I want. Right?
Thema:

1. I need to change email entirely, not just the "alias" - Similar Threads - need change email

2. Need help changing my shipping adress.

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help changing my shipping adress.: I sent my xbox in to be fixed and it should have been delivered on Monday, the currier (UPS) cannot find my address. I have contacted them but they informed me they cannot change the delivery...
  3. How often i what period do I need to change the thermal paste??

in XBoX on Consoles
    How often i what period do I need to change the thermal paste??: How often i what period do I need to change the thermal paste?? Series x 1a187cc7-a1b3-4c56-8f79-5b0135698b17
  4. Unfair communication ban. We need changes!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unfair communication ban. We need changes!: So, one random was harassing me in game, and game chat because I was refusing to engage him. Calling me bad words. Then we moved to xbox messaging, where I told him that he was not a good person...
  5. I need to change the email and phone number connected to my xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to change the email and phone number connected to my xbox account: My best friend gave me his old xbox 1 way back in 2020, I just took over his old acount, he used that xbox from 2014-2018. I went on to spend the next 4 years now buying things and playing on this...
  6. Need to change secondary email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need to change secondary email address: I'm having an issue trying to update my Xbox account. I want to activate two step verification, but it wants to verify that it's actually me. The issue is the secondary email address it wants to...
  7. I need Help trying to get into my email for xbox how can i change my stuff i do not...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need Help trying to get into my email for xbox how can i change my stuff i do not...: I created an Xbox Live Account and no longer have access to the Phone Number or Email. I can provide Xbox ID and Card information if needed Microsoft can I get this change, please? I have tried to...
  8. I need help figuring out why my email address won't change.

in XboX Insiders
    I need help figuring out why my email address won't change.: So I've changed my email address on my Xbox Series X from my Dad's email to mine, and I waited the month, and today I got an email saying it's been changed, but when I restarted my Xbox it still...
  9. I need to change my recovery email to match my regular email I no longer have access to the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to change my recovery email to match my regular email I no longer have access to the...: I need to change my recovery email to match my regular email I no longer have access to the old email 761fe2f8-e160-4fc6-811f-536c2604635c
  10. email got deleted from my xbox account and need to change it

in XBoX Accessibility
    email got deleted from my xbox account and need to change it: Hello xbox, So a year so my 1st email got deleted and this email had my xbox account and i was wondering if you guy could help with that cause i wanna change this email but my old email that got...