I need to be online or own a copy of the game to playof the game

Discus and support I need to be online or own a copy of the game to playof the game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Recently changed over to the new gen console xbox series x and ever since I've been having an issue loading up my games . I keep receiving an error... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CoreyForde1, Jun 9, 2021.

1. CoreyForde1
    CoreyForde1 Guest

Recently changed over to the new gen console xbox series x and ever since I've been having an issue loading up my games . I keep receiving an error saying I either have to own the game to play or I need to have an internet connection to play.

:)

CoreyForde1, Jun 9, 2021
  2. XBF Meryem R Win User

Hello there!

Regarding the error message you are getting, you will need first to make sure that the games you are trying to play are owned by the account that you are signed in with.

Please try following the steps on this link View your Microsoft Store order history in order to check your orders history, and make sure that you own those games on the account, and that they were not shared by another one.

Try also to check and make sure that those games were not installed from a subscription for free and now the subscription has expired.

Go to settings> account> subscriptions.

Also make sure to check that your internet connection is set up correctly.

Network settings on Xbox | Xbox Support
  3. SMOKIE OUTLAW Win User

saints row online pass

Online code comes with the game. check the manual unless you brought. a pre owned copy. And you don't need online pass to play mw3.
  4. FirstRespond3r Win User

So my question deals with the online thingy.

You bought those games digitally? You need to be connected online in order for the system to authenticate that you really do own those games. It's the same on PS4 with their digital games. The solution would be to but physical copies of the game.
  5. Airiak Win User

Red Dead 2

Yes, you can play RDR2 online together. But you'd need your own copies of the game and gold subs. But don't skip the single player campaign, it is honestly the best part of the game.
  6. DOA B34ST Win User

Two Xbox Ones in same household. How to manage Xbox Live?

In order for you to each play online - you will need your own seperate xbox live accounts. In addition, you'll each need a copy of the game you wish to play or a digital license for each game on each xbox live account.
Thema:

1. I need to be online or own a copy of the game to playof the game - Similar Threads - need online own

2. I need help playing Minecraft online again

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help playing Minecraft online again: I've been playing Minecraft online on my Xbox for years and it's had no problem but when I got a monthly game pass and it ended Minecraft just said something like "you can't play online because...
  3. GTA online. Let’s play! I need friends. lol

in XboX Insiders
    GTA online. Let’s play! I need friends. lol: Do it submitted by /u/Ok-Report-6784 [link] [comments]
  4. Do I really need “Game Pass Ultimate” to play rainbow 6: Siege Online?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I really need “Game Pass Ultimate” to play rainbow 6: Siege Online?: I downloaded R6 after having it in my cloud for a couple years. I try to play an online match and it keeps telling me to buy “gamepass ultimate” but I literally own gamepass “for console” and have...
  5. Why do I need online to install many xbox one games like:

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I need online to install many xbox one games like:: Why do I need to install games via online like- Mass Effect Legendary Edition Planet Coaster Walking Dead Destinies Jurassic world Evolution 2 c6839a48-e4f5-42bf-8ab0-ad59478ae1af
  6. My ark ascended is not working for me. It keeps saying I need to be signed in to play online.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My ark ascended is not working for me. It keeps saying I need to be signed in to play online.: I've tried everything. I Uninstalled it twice. Did a hard reboot 3x. I shut it down correctly then opened it back up. I even tried to do everything through xbox app. And still nothing. Please...
  7. What xbox 360 game doesn't need xbox live subscription for online multiplayer gaming in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What xbox 360 game doesn't need xbox live subscription for online multiplayer gaming in...: What xbox 360 game doesn't need xbox live for online multiplayer gaming in 2023 december? Thanks for the help! :) e0847f0f-9c6d-45f3-a210-034bd52aa141
  8. How do I fix my GTA online it say I need premison but I got game pass and been reaching all...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix my GTA online it say I need premison but I got game pass and been reaching all...: My gta5 will not let me play it’s saying your profile needs promision to access gta online all day resherching and I can’t get it working ab258064-30d4-4c18-94f6-1198739b3e67
  9. my Xbox ultimate needed to be renewed, so I renewed it. it still won't let me play online...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox ultimate needed to be renewed, so I renewed it. it still won't let me play online...: Xbox ultimate not letting me play online 56fc6e64-b842-4deb-a94e-115cf6c2fd21
  10. why do digital games need an online check in for it to work including free demos.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why do digital games need an online check in for it to work including free demos.: I use my xbox one offline and play a mixture of free games and demos that I downloaded off the microsoft store. and I do a one time online check in on the games by launching the game once and go...