I need some help as my account has been hacked

Discus and support I need some help as my account has been hacked in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, I have unfortunately just been hacked last night and was wondering what I could do to regain my account. I do however have the person's email as... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Lewis Hefren, Oct 16, 2023.

1. Lewis Hefren
    Lewis Hefren Guest

Hi, I have unfortunately just been hacked last night and was wondering what I could do to regain my account. I do however have the person's email as when I tried to sign in to the hacked account, it popped up with an unknown email that was controlling my account. I have set up a new account but all of my purchases and game pass are still on my old account and I would very much like them back. I can go into a bit more depth about the issue if need be and if someone would be willing to help me that would be amazing.

Cheers

:)

Lewis Hefren, Oct 16, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

I totally understand where you are coming from.

I'm afraid the only best option now is to reach out to Microsoft Xbox Support for further assistance immediately as they have the tools and resources to investigate and possibly escalate this case.

Kindly follow the steps I have provided above to contact them as soon as possible.

Just a gentle reminder that we are only Xbox gamers just like you here in this community forum. We are not Microsoft employees and we do not have the tools to access your account or any Microsoft System.

Best regards,
    Darhyl
  3. Lewis Hefren Win User

Hi Darhyl,

I'm sorry but this information does not help me.

I've tried to do what the links tell me to do but there is something about my security info only being allowed to change once per 30 days resulting in my not being able to change it back to my original email.

If there is anything you can do please let me know as I fear my account could get quite easily compromised again.

Regards,

Lewis
  4. Darhyl Amizola Win User

I appreciate the response, Lewis! I'm glad you're able to recover your Microsoft account.

Based on your description, it seems the hackers have added their security information and most likely still have control over your account.

In this case, you will need to reach out to Microsoft Xbox Support for further escalation as they have the tools and resources to properly investigate this case and possibly remove the security information of the hackers from your account.

Try to contact them either through live chat or call back support. Here's how:

Chat Support:

> Visit the Xbox Support website: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us/
    > Click on the "Contact Us" button in the right of the screen.
    > Select the issue you need help with and click on the "Next" option.
    > Sign in to your Microsoft account.
    > Follow the prompts to connect to a live chat agent.

For Callback Support:

> Select Xbox One
    > Select See more options then subscription changes
    > Select Show Contact options
    > Select Request a call from support

Once they call explain the issue and they will be able to help you. Note that these options regularly change so just keep selecting something that gives a request for a call from support as a contact option.

If you're unable to contact them, try again at a later time.

You may also check these links for reference:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-support/988332e4-631f-457c-8bc8-210e7a19be37

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ive-chat/b75d470e-8c19-4399-bcc9-e6e0bc2ec2fd

I hope this information helps!

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  5. Lewis Hefren Win User

Hi Darhyl,

I have managed to log into the account and have changed my password but the email the account is linked to is the hackers, not mine and it won't let me change the email back. Is there anyway I could do this?
  6. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi Lewis! I'm more than happy to help you!

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Microsoft Xbox account being compromised. I understand how frustrating this is and I would totally feel the same way if I were in your shoes. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

Kindly follow the instructions in the interactive tool using the link below in order to recover your account:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-account-24ca907d-bcdf-a44b-4656-47f0cd89c245

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
Thema:

1. I need some help as my account has been hacked - Similar Threads - need help account

2. Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5: I used to play Minecraft alot but I needed to get another Microsoft account to go with my updated and new email, so dumbly of Me, when I signed out of Minecraft, I didn't press the unlink button...
  3. I need help with an accountant enquiry

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help with an accountant enquiry: My account has been used fraudulently be7b8976-912a-4438-ad27-6ac4c8545b59
  4. I need help my for my account to see if any might happen

in XboX Insiders
    I need help my for my account to see if any might happen: Will a 24 hour pfp suspension affect my account in any way? I’ve never been banned or suspended before so please help. submitted by /u/Ancient_Sample_1371 [link] [comments]
  5. Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn: I play on ps5 and I am unable to sign into my Microsoft account for Minecraft, stating I already have an account linked to my psn but I unfortunately lost access to the email or information linked...
  6. Need help to remove an old account from Xbox that got an access pin

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help to remove an old account from Xbox that got an access pin: I recently bought a second hand series X, when I’ve got it home and tried it out, all works fine as it should but the old users account is still on the machine. My main problem is removing the...
  7. I need help with my account and xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help with my account and xbox: I haven't used my xbox since friday, went to use it yesterday on Monday and it was fine until Monday evening when everything was slow and if I clicked on a app it would freeze for a minute then it...
  8. I need help finding out which microsoft account is connected to my PlayStation account can...

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help finding out which microsoft account is connected to my PlayStation account can...: Basically my PlayStation account on minecraft Isn’t letting me sign in and I’ve tried multiple accounts to determine which one it is and its not even telling me which one it is. Can anyone please...
  9. i need help with continuas charges on my microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    i need help with continuas charges on my microsoft account: i continue to have $1.00 charges on my bill daily. What is it and how do I stop it 892b67e2-2b33-443e-ac91-e5da905705a6
  10. I need to unlink my EA account from xbox and EA is no help

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to unlink my EA account from xbox and EA is no help: So a few years ago I changed internet providers and my email with them was the one associated with EA I really was not using it at the time and forgot about it. Fast forward to now and there are...