I need help with family sharing

Discus and support I need help with family sharing in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Recently my friend gave me his microsoft store account but I already have an account so I tried to share the games within family. I think I can... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Musa BerÅŸan BOLHOCALIOÄžLU, Dec 4, 2023.

1. I need help with family sharing

Recently my friend gave me his microsoft store account but I already have an account so I tried to share the games within family. I think I can download the games from my friend's old account but in my library I can only see my games or if I login with the other account it shows its games. Is there a way I can see both of the libraries and use them?

Thank you.

:)

Musa BerÅŸan BOLHOCALIOÄžLU, Dec 4, 2023
  2. Jose Martinez_22 Win User

Hello Musa. my name is Jose, I am an independent advisor.

Member of the Xbox community like you and I will gladly try to help you with any questions or problems you have, remember that this is a public support forum for the Xbox community, which means that we are players like you, we are not employees of Xbox or Microsoft and we do not have access to any account or user information.

Yes, there is a way to be able to see both libraries and use them. To do this, you must add your friend's account to your Microsoft family group. Once you've added your friend's account, you'll be able to see their games in your game library.

To add your friend's account to your family group, follow these steps:

Open the "Settings" app on your Xbox console.

Select "Account."

Select "Family and other users."

Select "Add Family Member."

Select "Add a family member."

Enter the email address of your friend's account.

Follow the on-screen instructions to add your friend's account.

You can also change your family settings so that everyone in your party can see all the games that are available. To do this, follow these steps:

Open the "Settings" app on your Xbox console.

Select "Account."

Select "Family and other users."

Select "Manage Family Members."

Select your friend's account name.

Select "Family Settings."

Activate the option "All family members can see all games."

Once you've turned this on, everyone in your party will be able to see all the games that are available, regardless of who purchased them.

I hope this information is useful to you, I hope you have a good day.

Sincerely.
    Jose.
  3. BerÅŸan BolhocalıoÄ Win User

Hello Musa. my name is Jose, I am an independent advisor. Member of the Xbox community like you and I will gladly try to help you with any questions or problems you have, remember that this is a public support forum for the Xbox community, which means that we are players like you, we are not employees of Xbox or Microsoft and we do not have access to any account or user information. Yes, there is a way to be able to see both libraries and use them. To do this, you must add your friend's account to your Microsoft family group. Once you've added your friend's account, you'll be able to see their games in your game library. To add your friend's account to your family group, follow these steps: Open the "Settings" app on your Xbox console. Select "Account." Select "Family and other users." Select "Add Family Member." Select "Add a family member." Enter the email address of your friend's account. Follow the on-screen instructions to add your friend's account. You can also change your family settings so that everyone in your party can see all the games that are available. To do this, follow these steps: Open the "Settings" app on your Xbox console. Select "Account." Select "Family and other users." Select "Manage Family Members." Select your friend's account name. Select "Family Settings." Activate the option "All family members can see all games." Once you've turned this on, everyone in your party will be able to see all the games that are available, regardless of who purchased them. I hope this information is useful to you, I hope you have a good day. Sincerely. Jose.
    Hi. Thank you for explaining that but the thing is I already add it to my family. And I tried to do that library thing you told I couldn't find the settings in question. You said ''...on your Xbox console'' and I am trying to do that on my PC. Is it because of that maybe? I really would be happy if you can help to see all games on library on PC.

Thank you.
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

5. Jose Martinez_22 Win User

Hi Musa B,

Now with more information that your case is on a PC, the solution for family sharing on PC is as follows:

Hello Musa, I understand your situation. If you're using a PC and want to view shared libraries, here's how to do it:

Open the "Microsoft Store" application on your PC.

Sign in with the account that has access to the shared games.

In the upper-right corner, click on your avatar and select "Settings".

From the dropdown menu, choose "Account Settings".

Look for the option "Family and other users" or "Family settings". There, you should be able to view and manage linked accounts.

If you've already added your friend's account to your family, verify that it's configured correctly, and both accounts are linked.

To view games from the other account, make sure you're using the correct account when signing in to the Microsoft Store.

If you continue to experience issues, consider restarting the application or even restarting your PC to apply the changes.

Keep in mind that specific options may vary depending on software updates and application versions, but these steps should give you a general idea of how to
    address the issue on your PC.

I hope this helps you see and enjoy the shared games. If this doesn't resolve your issue, it would be best to conclude the conversation to make way for another
    community expert since this is all the knowledge I currently possess. Good luck!

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help.

Best regards,
    Jose.
  6. Daniel6591 Win User

THIS IS ***

People need to stop moaning about family sharing. Just because microsoft was going to allow you to share your game with 10 people does not mean the publishers will. They would have had the ability to block family sharing i believe. Questions for family sharing
    were left unanswered. Would players be able to play multiplayer through the sharing function? I would not be surprised if this family sharing was for singleplayer only. I am sorry, but i would rather take no drm and no always online check thing then a feature
    that could possibly turn out to suck tremendously.
Thema:

1. I need help with family sharing - Similar Threads - need help family

2. Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5: I used to play Minecraft alot but I needed to get another Microsoft account to go with my updated and new email, so dumbly of Me, when I signed out of Minecraft, I didn't press the unlink button...
  3. Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly

in XboX Insiders
    Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly: Every time I open a game the title screen will load visually but it will stay there and nothing will change but I can hear the audio as if the game did open and is running fine. How do I fix this?...
  4. I need help with ssd in xbox, 400gb of space dissappears

in XboX Insiders
    I need help with ssd in xbox, 400gb of space dissappears: So i have an 960gb ssd , xbox formats it and leaves about 400gb unallocated, i cant really play alot of games with 365gb of storage for games. What do i do, if i assign the unallocated space in my...
  5. I need help with Xbox cloud gaming.

in XboX Insiders
    I need help with Xbox cloud gaming.: So I have been playing fallout 76 with my friends in my Xbox series s. One of them was playing with Xbox cloud gaming on his laptop that had an rtx 3060. He told me it wasn’t laggy at all. Today I...
  6. I need help signing in minecraft on PlayStation

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help signing in minecraft on PlayStation: I have gone on Minecraft then went to sign in Microsoft Account then scannedthe QR code and did my details then i verified and then its said you are safe the close this window.I go on my Ps4 then...
  7. Need help with a Japanese Xbox 360

in XboX Insiders
    Need help with a Japanese Xbox 360: Hey, so I bought a Japanese region Xbox 360 and I can't get it to connect to my wifi. When I try it says it can't connect to my router/network. Also when it detects my network it sees it but says...
  8. Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console...: Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console and a minute before that it let me synk my other controller f32a4156-18fe-44c4-8f69-1ca1f5d06696
  9. I need help, how do I remove my kids from an old family account and allow them to accept...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help, how do I remove my kids from an old family account and allow them to accept...: I had an email address that I have deactivated because it is old. However my two kids are connected as family members and I want to remove them off the deactivated account so I can add them as...
  10. I need help with my Xbox 360 family passcode

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help with my Xbox 360 family passcode: I need help resetting family passcode 6df05ed9-032a-466b-9023-5ecda223aaa4