I need help with Dead Cells. For some reason the moment i press the play button it crashes....

Discus and support I need help with Dead Cells. For some reason the moment i press the play button it crashes.... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Null access Called from tool.SpeedrunData.saveBestRunTime (D:\Gitlab-Runner\builds\HQ33PpjF\0\motion-twin\deadcells\client\src/tool/SpeedrunData.hx... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Μάριος Αντωνόπουλος, Nov 14, 2023.

1. I need help with Dead Cells. For some reason the moment i press the play button it crashes....

Null access

Called from tool.SpeedrunData.saveBestRunTime (D:\Gitlab-Runner\builds\HQ33PpjF\0\motion-twin\deadcells\client\src/tool/SpeedrunData.hx line 44)

Called from tool.SpeedrunData.newGame (D:\Gitlab-Runner\builds\HQ33PpjF\0\motion-twin\deadcells\client\src/tool/SpeedrunData.hx line 22)

Called from User.endMainGame (D:\Gitlab-Runner\builds\HQ33PpjF\0\motion-twin\deadcells\client\src/User.hx line 569)

Called from tool.$Save.tryLoad (D:\Gitlab-Runner\builds\HQ33PpjF\0\motion-twin\deadcells\client\src/tool/Save.hx line 185)

Called from pr.TitleScreen.playMenu (D:\Gitlab-Runner\builds\HQ33PpjF\0\motion-twin\deadcells\client\src/pr/TitleScreen.hx line 422)

Called from pr.TitleScreen.~mainMenu.0 (D:\Gitlab-Runner\builds\HQ33PpjF\0\motion-twin\deadcells\client\src/pr/TitleScreen.hx line 345)

Called from pr.TitleScreen.~addMenu.0 (D:\Gitlab-Runner\builds\HQ33PpjF\0\motion-twin\deadcells\client\src/pr/TitleScreen.hx line 687)

Called from h2d.Interactive.handleEvent (D:\Gitlab-Runner\builds\HQ33PpjF\0\motion-twin\deadcells\client\.haxelib\heaps/git-haxe4,0,2/h2d/Interactive.hx line 163)

Called from h2d.Scene.handleEvent (D:\Gitlab-Runner\builds\HQ33PpjF\0\motion-twin\deadcells\client\.haxelib\heaps/git-haxe4,0,2/h2d/Scene.hx line 312)

Called from hxd.SceneEvents.emitEvent (D:\Gitlab-Runner\builds\HQ33PpjF\0\motion-twin\deadcells\client\.haxelib\heaps/git-haxe4,0,2/hxd/SceneEvents.hx line 128)

Called from hxd.SceneEvents.checkEvents (D:\Gitlab-Runner\builds\HQ33PpjF\0\motion-twin\deadcells\client\.haxelib\heaps/git-haxe4,0,2/hxd/SceneEvents.hx line 279)

Called from hxd.App.mainLoop (D:\Gitlab-Runner\builds\HQ33PpjF\0\motion-twin\deadcells\client\.haxelib\heaps/git-haxe4,0,2/hxd/App.hx line 159)

Called from Boot.mainLoop (D:\Gitlab-Runner\builds\HQ33PpjF\0\motion-twin\deadcells\client\src/Boot.hx line 735)

Called from hxd.$System.mainLoop (D:\Gitlab-Runner\builds\HQ33PpjF\0\motion-twin\deadcells\client\.haxelib\heaps/git-haxe4,0,2/hxd/System.hl.hx line 70)

Called from hxd.$System.runMainLoop (D:\Gitlab-Runner\builds\HQ33PpjF\0\motion-twin\deadcells\client\.haxelib\heaps/git-haxe4,0,2/hxd/System.hl.hx line 127)

Called from module @0x941FFC00

Called from haxe.$Timer.~delay.0 (D:\Gitlab-Runner\builds\HQ33PpjF\0\motion-twin\deadcells\client\.tools\haxe\std/haxe/Timer.hx line 143)

Called from haxe.$Timer.~__constructor__.0 (D:\Gitlab-Runner\builds\HQ33PpjF\0\motion-twin\deadcells\client\.tools\haxe\std/haxe/Timer.hx line 76)

Called from haxe.$MainLoop.tick (D:\Gitlab-Runner\builds\HQ33PpjF\0\motion-twin\deadcells\client\.tools\haxe\std/haxe/MainLoop.hx line 174)

Called from haxe.$EntryPoint.processEvents (D:\Gitlab-Runner\builds\HQ33PpjF\0\motion-twin\deadcells\client\.tools\haxe\std/haxe/EntryPoint.hx line 99)

Called from haxe.$EntryPoint.run (D:\Gitlab-Runner\builds\HQ33PpjF\0\motion-twin\deadcells

This is what pops after i press the play button...

Please help me fix this... I tried to reistall the game or start it from the xbox app but still nothing...

:)

Μάριος Αντωνόπουλος, Nov 14, 2023
  2. Kyepernicus Win User

Game Pass PC

No error message the game up has a quick popup and then disappears. If I mash the play button for dead cells it opens like 20 dead cell windows, lets me play for like 30 sec then crashes.

I havent re-installed it yet, I downloaded it yesterday so I felt like that is kind of redundant to have to do that. Could be wrong.

Ill give it a go.

No worries, Dead Cells is bosssss

*UPDATE*

Just uninstalled xbox and reinstalled. Same issue, no fix. Thoughts?
  3. KhajiBower34 Win User

I need help with Dead Cells. For some reason the moment i press the play button it crashes. However when i try to make an other slot the game plays just fine, but by doing that i lose all my progress.

Hello Μάριος Α, My name is Khaji I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

The error message you provided indicates that there might be a problem with the game's save data or speedrun data. Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. You can try deleting the local save data for Dead Cells. This will reset your progress, but it may help resolve any issues with the save files. The location of the save data can vary depending on your platform, but it's typically found in a "Save" or "GameSave" folder within the game's installation directory. Make sure to back up your save files before deleting them.

2. Ensure that you have the latest version of Dead Cells installed. Developers often release patches and updates that address known issues and improve game stability. Check for any available updates through the game launcher or platform store.

3. Some software or background processes on your computer may interfere with the game. Temporarily disable antivirus software, firewall, or any other applications that could potentially conflict with Dead Cells.

4. If none of the above steps resolve the issue, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling Dead Cells. This will give you a fresh installation of the game, which may help resolve any underlying issues.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  4. Logan Lebo Win User

What do we do if dead cells keep crashing on Xbox one

Just woke up a hour ago and wanted to play something on the Xbox. Loaded dead cells up and tried to play but it crashed. Restarted the Xbox, nothing. Finaly I tested the daily challenges and that worked but main game still wont.
  5. BaDdawg 865 Win User

Dead cells crashing

Same thing happens to me. Opens to the menu, then crashes.
  6. Onyx Is Here Win User

Dead cells crashing

Sorry to hear it. Please make sure that your PC, apps and graphics drivers do not have any pending updates. Also, make sure you're logging into the PC as well as the Xbox Companion App with your Xbox Live account
Thema:

I need help with Dead Cells. For some reason the moment i press the play button it crashes....

1. I need help with Dead Cells. For some reason the moment i press the play button it crashes.... - Similar Threads - need help Dead

2. Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5: I used to play Minecraft alot but I needed to get another Microsoft account to go with my updated and new email, so dumbly of Me, when I signed out of Minecraft, I didn't press the unlink button...
  3. Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly

in XboX Insiders
    Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly: Every time I open a game the title screen will load visually but it will stay there and nothing will change but I can hear the audio as if the game did open and is running fine. How do I fix this?...
  4. I need help installing Red Dead Redemption 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help installing Red Dead Redemption 2: I am encountering the message "instillation stopped" when trying to install red dead redemption 2 on my xbox series x I own the game I have tried a hard reset by removing the power cable for at...
  5. Xbox One with HDD Dead, with insider OS version. needing help

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One with HDD Dead, with insider OS version. needing help: Hi, i have a xbox one fat version, my hdd fail, it dont read anymore, i am insider program, the OSU dont work. I need System Update content folder A and B from someone with the same OS version...
  6. Have come to a dead end, need help on how to proceed

in XBoX Accessibility
    Have come to a dead end, need help on how to proceed: Ok this is a little complicated and mixed issue. I have recently opened two microsoft accounts as in two seperate emails that are not connected to any other accounts I have. I normally do not...
  7. I need help to get my 15,00 Reward Points after the pre-order for the Dead Rising 4 Deluxe ...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I need help to get my 15,00 Reward Points after the pre-order for the Dead Rising 4 Deluxe ...: I preorder Dead Rising 4 Deluxe Edition but I need help getting my 15k reward points, If anyone could help out with that it be great thanks. Xbox Live Rewards 30dbcac0-479b-4327-b792-3db4751b7ed3
  8. Red Dead Redemption won't start. Need Help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Red Dead Redemption won't start. Need Help: Hello, I have kinda big problem here. I just redeemed my "Red Dead Redemtion" Code with my Xbox One. Everything worked fine. I installed the game with no errors, but when I try to start, my...
  9. Need help with a black screen upon loading the walking dead game s2 ep5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help with a black screen upon loading the walking dead game s2 ep5: Idk if I'm in the right spot. Have been trying to figure out how to post a question for a while now..... I have the season pass for the walking dead game by tale tell game so today I downloaded...
  10. Helping new or fresh players to dead space 3 or people who need help with the game !

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Helping new or fresh players to dead space 3 or people who need help with the game !: If anyone needs help or wants a coop partner add me or send message also have a mic please 1eb515b0-9fde-4911-8803-9e3d50a1d5c2