I need help, how do I remove my kids from an old family account and allow them to accept...

Discus and support I need help, how do I remove my kids from an old family account and allow them to accept... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I had an email address that I have deactivated because it is old. However my two kids are connected as family members and I want to remove them off the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Chelsea Gochenour, Dec 26, 2023.

1. I need help, how do I remove my kids from an old family account and allow them to accept...

I had an email address that I have deactivated because it is old. However my two kids are connected as family members and I want to remove them off the deactivated account so I can add them as family members under my new account. Please help me.

*Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Other*

:)

Chelsea Gochenour, Dec 26, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

I need help, how do I remove my kids from an old family account and allow them to accept the invite to be added to the family group on my new account?

Hello Chelsea!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To remove your kids from the old family account, you will need to sign into the old account and remove them from the family group. Since you have mentioned that the organizer Microsoft account has an old, deactivated email address, you may still be able to access the Microsoft account. just by entering the same password and the email address of the account.

Here are the steps to do so:

1. Sign into the old account at account.microsoft.com/family.

2. Select the child you want to remove from the family group.

3. Select "Remove from family group" and confirm the action.

Once you have removed your kids from the old family account, you can then send them an invite to join your new family group. Here are the steps to do so:

1. Sign into your new account at account.microsoft.com/family.

2. Select "Add a family member."

3. Enter your child's email address and select "Send invite."

4. Your child will receive an email invitation to join your family group. They will need to accept the invitation to join.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

I need help, how do I remove my kids from an old family account and allow them to accept the invite to be added to the family group on my new account?

Good day!

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com).

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Jacyintha Win User

Adding Family

Have you tried removing him from the parental account first?

Sign in on the parental account. Go to settings > Family (do this from the dashboard, not the guide)

Kid account should show up there. Select it and remove from family.

You'll either be able to try adding them right away or will just need to set the primary account as the parent.
  5. Player002304943 Win User

Xbox One X console: Minecraft from disc will not allow guest account to play

Thanks. However the visitors are kids (for the moment 8 year olds), so this would need to be an age restricted account.

Would I need to create this as a family account, and then pay for it as I needed to do for my child's account?

Also, I would like to understand why all other games are accepting the Xbox One X functinality of temporary visitor accounts, but Minecraft does not. Is there a bug in Minecraft Xbox One disc version?
  6. NewBlacksmurf Win User

Family (features on Xbox One need a way to manage family members)

The problem is my brother was removed from my family months ago.

He was removed and deleted from my Xbox one because my parental settings prevented him from playing x360 games and content.

Problem #2 is that Microsoft allows other adults to break up a family

Problem #3 Microsoft does not give control to the parents of the kids so basically this system allows "kidnapping"

I can't log into my brothers profile because his profile is not on my console nor can I add him because I don't have his password or the text password which is good for security.

Microsoft needs to pair kids with one to two parents and not allow parents to be removed from a family. That's an oversight.

As of now I'm stuck and my kids are stuck until he comes back into town.

PS please fix the forums as I couldn't reply for hours (8+)
Thema:

I need help, how do I remove my kids from an old family account and allow them to accept...

1. I need help, how do I remove my kids from an old family account and allow them to accept... - Similar Threads - need help remove

2. Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5: I used to play Minecraft alot but I needed to get another Microsoft account to go with my updated and new email, so dumbly of Me, when I signed out of Minecraft, I didn't press the unlink button...
  3. Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly

in XboX Insiders
    Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly: Every time I open a game the title screen will load visually but it will stay there and nothing will change but I can hear the audio as if the game did open and is running fine. How do I fix this?...
  4. I need help with ssd in xbox, 400gb of space dissappears

in XboX Insiders
    I need help with ssd in xbox, 400gb of space dissappears: So i have an 960gb ssd , xbox formats it and leaves about 400gb unallocated, i cant really play alot of games with 365gb of storage for games. What do i do, if i assign the unallocated space in my...
  5. I need help with Xbox cloud gaming.

in XboX Insiders
    I need help with Xbox cloud gaming.: So I have been playing fallout 76 with my friends in my Xbox series s. One of them was playing with Xbox cloud gaming on his laptop that had an rtx 3060. He told me it wasn’t laggy at all. Today I...
  6. I need help signing in minecraft on PlayStation

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help signing in minecraft on PlayStation: I have gone on Minecraft then went to sign in Microsoft Account then scannedthe QR code and did my details then i verified and then its said you are safe the close this window.I go on my Ps4 then...
  7. Need help to remove an old account from Xbox that got an access pin

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help to remove an old account from Xbox that got an access pin: I recently bought a second hand series X, when I’ve got it home and tried it out, all works fine as it should but the old users account is still on the machine. My main problem is removing the...
  8. i need help to remove my fortnite account from one microsoft account then transfer to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i need help to remove my fortnite account from one microsoft account then transfer to...: Hi I linked my Fortnite account to my father's Microsoft account a while back and now my father is complaining that he has all his personal information on that account and doesn't want any games...
  9. Can you call me at [mod removed] I need help changing my number on Xbox it’s my number of...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you call me at [mod removed] I need help changing my number on Xbox it’s my number of...: Can you call me back at [mod removed] 1a55fa2c-6bca-4919-8700-5fe5fa77da24
  10. Someone has created an xbox account with my email account. I NEED HELP TO REMOVE IT!!!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Someone has created an xbox account with my email account. I NEED HELP TO REMOVE IT!!!: Someone has created an xbox account on my email account & i think it was from when i was hacked 3 years ago and i cannot get rid of it. I have changed my passwords, security ect. All i want to...