I need help HDD wont show as install location

Discus and support I need help HDD wont show as install location in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi guys i currently am having an issue when trying to install games via games pass i am unable to see my HDD via the install page i have tried... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Saintsrage69, Jul 18, 2023.

1. Saintsrage69
    Saintsrage69 Guest

Hi guys i currently am having an issue when trying to install games via games pass i am unable to see my HDD via the install page i have tried formatting the drive again change default install locations the Microsoft store soft reset for install location still nothing any help is appreciated

:)

Saintsrage69, Jul 18, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi there! I'll do my best to help.

Are you using a Windows 10 or Windows 11 machine?

Make sure to install all available updates from your Windows and Microsoft Store:
    Check for Windows updates - https://support.microsoft.com/windows/update-wi...
    Get updates from Microsoft Store - https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/g...

There's a similar issue from a different thread on the link below. Kindly follow the steps where you have to alter your WindowsApps folder and might delete WpSystem folder.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

Best regards,
  3. Big Nik UK Win User

mw3 disc unreadable/not recognized need help!

Try installing the game to your HDD. If its faulty, it wont install, if it installs play from HDD and not disc.

I had this with Forza 4 and installing solved the issue!

hope this helps
  4. OgreRha Win User

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Keeps Pausing Installation from Disk

Hey Blastoise1215

Check to make sure its installing in the right location and only has one install

i.e. like its not installing internally and on a HDD - also make sure you have enough space on installation location

and yes classic reason why stuff wont install from disc could be its dirty - had this problem last night with a game and console not to be mentioned here LOL

Hope this helps

Your Pal
  5. Frathos Win User

Xbox Installation Stopped

Are the games needing updates installed on the internal HDD? Do you have enough free space on the internal HDD? AFAIK, game updates are installed to the same HDD where the game is located. Try moving games from the internal HDD to the external HDD and
    then attempt to update them.
  6. Holbath Win User

Console still plays from disc while game is installed on harddrive.

Hi again

The issue is, even if i install a game to harddrive (no matter what game i put in and install) and then runs it (hdd icon shows up as source to run from) the game still plays from the disc (i know it always bootup from the drive) and wont stop, so the game
    plays from the disc constantly instead of the hdd.
Thema:

1. I need help HDD wont show as install location - Similar Threads - need help HDD

2. Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5: I used to play Minecraft alot but I needed to get another Microsoft account to go with my updated and new email, so dumbly of Me, when I signed out of Minecraft, I didn't press the unlink button...
  3. Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly

in XboX Insiders
    Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly: Every time I open a game the title screen will load visually but it will stay there and nothing will change but I can hear the audio as if the game did open and is running fine. How do I fix this?...
  4. I need help with ssd in xbox, 400gb of space dissappears

in XboX Insiders
    I need help with ssd in xbox, 400gb of space dissappears: So i have an 960gb ssd , xbox formats it and leaves about 400gb unallocated, i cant really play alot of games with 365gb of storage for games. What do i do, if i assign the unallocated space in my...
  5. I need help with Xbox cloud gaming.

in XboX Insiders
    I need help with Xbox cloud gaming.: So I have been playing fallout 76 with my friends in my Xbox series s. One of them was playing with Xbox cloud gaming on his laptop that had an rtx 3060. He told me it wasn’t laggy at all. Today I...
  6. I need help signing in minecraft on PlayStation

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help signing in minecraft on PlayStation: I have gone on Minecraft then went to sign in Microsoft Account then scannedthe QR code and did my details then i verified and then its said you are safe the close this window.I go on my Ps4 then...
  7. Xbox One with HDD Dead, with insider OS version. needing help

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One with HDD Dead, with insider OS version. needing help: Hi, i have a xbox one fat version, my hdd fail, it dont read anymore, i am insider program, the OSU dont work. I need System Update content folder A and B from someone with the same OS version...
  8. I need help with my Seagate hdd

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help with my Seagate hdd: I recently bought a Seagate 2tb game drive and it worked perfectly but yesterday I bought halo the master chief collection and I wanted to go on the internal hard drive but instead it went to the...
  9. Need help please xbox hdd swap error e101

in XboX Insiders
    Need help please xbox hdd swap error e101: Trying to upgrade hdd but I'm an insider so I'm getting e101 errors since the update is older how can I get the new update on USB orxim stuck with a broken xbox submitted by /u/cmp2005 [link]...
  10. I need someone with knowledge of the xbox 360 and the external hdd to help

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need someone with knowledge of the xbox 360 and the external hdd to help: Where to begin? I want to say I have 750gb western digital hdd with a usb powered enclosure kit(right now I have 514 digital games between my 250 gb slim hdd and the external). I recently had on...