I need help formatting my storage device. How do i set it up? When it is plugged in, I have...

Discus and support I need help formatting my storage device. How do i set it up? When it is plugged in, I have... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have no pc to format my new storage device. I try to use this on my xbox to store games and apps but when it is plugged in, it is recognised but I do... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AlfieHX, Dec 29, 2022.

1. AlfieHX
    AlfieHX Guest

I need help formatting my storage device. How do i set it up? When it is plugged in, I have...

I have no pc to format my new storage device. I try to use this on my xbox to store games and apps but when it is plugged in, it is recognised but I do not receive a pop up. When i watch the videos they all get pop ups. Most say about formatting in which i have no option of when loading on and cannot format it in settings. Please help

:)

AlfieHX, Dec 29, 2022
  2. andersonpassos Win User

I need help formatting my storage device. How do i set it up? When it is plugged in, I have no pop up asking about formatting it and cannot go into setting to do this either. Please help

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

On your Xbox, go to the "Settings" menu.

From the "Settings" menu, select "System".

From the "System" menu, select "Storage".

From the "Storage" menu, select the storage device that you want to format.

Once the storage device is selected, you should see an option to "Format" or "Initialize" the device.

Select the "Format" or "Initialize" option and follow the prompts to complete the process.

Keep in mind that formatting a storage device will erase all data on the device, so make sure that you have backed up any important files before proceeding. If you are unable to access the "Format" or "Initialize" option, it is possible that the storage device is not compatible with your Xbox or is not properly connected. In this case, you may need to try using a different storage device or consulting the Xbox support team for further assistance.
  3. DangerousBard Win User

Hard drive content missing.

How to format a storage device

When you format a storage device, all of the information saved on that device is erased and cannot be recovered. Make sure that you either do not want the information stored on that device or have backed up the information to another device before you continue.

To format a storage device

Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.

Select Storage or Memory.

Select the storage device that you want to format, and then press Y on your controller.

Select Format. You will see the following message:

This will delete all content on this device. Do you wish to continue?

Select Yes to format the storage device.
  4. NF Jedi Win User

COD: Bo2 Downloading DLC Issues:

You can try formatting the device you are trying to use. Sometimes when you plug a usb device to the 360 you have to go to your memory settings and select configure device so it will set it up as a storage device for your Xbox360.
  5. EggsBoxJuan Win User

System unable to install system update

Hi Draconicly,

That error code could be a problem with your storage device. If your console still reaches the dashboard then go to settings/ system/ storage. How much free space does your storage device show ? If it's less than 200Mb then you'd need to delete something
    to free up some space for the update.

-

If the device shows as unformatted there is a chance that formatting the storage device could get your xbox up and running again. If the storage device doesn't show at all or won't format then it's time to arrange a repair.

-

If you could take a look at the storage device and post back what you see if you need further assistance then please do.

-

To format a storage device, go to settings/ system/ storage, highlight the storage device and press Y on the controller, you will see the format option. Select that option and follow the instructions on screen.
  6. The Buddha Seb Win User

Removing Account

here is the HD format process

Format a storage device

Important When you format a storage device, all of the information saved on that device is erased and cannot be recovered. Make sure that you either do not want the information stored on that device or have backed up the information to another device before
    you continue.

To format a storage device

1.Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.

2.Select Storage or Memory.

3.Select the storage device that you want to format, and then press Y on your controller.

4.Select Format. You will see the following message:

This will delete all content on this device. Do you wish to continue?

5.Select Yes to format the storage device.

6.If you are asked to enter your console serial number, do so, and then select Done. This step helps to guard against accidental formatting.
Thema:

1. I need help formatting my storage device. How do i set it up? When it is plugged in, I have... - Similar Threads - need help formatting

2. Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5: I used to play Minecraft alot but I needed to get another Microsoft account to go with my updated and new email, so dumbly of Me, when I signed out of Minecraft, I didn't press the unlink button...
  3. Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly

in XboX Insiders
    Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly: Every time I open a game the title screen will load visually but it will stay there and nothing will change but I can hear the audio as if the game did open and is running fine. How do I fix this?...
  4. I need help with ssd in xbox, 400gb of space dissappears

in XboX Insiders
    I need help with ssd in xbox, 400gb of space dissappears: So i have an 960gb ssd , xbox formats it and leaves about 400gb unallocated, i cant really play alot of games with 365gb of storage for games. What do i do, if i assign the unallocated space in my...
  5. I need help with Xbox cloud gaming.

in XboX Insiders
    I need help with Xbox cloud gaming.: So I have been playing fallout 76 with my friends in my Xbox series s. One of them was playing with Xbox cloud gaming on his laptop that had an rtx 3060. He told me it wasn’t laggy at all. Today I...
  6. I need help signing in minecraft on PlayStation

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help signing in minecraft on PlayStation: I have gone on Minecraft then went to sign in Microsoft Account then scannedthe QR code and did my details then i verified and then its said you are safe the close this window.I go on my Ps4 then...
  7. Need help with a Japanese Xbox 360

in XboX Insiders
    Need help with a Japanese Xbox 360: Hey, so I bought a Japanese region Xbox 360 and I can't get it to connect to my wifi. When I try it says it can't connect to my router/network. Also when it detects my network it sees it but says...
  8. Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console...: Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console and a minute before that it let me synk my other controller f32a4156-18fe-44c4-8f69-1ca1f5d06696
  9. Need help on download speeds ASAP! D:

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help on download speeds ASAP! D:: So recently I've freshly installed windows 10 on my pc, everything looked normal until I installed steam and it was updating but then steam had a fatal error saying that it needs internet to...
  10. I need help with my Xbox series x. “Invalid format”

in XboX Insiders
    I need help with my Xbox series x. “Invalid format”: My Xbox series x is formatted to run at 120hz but I don’t have an hdmi 2.1 cable and the tv in my hotel isn’t 120hz. Is there a way to reset it to get it to work to be able to get a visual on...