I need genuine help with freezing/fps drops - - - please assist if possible ?

Discus and support I need genuine help with freezing/fps drops - - - please assist if possible ? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I get small fps drops like 1-2 fps and every game just freezes. For example in every game i play i get consistent 60 fps but every 2-3 min ill drop 2-3... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Vladimir Apostolovski, Dec 31, 2023.

1. I need genuine help with freezing/fps drops - - - please assist if possible ?

I get small fps drops like 1-2 fps and every game just freezes. For example in every game i play i get consistent 60 fps but every 2-3 min ill drop 2-3 fps and the game will just freeze for a second.
    This has happened in: God Of War 2018,Star Wars Jedi fallen Order, Assassins Creed Origins.
    My specs are;
    MSI B450M-A PRO MAX II
    Sapphire Pulse Rx 7600
    Ryzen 5 5600x
    16 Gb ddr4 3200mhz ram(single channel)(XMP Profile 1 enabled)
    Kingston NV2 1TB m.2 2280 NVMe Internal SSD
    Chieftec EON 600W PSU.

-I updated my BIOS to the newest version
    -Reinstalled Clean Drivers on everything
    -Enabled XMP profile 1 in BIOS

My question is what could be causing this and is there any way to fix it?

:)

Vladimir Apostolovski, Dec 31, 2023
  2. Vanessaez Win User

Hello Vladimir *., my name is Vanessa, and I would be happy to help.

Here are some things you can try to fix FPS drops and game freezing on your PC:

Verify that your hardware is working properly. Run a stress test on your CPU, GPU, and RAM to make sure there are no performance issues. You can use a tool like MemTest86 or Prime95 to perform these tests.

Update your drivers. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your graphics card, processor, and other hardware components. You can download drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Reduce the graphics settings of your games. If your PC does not meet the minimum requirements of the game, you may need to reduce the graphics settings to improve performance.

Switch to windowed or borderless window mode. Full-screen mode can cause performance issues in some games. You can try switching to windowed or borderless window mode to see if that fixes the problem.

Disable Discord or NVIDIA overlays. Discord or NVIDIA overlays can cause performance issues in some games. You can try disabling them to see if that fixes the problem.

Disable overclocking. If you have overclocked your hardware, try disabling it to see if that fixes the problem.

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help.

Best regards,
    Vanessa.
  3. II DIDIER II Win User

FPS drop and freezing

Hi MihirLonkar!

Your Xbox ONE console is designed to automatically turn off in case of lack of ventilation. Like other electrical devices, your console needs adequate ventilation. So don't worry, it's safe to play on the Xbox ONE console. But you can help if you better
    ventilate it, keep it away from any object or surface that can obstruct air circulation.
  4. Halo3Productions Win User

Brief lockups while playing Call of Duty/Halo ("The Five Lag")

I'm not talking about FPS drop. I'm talking about full out freezes.
  5. X CROZIER X Win User

So what do you guys think so far?

freezing random FPS drop (pretty bad) overall a unfinished game if it is not stable. Extremely annoying.
  6. PinaTutorials Win User

Forza Horizon 4 running at 10 fps with a gtx 1050

That is for forza horizon 3, so the step 2 won't be possible, but I will try the other methods, to see if it helps

EDIT: Nope, it did nothing, still 400+fps while loading, and sudden drop to 10+ fps, followed by the end of the loading screen, and the car loading

Feels bad man
Thema:

1. I need genuine help with freezing/fps drops - - - please assist if possible ? - Similar Threads - need genuine help

2. Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5: I used to play Minecraft alot but I needed to get another Microsoft account to go with my updated and new email, so dumbly of Me, when I signed out of Minecraft, I didn't press the unlink button...
  3. Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly

in XboX Insiders
    Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly: Every time I open a game the title screen will load visually but it will stay there and nothing will change but I can hear the audio as if the game did open and is running fine. How do I fix this?...
  4. I can’t login to my account. What do i need to do?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t login to my account. What do i need to do?: Hi my name is Emiliano and i can’t login to my minecraft account. The name is GradientDeer845, I don’t recall the email or password used to login. 13634549-16d1-4ea9-875b-fafd0b7c7491
  5. Is there a fix or should i take it for repairs and what needs repairs.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a fix or should i take it for repairs and what needs repairs.: So my xbox one is running 40fps constantly and it is very unplayable. I havent used more than 50% of my storage, i have done hard and soft resets cleared cashes and more but nothing works. Is...
  6. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  7. I need a refund

in XBoX on Windows
    I need a refund: Someone got on my game system an bought gams that I was not going to get an I need refunded 3019122b-21dc-44a3-814c-27f05756cbbd
  8. I need help with ssd in xbox, 400gb of space dissappears

in XboX Insiders
    I need help with ssd in xbox, 400gb of space dissappears: So i have an 960gb ssd , xbox formats it and leaves about 400gb unallocated, i cant really play alot of games with 365gb of storage for games. What do i do, if i assign the unallocated space in my...
  9. I need help with Xbox cloud gaming.

in XboX Insiders
    I need help with Xbox cloud gaming.: So I have been playing fallout 76 with my friends in my Xbox series s. One of them was playing with Xbox cloud gaming on his laptop that had an rtx 3060. He told me it wasn’t laggy at all. Today I...
  10. I need to contact someone that can genuinely help.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to contact someone that can genuinely help.: Over the past week I’ve been dealing with an issue, my 5 year account was banned while I was away on a trip. I came home Sunday night after a long day went to sleep woke up and came home. I turned...