I need a PSU for a xbox 360. Mine has a square peg in the middle that must be accommodated....

Discus and support I need a PSU for a xbox 360. Mine has a square peg in the middle that must be accommodated.... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox 360 2006 model takes a different kind of PSU than all those after 2006. Mine has a square peg in the middle that must be accommodated. Where can I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ricci_Allen, Mar 2, 2024.

1. Ricci_Allen
    Ricci_Allen Guest

I need a PSU for a xbox 360. Mine has a square peg in the middle that must be accommodated....

Xbox 360 2006 model takes a different kind of PSU than all those after 2006. Mine has a square peg in the middle that must be accommodated. Where can I find a PSU for it? MFG data 2006 - 10 - 18. Nothing I buy on line will fit.

:)

Ricci_Allen, Mar 2, 2024
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

I need a PSU for a xbox 360. Mine has a square peg in the middle that must be accommodated. Where can I find a PSU for it?

Xbox 360 is no longer supported by Microsoft, you'll have to go to use game shop to find one

I will warn you however that power supplies are full of capacitors and capacitors are usually the things that break in electronics, especially as they dry out with age. Your power supply is 18 years old, and so are the other ones that are compatible
  3. CAMARO Xlll Win User

Xbox Live Arcade

Its not about how many "Cores" as system has. Its a completely different architecture. Its trying to fit a square peg into a circular hole. Its not just moving it over. The game has to be redesigned completely to work on a different architecture. Maybe some
    research on the hardware used in the 360 and X1 will enlighten you and show you its not that easy.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

xbox 360 power brick

Hi beso2004l,

This question depends on what edition of Xbox 360 you have because each one comes with a different power supply unit (PSU) and the PSU's have a range of what voltage it is able to use. It's recommended to only use the PSU and AC power cord included
    with the console since every region has different voltages. Please review the following information on the

Xbox 360 Power Supply
    webpage:

• If you're not sure whether you have the correct PSU, compare the 12V output number on the PSU to the 12V output number that is printed next to the power socket on your console. The number that is printed on the PSU (16.5A, 14A, or 12.5A) must be equal to
      or higher than the number that is printed on the console.
    • Confirm that your electrical outlet provides the same voltage (V) and frequency [Hz] of power as is indicated on the PSU. If you’re not sure of the kind of power that is supplied to your home, ask a qualified electrician.
    • Don't use non-standard power sources, such as generators or inverters, even if the voltage and frequency appear acceptable. Only use AC power that is provided by a standard wall outlet.
    • Don't overload your wall outlet, extension cord, power strip, or other electrical receptacle. Confirm that these items are rated to handle the total current (in amps [A]) that is drawn by the Xbox 360 console (as indicated on the PSU) and by any other devices
      that are on the same circuit.
    • Use a properly-grounded electrical outlet that accommodates the three-prong grounding plug. Do not remove the grounding prong. If the plug does not fit into your outlet, have an electrician replace the obsolete outlet.

I hope this helps!
  5. Ben Gates ddr Win User

XBOX 360 150W Jasper POWER SUPPLY BRICK AC ADAPTER

well well my consol plug looks just like the 2008 jasper with the top and middle dividers. OH and my brick adapter is a 12v 150w. I just looked at a PSU one and the plug doese not match mine. The jasper one doese hmm.
  6. neil123123 Win User

xbox wont switch on, psu seems ok

actually, it must be a jasper, not opus as this has HDMI but it has a 175w psu. I'm confused now.
Thema:

1. I need a PSU for a xbox 360. Mine has a square peg in the middle that must be accommodated.... - Similar Threads - need PSU 360

2. Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5: I used to play Minecraft alot but I needed to get another Microsoft account to go with my updated and new email, so dumbly of Me, when I signed out of Minecraft, I didn't press the unlink button...
  3. Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly

in XboX Insiders
    Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly: Every time I open a game the title screen will load visually but it will stay there and nothing will change but I can hear the audio as if the game did open and is running fine. How do I fix this?...
  4. I can’t login to my account. What do i need to do?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t login to my account. What do i need to do?: Hi my name is Emiliano and i can’t login to my minecraft account. The name is GradientDeer845, I don’t recall the email or password used to login. 13634549-16d1-4ea9-875b-fafd0b7c7491
  5. Is there a fix or should i take it for repairs and what needs repairs.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a fix or should i take it for repairs and what needs repairs.: So my xbox one is running 40fps constantly and it is very unplayable. I havent used more than 50% of my storage, i have done hard and soft resets cleared cashes and more but nothing works. Is...
  6. Bought Xbox in Canada, currently in India need help deciding between PSU that supports...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought Xbox in Canada, currently in India need help deciding between PSU that supports...: Hi guys, I bought my Xbox One (OLD GEN) in Canada but I'm currently in India and I'm looking to use my console. Obviously the voltage is different in India is 220-240v. I need help deciding...
  7. Need Xbox one PSU for Kosovo

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need Xbox one PSU for Kosovo: I’m going to kosovo in June and I want to take my xbox one with me and the question is to where I can purchase a 220V PSU?? 32f9f319-da15-4884-b9e3-b595d96aedbf
  8. Need help in Hyderabad,IN, want to test my Console and PSU as console is not starting.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help in Hyderabad,IN, want to test my Console and PSU as console is not starting.: I got my US console to India and bought a new original Xbox PSU(India Specific Voltage) from a vendor. My Xbox console is bought in USA and working fine before traveling to India. When I connect...
  9. Faulty AC/ PSU connection. Living overseas and in need of support.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Faulty AC/ PSU connection. Living overseas and in need of support.: My name is Adam. I am a Canadian living and working in South Korea. I bought an XBox One immediately before coming over here. I shipped it here without opening the box as I was hopping on a plane...
  10. Need an European PSU (power supply unit) 200-240v

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need an European PSU (power supply unit) 200-240v: I'm an American living in Romania. I need a European PSU to safely turn on my Xbox One without using an adapter or converter. How can I go about getting a PSU? I've tried calling European support...