I need a guide that tells me what each button and paddle does on my controller

Discus and support I need a guide that tells me what each button and paddle does on my controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; can you tell me where to go that tells me what my buttons and paddles do on my controller? 43d3d2bf-0f75-49bf-a03a-0687a323e919 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by John Cruise, May 29, 2023.

1. John Cruise
    John Cruise Guest

can you tell me where to go that tells me what my buttons and paddles do on my controller?

:)

John Cruise, May 29, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

It seems like what you have is an Xbox Elite Series controller. According to Xbox Support:

"P1, P2, P3, P4 paddles: For additional inputs, four paddles are snapped into the sockets found at the very bottom on the back of the controller"

Also, here's the default mapping that you can definitely customize:

P1 = B

P2 = Y

P3 = A

P4 = X

You can check this link for detailed information that includes button information:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

What's the difference between all the controllers: xbox 360, xbox 1, xbox scorpio, xbox x elite controller?

It all comes down to preference. I prefer the Xbox One controller myself, which is the same as the Xbox Scorpio controller. The Elite is more catered to the more advanced gamers who want to customize what each button or paddle does.
  4. lackoftraction Win User

Elite Controller 2 paddles not registering in app

I think I'm having the same issue, but since I just got my Elite 2 controller today I can't be sure. Could you check something for me?

Go into Control Panel -> Devices and Printers, then find your elite controller (listed as "Xbox Wireless Controller" I think) right click and select "Game Controller Settings". From there you should see a readout of all of your controller inputs. Mine lists 16 total buttons, but the paddle buttons will not activate. If I remap the paddles to other buttons within the XBox Accessories app then I can emulate a different button with the paddles, for instance X lights up the "3" button, and so does the paddle... but the paddle button never illuminates.

The paddles seem to produce NO UNIQUE INPUT OF THEIR OWN, they can only emulate other buttons, even though the computer knows the paddle buttons exist.

From all the searching I've done, what I've gathered is that the "Default" profile (which you can activate by holding the profile selector for a few seconds) used to allow the paddles to work independently, but something within the last few months broke that. For instance Steam's Big Picture controller configuration options used to allow for remapping the paddles, but now they do not.

TLDR: Microsoft seems to have recently broke something in and update to the Xbox Elite controller, which is now preventing the paddle buttons from sending their unique button input while using the default profile. They can now only emulate another controller button, or send no input at all.
  5. RhiTot Win User

Xbox Elite Wireless Controller

First; I really doubt you've got one. Second; anytime you improve response time which this controller does with button mapping and paddles, as well as not having to take your thumbs off the sticks, that gives you a large advantage over players who don't
    have one. ms = a large advantage in gaming, Pro or not. The fact that you don't acknowledge this and are trying to dissuade tells me you don't have one. Lastly, mentioning that the original controllers might be getting button mapping as a point of argument,
    tells me you are probably a Microsoft employee. Original controllers with button mapping is useless without paddles, the combination is what makes the real difference. Pose your lies elsewhere, where you aren't speaking with someone who can see right through
    you.
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox Elite Controller issues

What button have you mapped on that paddle?

Does the actual button or D-Pad command work instead of the mapped paddle, when you switch away from the game?
Thema:

1. I need a guide that tells me what each button and paddle does on my controller - Similar Threads - need guide tells

2. Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5: I used to play Minecraft alot but I needed to get another Microsoft account to go with my updated and new email, so dumbly of Me, when I signed out of Minecraft, I didn't press the unlink button...
  3. Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly

in XboX Insiders
    Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly: Every time I open a game the title screen will load visually but it will stay there and nothing will change but I can hear the audio as if the game did open and is running fine. How do I fix this?...
  4. I can’t login to my account. What do i need to do?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t login to my account. What do i need to do?: Hi my name is Emiliano and i can’t login to my minecraft account. The name is GradientDeer845, I don’t recall the email or password used to login. 13634549-16d1-4ea9-875b-fafd0b7c7491
  5. Is there a fix or should i take it for repairs and what needs repairs.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a fix or should i take it for repairs and what needs repairs.: So my xbox one is running 40fps constantly and it is very unplayable. I havent used more than 50% of my storage, i have done hard and soft resets cleared cashes and more but nothing works. Is...
  6. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  7. I need a refund

in XBoX on Windows
    I need a refund: Someone got on my game system an bought gams that I was not going to get an I need refunded 3019122b-21dc-44a3-814c-27f05756cbbd
  8. I need help with ssd in xbox, 400gb of space dissappears

in XboX Insiders
    I need help with ssd in xbox, 400gb of space dissappears: So i have an 960gb ssd , xbox formats it and leaves about 400gb unallocated, i cant really play alot of games with 365gb of storage for games. What do i do, if i assign the unallocated space in my...
  9. I need help with Xbox cloud gaming.

in XboX Insiders
    I need help with Xbox cloud gaming.: So I have been playing fallout 76 with my friends in my Xbox series s. One of them was playing with Xbox cloud gaming on his laptop that had an rtx 3060. He told me it wasn’t laggy at all. Today I...
  10. I need help signing in minecraft on PlayStation

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help signing in minecraft on PlayStation: I have gone on Minecraft then went to sign in Microsoft Account then scannedthe QR code and did my details then i verified and then its said you are safe the close this window.I go on my Ps4 then...