I messed around with my alternative MAC address and now connection to internet is messed...

Discus and support I messed around with my alternative MAC address and now connection to internet is messed... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I read online that you could bypass parental controls on xbox by changing the alternative mac address. I did that and it worked at first until my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by E W4, Oct 28, 2023.

1. E W4
    E W4 Guest

I messed around with my alternative MAC address and now connection to internet is messed...

So I read online that you could bypass parental controls on xbox by changing the alternative mac address. I did that and it worked at first until my parents blocked the new MAC address out of the internet, so I changed it again and it started messing up. It only let me play for a couple of minutes before the internet would just turn off and it would still do that even if I did change the alternate mac address at that point. I changed it back to the original MAC address and now when I connect to the internet it says it’s all good but when I go to the Home Screen it says “connect to the Xbox network”. It lets me see my friends list and what they are doing but I can’t join their Xbox parties or message them and I can’t play games online. If someone could help me find a way to fix this it would be appreciated

:)

2. KhajiBower34 Win User

I messed around with my alternative MAC address and now connection to internet is messed up. How do I fix this

Hello E W, I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

I understand your problem. It seems that you have altered the MAC address of your Xbox and now you are experiencing Internet connection problems, but don't worry, everything in life has a solution, I will try to help you as much as I can with my knowledge.

Follow the steps that I will leave you below.....

Reset the alternate MAC address: Go to Settings > Network > Network Settings. Select “Advanced Settings.” Select “Alternate MAC Address” and choose “Delete.”

Reset Network Settings: After clearing the alternate MAC address, return to the Network Settings menu and select “Reset Network.” Follow the prompts to reset your network settings. After the reset, your Xbox One will reboot and you will have to set up your network connection again.

If after this you can't solve the problem, I will be here to continue helping you,
    but remember and keep in mind that I am a Player just like you
    than with little more knowledge regarding Software and Hardware.
  3. Swagking5004880 Win User

Help?

Thanks for the replies.After messing around I found out it was my internet cable that was bad. I changed to wireless connection and its working now.

Thanks again.
  4. Tom Glass_482 Win User

My xbox won't connect to xbox live

that mac address suggestion wont mess up my console in any way, right?
  5. Kyokusen Win User

Can't connect to Xbox Live

So it seems that the network your connecting to is requiring the login information to be entered via a webpage.

The xbox internet explorer can't load unless your connected to xbox live and as such, you won't be able to enter the information.

There are 2 ways you can get around this type of verification.

You can either set up an internet connection sharing using a laptop, or you can enter in an alternate mac address from a device that has already logged in and accepted the terms of use.

If you decide to use an alternate mac address on you console, you'll have to make sure that the device you got the mac address from is no longer connected to the network since two devices can't use the same mac address.
  6. Acal-7EF71BC1-D2B0-4 Win User

Can't Connect to Xbox Live on My Schools Network

I don't think it has a splash page now, but I could be wrong. Connecting to the internet on my laptop or PS3 is still the same as always. When I click on Alternate MAC Address, it is just blank and asks you to enter one. If you're referring to the MAC
    Address once you click on Advanced Settings, it reads, 0022482CC6DB.
Thema:

1. I messed around with my alternative MAC address and now connection to internet is messed... - Similar Threads - messed around alternative

2. My storage expansion card doesn’t register and I looked inside the groves are messed up for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My storage expansion card doesn’t register and I looked inside the groves are messed up for...: I looked into the xbox storage expansion slot and see that the groves are messed up 99f4ff2b-71f5-4976-ad6c-1290f1a79304
  3. Controller Firmware Update - Messed up my controller?!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Firmware Update - Messed up my controller?!?: This is REALLY frustrating, recently I have had major issues with my series x controller that apparently ALOT of other people have been having for the last few years! Out of game the left joystick...
  4. Xbox fan is buzzing and squeaking. Will it mess up the Xbox if you put electronic oil on...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox fan is buzzing and squeaking. Will it mess up the Xbox if you put electronic oil on...: My Xbox has randomly started buzzing and squeaking. I have found it out to be the fan and im wondering if it is due to it maybe getting too dry? Would putting electronic oil on the fan possibly...
  5. Running Quake 1 on Xbox messed up my colours

in XboX Insiders
    Running Quake 1 on Xbox messed up my colours: I was playing Quake then I had saved my game and had got out of Quake. When I say I got out of Quake I don't mean I closed the application I just when to the Xbox Series X home screen. After that...
  6. Why is the Xbox report system messed up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the Xbox report system messed up: When I report people it normally doesn't go through it says that Xbox couldn't take action but yesterday it said that Xbox had taken action well right after that my Xbox was suspended so now I can...
  7. Game chat for none of my games are working, party chat works fine, I’ve already messed...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game chat for none of my games are working, party chat works fine, I’ve already messed...: my game chat is not working for any of my games, the party chat works fine. I’ve already messed with the settings and stuff to try and fix it, anyone know what the problem is?...
  8. Sick of these 4 gamertags messing and cheating on mw2 get some people on there to catch...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Sick of these 4 gamertags messing and cheating on mw2 get some people on there to catch...: uWhy are there so many people on mw2 cheating there ddos people freezing there internet i pay good money for games and live and my kids are getting kicked offline hacked deranked by all kimds of...
  9. Am i going insane or did apple mess up the ability to use a controller for cloud gaming...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Am i going insane or did apple mess up the ability to use a controller for cloud gaming...: Can someone please help me before I football kick my phone across the room at mach ten. 7702d1fe-6045-46cc-9fbc-2cd9f6fa219e
  10. Looking for friends to heist, race, just mess around

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Looking for friends to heist, race, just mess around: Would love to play the game with a regular group of people to race, heist, or just hang out. We could also help each other win races to unlock more mods. Currently level 31, as of this post....