I Love Drivatars... I Hate Drivatars

Discus and support I Love Drivatars... I Hate Drivatars in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Drivatars are awesome and have definately added an entirely new and for the most part great dimension to the Single Player experience. But the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Azrael008uk, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Azrael008uk
    Azrael008uk Guest

Drivatars are awesome and have definately added an entirely new and for the most part great dimension to the Single Player experience.

But the Drivatars can get a little crazy often driving both desperately and aggressively to the point that they will damage your car.

It doesn't help that career races are so short.

Because the game sticks you at the back of the pack and then gives you normally 2 laps to hit the top 3 then I'm not surprised all my buddies are having to drive like maniacs to 'Argy Bargy' their way to the top 3 every race.

And then when they show up in my games... that's how they drive. A menace to anyone else on the track either smashing into people's back ends on corners or even jerking the wheel so they crash into you if you are overtaking them.

I appreciate they wanted to find a happy medium that the casual gamer and the hardcore racing fan could enjoy but the short number of laps in Career mode just hurts everybody.

:)

Azrael008uk, Feb 1, 2014
  2. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Was anyone else disappointed with Forza 5

You can turn off custom paint jobs on drivatars,don't think you can actually turn of drivatars though.

Daft Badger, Feb 1, 2014
  3. RippenHarra
    RippenHarra Guest
    RippenHarra, Feb 1, 2014
  4. Elohmn
    Elohmn Guest

Pretty much spot on. Another pretty simple fix would have been a pole position. Better racers/ drivers up front simply due to better racing a pole track and setting best time without other cars. Bad stays at the back having to
    do what they can & good up front racing clean.

Elohmn, Feb 1, 2014
  5. IceMan PJN
    IceMan PJN Guest
    [quote user="LostKauz"]

Pretty much spot on. Another pretty simple fix would have been a pole position. Better racers/ drivers up front simply due to better racing a pole track and setting best time without other cars. Bad stays at the back having to

[/quote]

No.

You aren't supposed to start up front because then it isn't a race. It's just hot lapping. If I'm good enough to start in front, I will stay uncontested in front. At that point they might as well just remove the other cars and let you drive alone.

IceMan PJN, Feb 1, 2014
  6. Elohmn
    Elohmn Guest
    [quote user="IceMan PJN"]

[quote user="LostKauz"]

[/quote]

No.

You aren't supposed to start up front because then it isn't a race. It's just hot lapping. If I'm good enough to start in front, I will stay uncontested in front. At that point they might as well just remove the other cars and let you drive alone.

[/quote]Not really, a real race or one simulated is determined in fractions of a second. It is a fine line between perfection and the smallest of flaws. Who said everyone would get pole (1st) anyways? Proof of position is not
    making a mistake.

Forza is great but the bash-fest from 14th to 1st is just as silly due to 2 or 3 laps.

Elohmn, Feb 1, 2014
  7. For me this just adds to the competition. Early on I was to bumping into other people, but realized that if I were to play with assists off that my car would not last. Trying to clean up my act so to speak. A little rubbing is okay, and I do have the occasional
    bump into another car. I agree that some races need more laps because everybody crowds to the corner to gain an edge. Lately I've been trying to take them on the outside.

WalkingIrish42, Feb 2, 2014
  8. Azrael008uk
    Azrael008uk Guest

[quote user="IceMan PJN"]

No.

[/quote]

If you set the difficulty to easy so you always got pole position then sure, it would be like a hot lap with traffic.

But if you're racing people who are as good as you then Pole Position is not guaranteed.

I can appreciate how most people don't have the patience for Pole position but more laps would encourage people to drive.

Azrael008uk, Feb 2, 2014
  9. Scrtch
    Scrtch Guest
    Mine is pretty horrid I'm told.

Scrtch, Feb 16, 2014
  10. Hashrat
    Hashrat Guest
    I don't know who's it is, but I have one that hits corners at about 100mph. Ussually squishing me in the process.

Obv they will improve as their owners improve, but as stated the incredibly short races don't help, and once you touch a blade of grass and invalidate your laptime, why bother with caution anymore?

I hate that you only do 3 laps, do they think everyone has no attention span, or are they hoping we will buy a 5 lap race for £39.95..

Hashrat, Feb 27, 2014
  11. Speaking of short races... I kinda dislike starting in 14th place and only having 2 laps to pass 13 cars in. But, even setting the difficulty to "unbeatable" it's still easy to win every race. I just wish we had 1 or 2 more laps. The races are just too short.

DTW Dirty Harry, Feb 27, 2014
  12. I retract what I said. Sometimes, especially when the entire race is only 2 laps long and you start in 14th place, it's pretty much impossible to take 1st while on "unbeatable" difficulty. The thing is, there's quite a big disparity between the "unbeatable"
    and "pro" difficulty settings. Last night I was racing S class with all the assists turned off and on unbeatable. I tried three times and could never pass the last 2 cars before the 2nd (and final) lap was finished. The problem is getting through the first
    dozen cars. Since they slow you down so much the lead vehicles leave everyone in the dust. Once you've finally made your way around the mid pack cars you only have 1 lap left and a hell of a lot of catching up to do. If I had 3 or 4 laps then fine but with
    only 2 laps it's damn near impossible in certain races. But, on Pro I did the same race and was in 1st just as I finished the 1st lap then had a big gap between me and 2nd place as I finished the 2nd and final lap. That's a big difference in difficulty if
    you ask me.

DTW Dirty Harry, Mar 6, 2014
  13. Mattn520
    Mattn520 Guest

That's why I only play free race. I set my laps for as many as I want and luckily still get credits. But it would be nice for it in career.

Mattn520, Mar 6, 2014
  14. It's not called "unbeatable" for nothing! I Love Drivatars... I Hate Drivatars ;)

Patrick M. Martin, Mar 7, 2014
  15. Yeah, but it's "artificially" unbeatable. I say this because the drivatar's are not unbeatable on "unbeatable" at all. It's starting off in 14th place and only having 2 laps to pass everyone that's the problem in career mode. By the way, I sometimes abuse
    rewind during my first lap because it's a total pain in the a$$ to pass the drivatar's when they're three wide, slamming on the brakes when they shouldn't and suddenly veering in front of you for no apparent reason not to mention they're just plain slower
    than you to begin with. lol

By the way, I did notice starting off in 8th place at some point in a race or two but I have no idea how that happened. Anyone know?

DTW Dirty Harry, Mar 7, 2014
Thema:

1. I Love Drivatars... I Hate Drivatars - Similar Threads - Love Drivatars Hate

2. I don’t know who needs to hear this but for the love of god update the twitch app.

in XboX Insiders
    I don’t know who needs to hear this but for the love of god update the twitch app.: According to my Xbox the last time I received an update for the twitch app was 03/01/2023 it’s a joke. For some reason now it just crashes when I click on someone’s stream. Not to mention when...
  3. As this other person said I wish U could look at your old profile pictures as I would love...

in XBoX Accessibility
    As this other person said I wish U could look at your old profile pictures as I would love...: I hope this really does happen 27301770-5608-4b09-bd41-71ed6fd7e114
  4. Fable 2 glitch - love hurts - help please

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2 glitch - love hurts - help please: I’ve noticed a glitch within Fable 2 and so far the only advice I’ve come across is to either not complete the side quest or to restart all over again. I want to complete the side quest. I don’t...
  5. Fable 2 glitch - love hurts - please help me

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2 glitch - love hurts - please help me: I’ve noticed a glitch within Fable 2 and so far the only advice I’ve come across is to either not complete the side quest or to restart all over again. I want to complete the side quest. I don’t...
  6. I've been banned on Xbox 360 love until july/12/9999, and now have a $41 Dark souls 2...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I've been banned on Xbox 360 love until july/12/9999, and now have a $41 Dark souls 2...: I've been banned on Xbox 360 love until july/12/9999, and now have a $41 Dark souls 2 content I can't download. cd880b85-0b0f-4d6c-8f29-c96c58620a86
  7. hi, I'm trying to update how to connect hearing aids to the xbox as a headset. I would love...

in XBoX on Consoles
    hi, I'm trying to update how to connect hearing aids to the xbox as a headset. I would love...: ie. "xbox + Ponto5 + connectclip" "xbox + Phonak marvel direct" "xbox oticon px + roger X FM" I am an audiologist and I am trying to build a solution table for my teen patients who want to...
  8. Well I love gamepass 'cause I can listen to YouTube on the background on my phone, what...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Well I love gamepass 'cause I can listen to YouTube on the background on my phone, what...: Just wondering why YouTube won't run audio during game play on the Xbox one. Been running cloud games on my phone and it's pretty low end (Motorola Power 2022) and love streaming YouTube mixes in...
  9. Love you Xbox insider fantastic incrível

in XboX Insiders
    Love you Xbox insider fantastic incrível: Incrible comunit Xbox submitted by /u/Majestic-Property615 [link] [comments]
  10. please unban me for the love of god.

in XBoX Accessibility
    please unban me for the love of god.: unban my account LC zova i spent my savings on this account for years and i have nothing but this account that i value everything i own please reinforcement team give me another chance to change....