I know by default xboxs always have an input delay for keyboard and mouse but is there a...

Discus and support I know by default xboxs always have an input delay for keyboard and mouse but is there a... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I don't know what this part is for 7746c636-1686-4359-8002-c1715a3f7ca1 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ben Rodgers-rylott, Jun 14, 2023.

1. I know by default xboxs always have an input delay for keyboard and mouse but is there a...

I don't know what this part is for

:)

Ben Rodgers-rylott, Jun 14, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

I know by default xboxs always have an input delay for keyboard and mouse but is there a way to remove that delay?

Hello Ben, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.
    Not a Microsoft employee.

There is no such setting by default, however, you can get a lower input response if you use a wired keyboard and mouse.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Input Delay on Mouse and keyboard on Xbox one

There is always input delay because games on Xbox and other consoles aren't designed for keyboard and mouse and to even the odds it's built in by developers to stop cheating
  4. M3tal Daz3 Win User

mouse and keyboard fortnite

There have been some reports of Fortnite Xbox One players experiencing input latency when using a mouse and keyboard; a delay between moving the mouse and a subsequent on-screen action.

If you have multiple mice in the home, switching it out could be a temporary fix until the issue is properly addressed
  5. GrayBoosh Win User

Mouse and Keyboard on games that don't support

There are devices that take the input from a mouse and keyboard and translate them into the same input that the console would see from a controller.

They are unauthorized hardware, and using them is prohibited. Even - as far as I know - for games that allow mouse and keyboard.
  6. Yanyannnn Win User

Input delay with keyboard and mouse on Xbox

Hello Samar Gill1,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community. Just a reminder, here on community we are not able to double check accounts and devices to check for the possible issue. What we can do here is provide/guide customers with possible troubleshooting steps for the issue.

Input delay with keyboard and mouse on Xbox can be caused by a number of factors, including the quality of the keyboard and mouse, the Xbox console's settings, and the game's settings.

Before proceeding, I need to know more details so that we can get the best possible troubleshooting for you.

-Is this happening to all your games or just on a specific game?

Basing on the statement you provided above, here are some troubleshooting steps that you may try:

1. Check your keyboard and mouse
    Make sure that your keyboard and mouse are compatible with Xbox and that they are functioning properly. You can try using a different keyboard and mouse to see if the issue persists.

2. Adjust your Xbox settings
    Go to Settings > Devices & accessories > Accessories > Mouse and adjust the pointer speed to your liking. You can also try turning off the "Mouse smoothing" option.

3. Adjust your game settings
    In Fortnite, go to Settings > Game > Input and adjust the mouse sensitivity to your liking. You can also try turning off the "Mouse acceleration" option.

4. Check your internet connection
    Input delay can also be caused by a poor internet connection. Make sure that your Xbox is connected to a stable and fast internet connection.

5. Check Game Settings:

• Open Fortnite and navigate to your Video settings.
    • Ensure you are playing in Fullscreen mode.
    • Set the Resolution option to match your native monitor resolution.

6. Frame Rate Limit:
      • Limit your frame rate to a value above your monitor’s refresh rate. This can help reduce input lag.

7. Power Cycle Your Console:
        • Turn off your Xbox Series S by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
        • Unplug the console’s power cable from both the console and the power outlet. Wait for at least 5 minutes.
        • Plug the console power cable back in and turn it on.

8.Wired vs. Wireless:
          • You mentioned using a wired mouse and keyboard. This is generally better for minimizing input delay compared to wireless devices.
          • If possible, try different USB ports for your peripherals.
          9. Mouse Sensitivity:
          • In the system settings on your Xbox One console, adjust the mouse sensitivity under Kinect and devices.
          • Experiment with different sensitivity settings to find what works best for you.
          10.Game Optimization:
          • Sometimes game developers may not optimize keyboard and mouse input well. This can lead to input lag.
          • Keep an eye out for game updates that address input delay issues.

Hope I helped! Please do not hesitate to ask if you have further concerns. I will be waiting for you and I would be more than glad to assist you further.

YanYannn
    Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

I know by default xboxs always have an input delay for keyboard and mouse but is there a...

1. I know by default xboxs always have an input delay for keyboard and mouse but is there a... - Similar Threads - default xboxs always

2. Xbox home screen (Default) Change idea 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox home screen (Default) Change idea 2024: When it says who's playing today? if its dark outside wouldn't it be better to say who is playing tonight? because if you think about it at night time people might know its today but it sounds...
  3. Default to the most baseline version of backwards compatibility when playing Xbox Live...

in XboX Insiders
    Default to the most baseline version of backwards compatibility when playing Xbox Live...: I have probably one of the strangest problems. I have some friends who upgraded to the Xbox series S or X, and some who are still on the Xbox One. I can match make and challenge people on the...
  4. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  5. Xbox elite 2 controller switching to default profile on its own

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite 2 controller switching to default profile on its own: My elite 2 controller has suddenly started doing this weird thing where the bumpers and profile switching button will stop working for a few seconds (weirdly other buttons still work), the...
  6. Why cant my XBOX party hear me on PC unless Gamebar is open? my default devices settings...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant my XBOX party hear me on PC unless Gamebar is open? my default devices settings...: my names luis, ive read a thread with this same question, ive read through your reply and followed all the steps but the issue still persists, ive checked for updates checked my input and output,...
  7. Did Xbox Remove Some Default Gamer Pics?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Did Xbox Remove Some Default Gamer Pics?: So, I changed my default gamer pic to a different one as a joke with my friends, but now I want to change it back to what it was before. But I can't seem to find it anywhere in the defaults. It's...
  8. Why cant my XBOX party hear me on PC unless Gamebar is open? my default devices settings...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why cant my XBOX party hear me on PC unless Gamebar is open? my default devices settings...: Why cant my XBOX party hear me on PC unless Gamebar is open? my default devices settings are correct on both Xbox And Gamebar apps. 55f7c922-c262-49e4-953a-00e5707288ec
  9. Default language in EA App is assumed russian with Xbox PC Game Pass settings set to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Default language in EA App is assumed russian with Xbox PC Game Pass settings set to...: Hello! I'm from Ukraine and I was one of the first to buy the PC Game Pass when it launched in Ukraine. However, there is an integration with EA, where you can install and play games from EA in...
  10. Change/remove default Windows in Xbox Game Bar

in XBoX on Windows
    Change/remove default Windows in Xbox Game Bar: Hello! I want to change or remove at all default Windows shortcuts in Xbox Game Bar (the ones I circled green on the image). Reason: I installed PowerToys Settings and remaped Win (Left) key to...