I Keep Having to Reset My Modem Every Time I Want to Connect to Xbox Live

Discus and support I Keep Having to Reset My Modem Every Time I Want to Connect to Xbox Live in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've had my One for 6 months and it's been fine. But for the last 10 days every time I turn the Xbox One on, it says it can't connect. So I reset my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GregOC, Nov 8, 2014.

1. GregOC
    GregOC Guest

I've had my One for 6 months and it's been fine. But for the last 10 days every time I turn the Xbox One on, it says it can't connect. So I reset my router and it fixes the problem.

it happens every single time. What's going on?

:)

GregOC, Nov 8, 2014
  2. Can not connect to xbox live

My newer 360 will not connect to xbox live. I've reset my router and modem, still nothing. Says I have internet but fails connecting to xbox live every time. Really getting upset. Worked fine earlier today.

DeathByGirl85, Nov 8, 2014
  3. KEN3783
    KEN3783 Guest
    Xbox One not connecting to Xbox Live even though it's connected to the Internet

I'm having trouble connecting with xbox live. My Internet shows connected every single time I checked. There isn't a single error code that pops up in association with this issue. I tried several times to hard reset the Xbox one and the modem. Even tried
    to do a "factory reset but keep games and apps" option. It reset but is now stuck at the update screen since it won't progress because again, it won't connect with xbox live even though it's connected with the Internet. Also tried switching the network cables
    to new ones and known good cables. Tried connecting it straight into my provider's modem instead of the Netgear router. Any suggestions?

KEN3783, Nov 8, 2014
  4. BobMcFly247
    BobMcFly247 Guest

Are you having your Xbox in instant on mode? This may cause problems with the opening of already opened ports in your router. So please check out, what happens if switching your One to energy saving mode.

for further assistance you may please provide us with some more details on your network environment like what modem / router you use and what you have already tried to fix your issue.

BobMcFly247, Nov 9, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: