I keep getting a blank screen after start up

Discus and support I keep getting a blank screen after start up in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox starts up as normal but after the green logo screen it just goes blank and the only thing I can pull up is the turn console off menu nothing... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Xx K3Nn3dY xX38, Dec 23, 2015.

1. I keep getting a blank screen after start up

My Xbox starts up as normal but after the green logo screen it just goes blank and the only thing I can pull up is the turn console off menu nothing else will appear. Need some help

:)

Xx K3Nn3dY xX38, Dec 23, 2015
  2. Blank screen after start up

I turned on my Xbox but instead of showing me the home screen it just gave me a black screen that kept flickering with the Xbox store icon. I pressed the home button and an error message appeared with the error code 0x80070490. I looked it up but it had
    nothing to do with my issue. I couldn't even do anything that it recommend since I can't go to the settings. I tried shutting it off by holding down the power button like the troubleshooting page said.W hen I turned the Xbox back on it showed the green loading
    screen but then went blank again, only without the Xbox store icon. Everytime I press the home button I just get spammed with the same error message. It still shows notifications from friends at the bottom of the screen and my Gamertag when it boots up so
    I know it has nothing to do with the display. I tried booting it on low resolution mode but now I just have the same problem only with fewer pixels.

If anyone knows what's going on I could really do with some help.

ThatOneGuyTwice, Dec 23, 2015
  3. CarstenE
    CarstenE Guest
    Blank screen after start up

Hey ThatOneGuyTwice,

Try the following steps:

- Power off your console

- Unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

- Wait 30 seconds, then plug the power cord back in.

- Press and hold the BIND button (Xbox One: located on the left side of the console, Xbox One S: located on the front below the power button) and the EJECT button (located on the front of the console), and then press the Xbox button on the console.

- Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.

- The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.

- On the Troubleshooter select "Reset" and when asked select the option to "Keep your Games and Apps".

Make sure you know your Email / Password combination of your Account before doing that.

Let us know if you have additional questions.

- lg 2Bad4You

CarstenE, Dec 23, 2015
  4. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest

Some have reported a slow boot with the black screen being displayed but they have left it there for an extra period of time and it finally came up. How long have you left it on the black screen?

If the power button on the console is functional while on the black screen. Not sure this will help but have you tried to do a hard reset on the console? Hold the power button on the console for 10 seconds or until it powers down completely. Then unplug
    the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back into the console and restart.

{Parity}, Dec 23, 2015
  5. I left it for an hour and it didn't work. I've done a cold boot and followed the troubleshoot but nothing's worked so far

Xx K3Nn3dY xX38, Dec 23, 2015
  6. I would disconnect from the internet and try one more hard reset , if still no , and you cant get to settings to do a factory restore , about all you can try is the "offline update tool" ... I would also stay disconnected for this until it asks ...

support.xbox.com/.../offline-system-update-diagnostic-tool

RobertBuckalew, Dec 23, 2015
  7. Thanks for the advice but unfortunately no luck

Xx K3Nn3dY xX38, Dec 26, 2015
  8. Nincharmer
    Nincharmer Guest

I am having exactly the same problem. Im leaving mine off for now. Gonna come back later and try it out. Not exactly how I imagined spending my weekend!

Nincharmer, Mar 6, 2016
  9. Princess8607
    Princess8607 Guest
    Princess8607, Oct 31, 2018
  10. Princess8607 Win User

11. Xx K3Nn3dY xX38 Win User

Thanks for the advice but unfortunately no luck
  12. RobertBuckalew Win User

I would disconnect from the internet and try one more hard reset , if still no , and you cant get to settings to do a factory restore , about all you can try is the "offline update tool" ... I would also stay disconnected for this until it asks ...

support.xbox.com/.../offline-system-update-diagnostic-tool
  13. Nincharmer Win User

I am having exactly the same problem. Im leaving mine off for now. Gonna come back later and try it out. Not exactly how I imagined spending my weekend!
  14. {Parity} Win User

Some have reported a slow boot with the black screen being displayed but they have left it there for an extra period of time and it finally came up. How long have you left it on the black screen?

If the power button on the console is functional while on the black screen. Not sure this will help but have you tried to do a hard reset on the console? Hold the power button on the console for 10 seconds or until it powers down completely. Then unplug
    the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back into the console and restart.
Thema:

1. I keep getting a blank screen after start up - Similar Threads - keep getting blank

2. Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...: For some reason when ever i try to download my call of duty black ops games they don’t wanna download on my external storage they download to my xbox but not my external storage all my other games...
  3. Why do i always keep getting banned for saying basic words, but when many other people say...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why do i always keep getting banned for saying basic words, but when many other people say...: Why do i always get banned for saying basic words, but others do not get banned, even if they say inappropriate words? 1ad069d8-f05c-4b5a-86ef-319d8f43b79e
  4. I keep getting disconnected

in XBoX on Consoles
    I keep getting disconnected: Whenever I play any game solo , online or offline , even if I am in an Xbox party chat with friends , after playing the game for about an hour I am disconnected from the Xbox network, this never...
  5. So I'm running my Xbox of a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So I'm running my Xbox of a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet...: So I'm running my Xbox off a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet loss. I'm using the net gear ex3110. I've tried so much to just get a steady signal. Any advice....
  6. Keep getting “try again in a while we can’t connect to your console right now” despite it...

in XboX Insiders
    Keep getting “try again in a while we can’t connect to your console right now” despite it...: Been using remote play for a while on my computer to connect to my Xbox series X but the other day it tells me it can’t connect. It is an instant message I get and I have no idea how to solve it....
  7. I keep getting a 0x80248014 error when downloading apps

in XBoX on Windows
    I keep getting a 0x80248014 error when downloading apps: Every time i try to install youtube or other apps on my xbox it gives me the 0x80248014 error code. Does anyone know why its giving me this problem? and how do i fix it?...
  8. Keep getting the same pop up when i try logging into my xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Keep getting the same pop up when i try logging into my xbox: I keep getting the you'll need internet for this prompt on my xbox and i have established that it is not my internet connection i have also tried restarting it from the xbox and from my switch but...
  9. This guy keeps reporting me and getting me banned and I'm on my last strike till a one year ban

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    This guy keeps reporting me and getting me banned and I'm on my last strike till a one year ban: Do you guys k ow what to do ce2c8c28-5da0-4e53-9cc3-ce9f81ee279a
  10. After last update, I can't not sign in. Keep on getting an error code. Never happened...

in XBoX on Consoles
    After last update, I can't not sign in. Keep on getting an error code. Never happened...: After last update I keep on getting an error code never happened before. Now everytime I sign in it automatically takes me to my microsoft account. Never happened before. Now I'm stuck with an...