I just payed $9.99 to change my classic gamertag, but it remains the same?

Discus and support I just payed $9.99 to change my classic gamertag, but it remains the same? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; as the title suggests, I have an issue with my classic gamertag I just purchased it to change, but its still showing up as my old one. I really don’t... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Justice Pierce, Dec 25, 2023.

1. I just payed $9.99 to change my classic gamertag, but it remains the same?

as the title suggests, I have an issue with my classic gamertag I just purchased it to change, but its still showing up as my old one. I really don’t want it to be a waste of money

:)

Justice Pierce, Dec 25, 2023
  2. ngocphi Win User

Your classic gamertag doesn't cost. money to update it's your new gamertag that costs money

It.Only works.when games.that can't use the new characters like older games
  3. [EX] Win User

Hi,

don't worry it sometimes needs some time until it's in the system.

At my last change it changed my Gt back- and forward several times or both were shown.

Patience should fix it.
  4. SaltyPup9270558 Win User

I've been given a negative randomly generated name.

"If a player is unhappy with the assigned Gamertag and wishes to change it, he or she may purchase a new Gamertag through the standard Gamertag change process. However, the Gamertag that received the forced change will remain unobtainable."

this isn't fair, because the name wasn't offensive & just because someone got mad over nothing... Now i have to pay 9.99
  5. Big Boy Blobfish Win User

Unable to change gamertag

I'm trying to change my classic gamertag which is the one you see in games. My classic gamertag got changed and my Xbox One and Xbox App gamertag stayed the same (the Xbox One gamertag is the ones they added with the new gamertag system).

My Xbox One gamertag is different to my in-game gamertag and I want my classic gamertag to be changed. You can only change your classic gamertag on the Xbox One console, I have tried using the other ways and you can only change your Xbox Gamertag, not your
    classic gamertag.

The reason I want to change my classic gamertag is that the classic gamertag can be fifteen characters and the Xbox One gamertag can only be 12 characters. If I use the other ways to change my gamertag it limits me to 12 characters and sets both my gamertags
    to that.
  6. Smwutches Win User

I've been given a negative randomly generated name.

"If a player is unhappy with the assigned Gamertag and wishes to change it, he or she may purchase a new Gamertag through the standard Gamertag change process. However, the Gamertag that received the forced change will remain unobtainable."

this isn't fair, because the name wasn't offensive & just because someone got mad over nothing... Now i have to pay 9.99
    They don't necessarily have to be offensive. They just have to violate the code of conduct, which yours did. Per the code of conduct you agreed to, if they violate the terms you are given a randomly generated tag.
Thema:

1. I just payed $9.99 to change my classic gamertag, but it remains the same? - Similar Threads - payed change classic

2. when i am trying to pay for the game pass it doesn't let me change my country from india...

in XBoX on Windows
    when i am trying to pay for the game pass it doesn't let me change my country from india...: when i go to select my country in the payment the zone with the slider is grey'd out and there is no description on the page. I looked at my pc settings and in my microsoft account settings and it...
  3. In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?

in XboX Insiders
    In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?: I know that this function has been around since the days of the Xbox 360, when we changed the gamertag for the first time, it is free, but for the other one it costs money. It would be great if we...
  4. I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?

in XBoX on Windows
    I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?: It says I have to pay the fee but I have never changed my gamertag before. I made the account years ago and now I find it embarrassing. Please help! 19d4f6f5-9a48-4edd-b0a7-07059b450ea2
  5. I payed 10 dollars to change my gamertag and it changed but it still says my old gamertag...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I payed 10 dollars to change my gamertag and it changed but it still says my old gamertag...: I payed 10 dollars to change my gamertag and it changed but it still says my old gamertag and my new one under it. Anyone know why? 0a23cf37-917f-487e-891f-dc412c572639
  6. I want to change my name on mincraft but i need to pay??

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to change my name on mincraft but i need to pay??: i have adriannoss1 and i want to change it in Adriannoss but i need to pay 9,99$?? any ideas d4f046d4-83b7-41ba-a47a-da750d5ecf4f
  7. I have payed the fee to get my gamertag to be changed to BamOnPetrol. have waited hours, it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have payed the fee to get my gamertag to be changed to BamOnPetrol. have waited hours, it...: Please get someone that can help me change it or find out why it has not been changed b93c3f1e-0cc8-47b1-99fc-ce98eea73719
  8. My Gamertag didn't change after paying to change it (still shows my old one on top of my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Gamertag didn't change after paying to change it (still shows my old one on top of my...: So I just paid to have my gamer tag changed but instead I got what seems like two different gamer tags on top of each other with my old one being on top and the new below. I want to get rid of the...
  9. I need to pay for changing the Gamertag

in XboX Insiders
    I need to pay for changing the Gamertag: The last time I changed Gamertag was like 3 years ago, and I still need to pay 9.99$ CAD? Should be free after a year submitted by /u/Willblanc [link] [comments]
  10. Changing Gamer tag on my child account, made my own change - now i need to pay 2x 10EUR to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing Gamer tag on my child account, made my own change - now i need to pay 2x 10EUR to...: So as the title says, i tried to change the gamertag for my kid, through the family management portal, I chose the gamertag i wanted and went through the actions. All of this was free, and didn't...