I just got a 5tb external hard drive and it is only showing 456.7GB of available storage?

Discus and support I just got a 5tb external hard drive and it is only showing 456.7GB of available storage? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It was purchased from Walmart and everything looks to be original. Had the correct seal and says 5tb on it. 49ee7566-fc65-42c2-aef9-ed50d09771ff Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Chris_796, May 12, 2024.

1. Chris_796
    Chris_796 Guest

I just got a 5tb external hard drive and it is only showing 456.7GB of available storage?

It was purchased from Walmart and everything looks to be original. Had the correct seal and says 5tb on it.

:)

Chris_796, May 12, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

3. TheEcoKoi Win User

External hard drive question time!.

I use a 5TB external hard drive and it suits my needs. I've had my Xbox One since launch and I just hit about 85% on my hard drive storage. I have nearly 250 games installed. I highly suggest to anyone considering an external hard drive to invest in a
    nice sizable one.
  4. BG42 Win User

So...How do you delete a game?

I just discovered this and investigating shows there is NO WAY to manage the hard drive storage and no support for external storage.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

Playing xbox 1 x games from external drive?

If you're playing the Series version, it must be run from the internal drive or card because it's about 20x faster than your external hard drive.

Anything that runs on the internal will run from the expansion card

You can use external drives for storage, I have a 5TB USB and move games i'm not playing over there.
  6. SirSkunkalot Win User

Xbox one memory full with 5 games

I would also advise you to get an external hard drive as 500 gigg is not a lot of memory.

I got a 5TB external hard drive off amazon for £130

But there are cheaper options i think you can get a 1TB for about £50

Just make sure if you do decide to get an external hdd you get one that is usb3 otherwise it wont work
Thema:

1. I just got a 5tb external hard drive and it is only showing 456.7GB of available storage? - Similar Threads - got 5tb external

2. My Main account got hacked and i had to do a new one so i can write a ticket

in XBoX on Windows
    My Main account got hacked and i had to do a new one so i can write a ticket: I joined a Discord for minecraft and i had to verify and after i did that he changed everything password and email. My email was *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***...
  3. I just got gifted from a different region, and i can't claim the gift. What should i do?...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I just got gifted from a different region, and i can't claim the gift. What should i do?...: My friend gifted me Minecraft from US region. But i can't claim it because i'm on a different region. What should i do? can anyone help?? 82117b44-9dc0-427e-a6a5-51ff38f7169c
  4. The A button on my XBOX controller got mapped to the pause button on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    The A button on my XBOX controller got mapped to the pause button on PC: I have been using my xbox controller on my pc with 0 problems for the past 2-3 years, and out of no where my A button got mapped to the pause button. For example I play rocket league, and when I...
  5. How to redeem gift cards i got from xbox microsoft rewards

in XBoX on Windows
    How to redeem gift cards i got from xbox microsoft rewards: I got a Roblox gift card from my microsoft rewards points on Xbox, however, i cant seem to find out how to access it. 7d0d4407-ac76-4f78-8b06-791e8f9304f7
  6. Friends console got banned for something he didn't do, is the solution to stop supporting...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friends console got banned for something he didn't do, is the solution to stop supporting...: What can be done about banned consoles? Nothing on why it was banned makes sense. The first 3 reports said it wasn't banned but the 4th said it was banned so what did they mess up with on their...
  7. I redeemed the perks code that was given to me through rewards, but got an error tab

in XBoX on Windows
    I redeemed the perks code that was given to me through rewards, but got an error tab: I got the code and redeemed it, but instead of getting the rewards, I got an error tab and then the code expired. I thought maybe it still gave me something in game, but it didn't...
  8. I got A weird message from some random on Xbox any ideas on why? lol

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got A weird message from some random on Xbox any ideas on why? lol: Hey, sorry to bother you. I have an extra $15 Xbox code that I don't need if you want it. I can send it to you if you download the app temu create an account, and then in the search bar in the app...
  9. console got banned but no strike.

in XBoX on Consoles
    console got banned but no strike.: While playing MWIII plunder everything goods until this happened. earlier this morning my account can make a purchase I even tried in my friends account after contacting support I manage to...
  10. Iv got 100% packet loss on my xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Iv got 100% packet loss on my xbox series x: Iv tried everything I know, broadband line test, wired, wireless, tethered to my phone, factory reset the xbox, rest the router, no matter what I do its still 100% packet loss, any ideas....