I just factory reset my console now I can't even sign in...

Discus and support I just factory reset my console now I can't even sign in... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just did a factory reset to my Xbox series X and now I can't even sign in!!! 5bf31029-f3ba-46dc-abf2-1a25cc7adab4 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by David Sanchez5, Aug 3, 2023.

1. I just factory reset my console now I can't even sign in...

I just did a factory reset to my Xbox series X and now I can't even sign in!!!

:)

David Sanchez5, Aug 3, 2023
  2. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

Hi , my name is Fernando. I'm a gamer like you who loves to help other gamers with their Xbox questions. I can help with most questions. However, I do not have access to your account details to provide billing information/account inquiries. Thank you for reaching out to the Microsoft Community.

An error may have occurred during the process, please try again using the link below:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

Hope I helped, see you soon!
  3. dwilford1305 Win User

Xbox one x bricked after 13 months

Well I was streaming it to my laptop. Until I did the factory reset. Now it doesnt sign me in so I can't even stream now.
  4. TheConcertGuru Win User

Xbox One internet connectivity issue

I've tried that several times :( Now that I've factory reset the console I haven't even gotten far enough to be able to sign in to my profile.
  5. Zombie Woogums Win User

Cannot sign in to xbox one profile error code 0x80048883

Also, I even went so far as yo factory reset and now I can't even add my profile like before. What is this?
  6. Cliff A. Win User

I factory reset my console and...

Hi SaraS0ul

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community

I do understand the urgency of you wanting to find other ways for this issue of yours in regards with your missing games after resetting your console. We are very glad to help you out to find some of the best possible options and troubleshooting's that we can provide for you.

First thing, I would recommend checking if your external hard drive is properly connected to your console. You can do this by unplugging the hard drive and plugging it back in. If the issue persists, you can try connecting the hard drive to a different USB port on your console.

If the any case issue does still persist, you can try the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Check if the games are still installed on your external hard drive by going to "My games & apps" on your console. If the games are still installed, try launching them from there.

2. Check storage settings: Verify that your console recognizes the external hard drive as the default storage location for games and apps. Go to Settings > System > Storage > Manage Storage. Confirm that the external hard drive is selected as the default installation location.

3. If the games are not showing up in "My games & apps", you can try resetting your console's cache. To do this, hold down the power button on your console for 10 seconds until it turns off. Then unplug the power cable from the back of the console and wait for 10 seconds before plugging it back in and turning on your console.

4. Reinstall missing games: you may need to reinstall the missing games. To do this, go to My games and apps, select Full library, and navigate the missing games. Choose each game and select Install to reinstall them onto your external hard drive.

5. If the above steps do not work, you can try formatting your external hard drive. Please note that formatting your hard drive will erase all data on it, so make sure to back up any important data before proceeding. To format your hard drive, go to "Settings" on your console, then select "System", "Storage", and then select your external hard drive. From there, select "Format for games & apps".

If none of the above step's work, please let me know and we can explore other options. Additionally, here is an article that may be helpful in troubleshooting external hard drive issues on Xbox consoles: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/storage/manage-storage-on-xbox-one

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your issue. I hope all of this information's are helpful. We look forward on your response.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

1. I just factory reset my console now I can't even sign in... - Similar Threads - factory reset console

2. When doing the offline system update (OSU1) Will it factory reset on its own? If so, does...

in XBoX on Windows
    When doing the offline system update (OSU1) Will it factory reset on its own? If so, does...: I still am wondering about this E106 thing and I am just making sure that I do not want to erase my data from games. But my real question is if I do the OSU1, Will it factory reset on its own and...
  3. If I factory reset my xbox one, will it be saved by the cloud? If so, where can you check?

in XBoX on Windows
    If I factory reset my xbox one, will it be saved by the cloud? If so, where can you check?: Hello. So one day when I was checking my Xbox (i did not use it for 3 months) A error message has came and it was the E106 error. This means that I have to factory reset my Xbox one in order to...
  4. Is the OSU1 (Offline system update) same thing as factory reset?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is the OSU1 (Offline system update) same thing as factory reset?: I have made a post like a hour ago saying that I have a problem where my Xbox has a start up error with the code E106. I noticed that there was a second option called offline system update. I...
  5. If i factory reset will the Xbox keep the built in game i have ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i factory reset will the Xbox keep the built in game i have ?: Hello I wanted to know if i factory reset my Xbox will it keep my built in game i have . In this case it is Forza Horizon 5 . Even if i create a new account on it Naglis...
  6. Why do I have to factory reset my series x every time to get it to connect to wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have to factory reset my series x every time to get it to connect to wifi?: I purchased a new Xbox series X for my son‘s birthday on April 6. For a couple of weeks everything was fine, but for the last 5 to 6 weeks in order to connect to our Wi-Fi, I have to factory reset...
  7. Xbox wont connect to tv or controller after factory reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wont connect to tv or controller after factory reset: Alright so, yesterday i decided to download a game (specifically modern warfare 2019) and the speed was fine around 200/mpbs after around 30 mins it slowed down to 20/mpbs so i decided to restart...
  8. For people that factory reseted their console and cant download games

in XBoX on Consoles
    For people that factory reseted their console and cant download games: If you had the same issue with me after resetting your console, a fix i did was i went to the microsoft store and it automatically started updating the microsoft store and i also started...
  9. I factory reset my console and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I factory reset my console and...: So I factory reset my console to fix a corruption issue (keep games and apps now my external hard drive is only showing 7 games installed on it and I had roughly 166 installed any solutions?...
  10. Factory reset and home console

in XBoX Accessibility
    Factory reset and home console: If i factory reset my console because i wannt to sell it to buy the New xbox, do i keep my home xbox on the New console when signing into my account, or do i not get it? Because i only have 1...