I Just changed my pc's hardware, and i tried to launch Forza Horizon 5 and it wont open

Discus and support I Just changed my pc's hardware, and i tried to launch Forza Horizon 5 and it wont open in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; it gives me a prompt saying " the device id of the client licensing platform license does not match the device id in the associated device license" (i... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TeoCart, Jul 17, 2022.

1. TeoCart
    TeoCart Guest

I Just changed my pc's hardware, and i tried to launch Forza Horizon 5 and it wont open

it gives me a prompt saying "
    the device id of the client licensing platform license does not match the device id in the associated device license" (i translated it with google translate because im italian)

What should i do?

:)

TeoCart, Jul 17, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Amazing!
    I'm glad to hear that everything's working as usual now

Take care and happy gaming my friend!
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Teocart

Is this happening on windows 10 or 11?
    Only with Forza Horizon 5?
    And, please tell me briefly which troubleshooting steps you have done so far to fix this?

In the meantime try this :

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available (Install optional updates as well)

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services and update everything too.

Now, sign out from your account on both Xbox app and Microsoft Store and do this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Then do the same for the Xbox app and Forza Horizon 5 app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app / Forza Horizon 5 app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Finally do this:

Step 1: Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R key.

Step 2: Input WSReset.exe in the Run window and click OK.

Step 3: Then a command prompt window will appear. After a few seconds, Windows Store will open.

Sign in again on both Microsoft store and Xbox app with your account and give it a new try
  4. TeoCart Win User

Thank you so much, it fixed my problem!

Hope you have a nice day!

Teo.
  5. Sodangidni Win User

how to fix crash on startup splash screen for forza hotizon 5

Hello, EddieWoods1. I'm Arturo, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

I'm sorry to hear that you're not able to play Forza Horizon 5 because the game crashes unexpectedly.

Not only that, but I would like to ask:

— Do you see a crash error message, which one?
    — What are your hardware specifications?
    — Are more games affected, or is just Forza Horizon 5?

Besides that, Forza support has an article about the game crashing or not launching on PC, with some potential fixes.
    Could I know if you tried every potential solution described in the article?

https://support.forzamotorsport.net...My-Game-is-Not-Launching-or-is-Crashing-on-PC

I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Arturo.
  6. XER0_Gamez Win User

Forza Horizon 5 is not able to download to an external drive.

All of my Microsoft and Xbox games are downloaded on my external drive including the previous Horizon, which is Forza Horizon 4. I changed where new apps are stored when downloaded from the Microsoft store to my external drive but it still wont download Forza Horizon 5 to my external drive. On the Xbox app it wont show my external drive as an option to download to. I am able to download any game from the Microsoft store and Xbox app to my external drive except Forza Horizon 5.
Thema:

1. I Just changed my pc's hardware, and i tried to launch Forza Horizon 5 and it wont open - Similar Threads - changed pc's hardware

2. How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?: I no longer have an Xbox console. It was damaged when my basement flooded. I have been trying to play Ark: Survival Ascended and noticed that the Xbox app version for PC filters letters, making it...
  3. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  4. My Minecraft cape is gone after changing pc.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Minecraft cape is gone after changing pc.: I had to buy a new pc since my old one got bricked. I went into the launcher and changed skin (in the launcher since I play java edition) and suddenly my cherry blossom cape disappeared. There was...
  5. Language changing on xbox for pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Language changing on xbox for pc: I can't change language of my 2 (Persona 3 Portable and JoJo's Bizzarre Adventure: All Star Battle R) games on xbox for pc. They're both in Japanese - as You can see, I don't understand Japanese....
  6. how do I change accounts on the xbox app PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    how do I change accounts on the xbox app PC?: I sign out at the top left corner widget then it automatically signs me back in to the same account. A few times it gave me the option to switch accounts but now even if i just sign out and wait a...
  7. im trying to change my online game settings on my xbox settings for forza horizon 5 pc but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    im trying to change my online game settings on my xbox settings for forza horizon 5 pc but...: i have been trying to do this all day but it keeps popping up i close the tab and do it again it pops up i close the browser and do it again it pops up. 73cd7cb9-d196-4a6c-9438-b9f60f5feb44
  8. xbox app on pc keeps logging me into someone elses account and wont let me change users

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox app on pc keeps logging me into someone elses account and wont let me change users: I'm setting up a new pc. Trying to download games to try on it. I log into my account on firefox with no issues. But when I launch the app on the pc it keeps logging me into a similar but...
  9. How to change language in Yakuza kiwami 2 for PC for windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to change language in Yakuza kiwami 2 for PC for windows 10: I saw many people having this problem. Basically the game starts full japanese and there is no way to change that. I tried some methods to fix it but not one of them worked. Please help if you...
  10. cant change my pfp on xbox app on pc

in XBoX Accessibility
    cant change my pfp on xbox app on pc: hey so i have a pc and I'm trying to have a custom pfp on my Xbox but on the Xbox app there is no button for custom gamerpic and the xbox companion app is shut down so I don't know what to do....