I just bought this Xbox elite controller 2, it refuses to sync correctly and it's fully...

Discus and support I just bought this Xbox elite controller 2, it refuses to sync correctly and it's fully... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Seriously. Fresh out of the box and off the charger : it won't stay on. It indicates 100% battery so charging doesn't fix this. We have tried all the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Kayla Carroll1, Jan 31, 2024.

1. I just bought this Xbox elite controller 2, it refuses to sync correctly and it's fully...

Seriously. Fresh out of the box and off the charger : it won't stay on. It indicates 100% battery so charging doesn't fix this. We have tried all the stupid troubleshoots for this and nothing works. When we try to sync it, it just vibrates and shuts off!! It does the same thing when we try to update it. This is crazy ! Oh my gosh! It literally died during update and it's frickin PLUGGED INTO A WIRE. In fact that's all this ELITE controller will function on! We didn't buy an ELITE controller just for it to be WORSE than the others. Xbox has literally DEVOLVED. $100 controller just for it to be complete ****. $600 giant box that refuses to connect. Come on Microsoft, you use to be the best, all around for your gamers. This is just sad. If your new products will be this bad, at least put the prices at the quality level! Smh. I wonder if Sony is doing this?

:)

Kayla Carroll1, Jan 31, 2024
  2. Kayla Carroll1 Win User

I just bought this Xbox elite controller 2, it refuses to sync correctly and it's fully charged so why does it die when I try to pair or do anything?

Actually it wasn't a defect. After so many attempts to even get it to stay on, it finally got the update. Then crashed. I reset everything and once again tried. Now it's updated and now it's working. Two days of trying. Of course I'm not sure if it will do this all again tomorrow or not. But it is working and notices the controller wirelessly. Granted, I did have to use the wire again to try because even with 100% battery it didn't want to stay on. Why the battery is just fine now and it synced up perfectly now after the update is beyond me but it is working as it should now. I honestly hope you aren't tech support, how many controllers would someone go through returning? It just needs an update but the controller itself wasn't doing what it needed to to get the update. Is it really manufacturing that's the issue? How many controllers or better yet systems could get defected at one time? Above it all, The fact it took so long even with a cord is wild. Ok. It is wild.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

I just bought this Xbox elite controller 2, it refuses to sync correctly and it's fully charged so why does it die when I try to pair or do anything?

Defective products happen to all manufacturers

Just return it.
  4. MisterSquiddle Win User

Elite Series 2 Controller keeps "disconnecting"

Hi Zack,

I had something similar occur with my elite series 2 controller; however, the issue was specific to the Xbox. I’m not sure about PC. This is what I did to fix it.

This re-syncs the controller via USB-C cable.

1. For this, it's worth trying to power off the entire Xbox. Press and hold the power button on your Xbox until it fully turns off, then disconnect the power for a minute or so. This fully power cycles the console.
    2. Before you turn on the Xbox console, connect your Xbox controller to your Xbox console with a USB-C cable.
    3. Turn on your Xbox console by powering on the connected Xbox controller, pressing the Xbox button.
    4. Once the Xbox console has fully powered on, you should be able to disconnect the USB cable, and the controller should remain fully synced up having received pairing information from the controller directly.

Hopefully this will help.
  5. Woltho Win User

My xbox series x controller keeps connecting to the wrong wireless dongle.

Just this controller I think. My roommates controller connects correctly to his pc and the others are synced to an xbox.
  6. overcustomized mike Win User

How to reconnect Xbox controller to PC after playing wired to charge (Bluetooth)

I just got in an Elite Series 2 controller with the same issue. it is not removed from the devices list but still does not reconnect to bluetooth when disconnected from USB (charging/accessory app). The status light (xbox home button) just flashes slowly. It continues to do this until it shuts off or I delete and pair the controller again.

side note: elite controller is fully updated
Thema:

I just bought this Xbox elite controller 2, it refuses to sync correctly and it's fully...

1. I just bought this Xbox elite controller 2, it refuses to sync correctly and it's fully... - Similar Threads - bought elite controller

2. I bought 330 minecoins for 2000 microsoft points twice but never received an email to claim...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought 330 minecoins for 2000 microsoft points twice but never received an email to claim...: I bought them about a minute apart so maybe that's the problem but I never received the email to claim the second lot of 330 minecoins 7bb13d8e-9715-4bdb-8873-16f7a9e300b5
  3. New card says been redeemed I just scratched it today I bought it in December last year...

in XBoX on Windows
    New card says been redeemed I just scratched it today I bought it in December last year...: My new card says been redeemed by somebody else and won't let me check balance with code tell's me to contact customer support c8e332fc-d3c6-4dd4-a0dc-98d26ea5c155
  4. My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...: My current network status says the following services is having issues and I bought my two games online and I can't play them , what do I do !? 044a95f1-4974-4e36-a680-99a15bc1c5f5
  5. I bought my elite series 2 controller from amazon. Its still under 12 months how would I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought my elite series 2 controller from amazon. Its still under 12 months how would I...: I've had this pad since last December and now I'm start to get a major stick drift on the right analog stick. However I didn't purchase it directly from Microsoft/Xbox. What can I do. Can I get a...
  6. I bought an Elite Series 2 controller and it came without paddles, on the box it says it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought an Elite Series 2 controller and it came without paddles, on the box it says it...: I bought an Elite Series 2 controller and it came without paddles, on the box it says it includes paddles. What I can do? a4e8ce38-c7d5-46d5-bd93-f2a984c28027
  7. Bought a brand new Elite Series 2 Core-Controller and have big issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought a brand new Elite Series 2 Core-Controller and have big issues.: Recently bought a new Xbox Elite Series 2 Core-Controller and I've been experiencing some big issues with the a, b and y buttons. Before a click even registers I end up having to click these face...
  8. Just bought my third Elite Series 2... and guess what?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Just bought my third Elite Series 2... and guess what?: I have been having a battle with these controllers for the better part of a year now. Look at my questions on here. I finally said I've had enough with sending in for repair to be...
  9. I bought my elite 2 on 6-15-23 and you say it is out of warranty. It's malfunctioning and I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought my elite 2 on 6-15-23 and you say it is out of warranty. It's malfunctioning and I...: I bought this from Walmart on 6-15-23, when I entered the serial number it shows out of warranty. I've only had it 3 months. The right stick when pushed down turns off the controller. Please help...
  10. I just bought my Xbox elite series 2 core today and it will not connect to my MacBook Pro...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I just bought my Xbox elite series 2 core today and it will not connect to my MacBook Pro...: Any ideas on how to connect the controller i had normal controllers that connected in the past but this one will not connect when I try to connect it it says connection rejected I tried multiple...